Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lifan Monkey Bike - Unregistered

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Lifan Monkey Bike - Unregistered Reply with quote

Figured I didn't have enough bikes, picked this up for £350 unregistered, 4 miles on the clock. I have the paperwork to register, but unsure if I have everything. However, backup plan is to swap everything over to my other bike which is road reg'd but needs MOT'ing and it was raped of lights at a BCF BBQ. So this could be a donor if it can't be reg'd. It's a 70cc and runs fabulously, it had no battery but worked perfectly on the kick as did all the electrics. Fitted a battery and the starter worked. It's sat around for 6 months so it needs a bit of treatment on the shiny bits.
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Monkey/816D9262-E421-4A5F-B5E6-A28115E35EFE_zps86osvyac.jpg~originalhttps://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Monkey/688D2652-BC1E-40F6-8175-CB493D7ECFC9_zpsorkmu9oq.jpg~originalhttps://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Monkey/6D0345D3-9C58-4E40-9729-035CC43CE81A_zpsikphxuup.jpg~original
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

gavcarter
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:32 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ride in the house on that just to see what the mrs would do, sorry but you kind of have to!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavcarter wrote:
I would ride in the house on that just to see what the mrs would do, sorry but you kind of have to!
I rode the fireblade into the Granny Annexe, I think I pushed it too far.

prawny1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 05 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean your bike got raped of lights at a bcf bbq?

Some people are only alive cos its against the law to kill them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:24 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

prawny1 wrote:
It was previously owned by Paddy and crashed a few times Thumbs Up

Checked my documents and I have 2 out of the three, certificate of newness and EC Type approval. HOWEVER, I'm missing the customs document. What to do?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:46 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

prawny1 wrote:

It only needed 4 wires to run and stop... the rest was removed in BCF fashion, wheelied, crashed then hacked up. At one point was just a frame with an engine. Laughing

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will of course be your weapon of choice for the September weekend hack? Don't worry if it breaks down I can stick it in the pannier on the PanEuro!

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Re: Lifan Monkey Bike - Unregistered Reply with quote

wotsthestory wrote:
it was raped of lights at a BCF BBQ

Was it? Rolling Eyes

prawny1 wrote:

Nothing to do with me... Embarassed

Paddy. wrote:
It only needed 4 wires to run and stop... the rest was removed in BCF fashion, wheelied, crashed then hacked up. At one point was just a frame with an engine. Laughing

Hmm I vaguely remember such a situation.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
This will of course be your weapon of choice for the September weekend hack? Don't worry if it breaks down I can stick it in the pannier on the PanEuro!
After riding a 125 scooter back from Weymouth yesterday, I don't think I'd fancy that. I was soooo bored. That and it seems to have some limiter so you can not go faster than 60. If you pushed it off a cliff it would be holding back to 60.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:05 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably get away with just doing the following.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-registrations

Its new-ish anyway

Quote:
As well as documents to prove your identity, you must also send:

the cost of the vehicle tax
the new registration fee of £55, if you have to pay it
a current MOT certificate, if the vehicle is over 3 years old
a certificate of newness (or declaration of newness for imported vehicles), if the vehicle’s new
any documents you have relating to the vehicle - eg build plans if it’s a kit car
evidence of type approval (if required)

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:20 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit odd that gov.uk says no, I wouldn't go anywhere near HMRC personally. When you buy the "Skyjet in a crate" it is literally assemble, send off x paperwork with payment, receive docs.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain, that is spot on, thanks. Who did you email initially or was there a web form at HMRC?

Also, to complicate things a little. I have a brand new 125 lifan engine, which I want to put in, bearing in mind all my documentation is for the 70cc, am I better off just registering as is and then updating with new engine later. I don't want to make the DVLA have to think too hard.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 08 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thickens ....

HMRC reckon NOVA doesn't apply as this was imported pre-NOVA which is only recent. Give me a few bits of advice as to what I can do, or contact the importer and see if I can get a copy.

Called the company on the V267 and a nice lady directed me towards someone who may be able to help within the company. Emailed and awaiting response.

Cannon Tools, they seem to do the Neilsen cheapie tools and Monkey bikes.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped fannying around, called the previous 'owner' they forgot to give me the customs declaration. It's on it's way. I can do a regular registration now, no messing! Hopefully within a couple of weeks it will be road legal.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wotsthestory wrote:
Hopefully within a couple of weeks it will be road legal.

Considering how you described the intelligence of the previous owner, you probably shouldn't hold your breath on that Laughing

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 10 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

monteme0 wrote:
Considering how you described the intelligence of the previous owner, you probably shouldn't hold your breath on that Laughing
The woman was however, incredibly sweet. I have hope, very apologetic for not giving it to me at the time.

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:42 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have the three magic documents in my hand, also another one that says MOT passed! Not sure if I needed the later but with the certificate of newness being over three years old I've done it.

Will insure today and send off all the documents I have, then wait!

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some faffing around with the insurance, not putting the chassis number on the certificate and insuring the wrong model. Looking at the ECC and realising it has the wrong engine size listed. 49cc instead of 72. Called DVLA, mong said go back to the manufacturer and get them to correct it, as if that's an option. Went for the alternative option Rolling Eyes

It was sent yesterday special delivery, let's see what they make of it. Will not sleep until I see a letter from DVLA (either way), I hate dealing with this kind of stuff.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 24 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wotsthestory wrote:
Will not sleep until I see a letter from DVLA...

Oh dear, this could get messy. Exactly how long can you survive without sleep?

https://dobrador.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/funny-cat-pictures-lolcats-coffee-is-good-sleep-is-better.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2