Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I boughts me a triple

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:40 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your foot position in that photo is very excellent. Razz

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:44 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsure if sarcasm or lol'ing at my excessive sized feet Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:51 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare your foot position to the other guy in shot.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:53 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Laughing I'll just say its a wing to keep me stable Shifty

I have a problem with the Striple, its fuelling is dog shit anything below 4k. Feels very jerky and on/off. Aside from Commander de Powah, is there anything that can be done to sort this, TuneECU for example?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay above 4k Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:34 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL wrote:
Stay above 4k Thumbs Up

Easier said than done Laughing It seems 30mph and 40mph in usable gears are between these shit rev ranges.

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
SQL wrote:
Stay above 4k Thumbs Up

Easier said than done Laughing It seems 30mph and 40mph in usable gears are between these shit rev ranges.

The bandit seems a little like that doesn't like 30 its either 25 or 40 Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
SQL wrote:
Stay above 4k Thumbs Up

If your on standard cans still then u could use tune ecu to check that it's got the latest upto date map on it?!

My daytona can be a bit like that at low revs, but then it does have exup and Decat removed? Do u still have both of those on the exhaust?!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:49 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is an immaculate standard one Shocked You can change the shift lights which is massive lols to me Laughing
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:01 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to gps it tomorrow because the reviews of 130mph top speed are likely false. Closed private runway obviously.

That is some bike though!!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:28 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your phone doesn't have GPS?

The easy way to find out how accurate your speedo is, is to find one of the roadside display things that tells you how fast you're going.

But the best way is to find a community speed and you get sent a letter in your post congratulating you on your achievement. Do that a few times so that it's a thorough, comprehensive test of the accuracy and then you sell the vehicle locally. Wink

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take all the slack out of the throttle cables and if you have tune ecu then check the map.
https://www.street-triple.co.uk/index.php/topic,20430.0.html

They go into detail there, and if you haven't got a tune ecu cable then pm me your postal address, mine is not much use on the 2013 street triple with its locked ecu.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone has GPS, didn't expect to have an empty runway at my disposal Whistle

Not a lot of slack in cable at all really, however this thing is a wheelie machine so is likely going to stretch that cable fast. Laughing Unfortunately police officer no find wheelies good... let off as its my birthday, winning evening.

How much did you want for the cable? Mr. Green

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price of a pint? about £2.50 just to cover the postage Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:08 - 14 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Price of a pint? about £2.50 just to cover the postage Thumbs Up

Ooooh yes please Shocked

PM you my details and let me know how to pay or some magic Mr. Green

Diddylord
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:00 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree they don't like 30mph, I find you have to very gentle with the throttle, third gear to keep the reavs at about 4.

had 120 indicated ( prive land of course) we still pulling.

Absolutly brilliant bike fantasic handling, engines and noise, Twisted Evil Razz

will also pull from 40mph in 6th no problem and just keep on going, I ran out of road before I ran out of pull Twisted Evil

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:47 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diddylord wrote:
Absolutly brilliant bike fantasic handling

Afraid I disagrees, far too soft. Literally had the head shake violently at sub 50 with a teeny bump in the road, definitely needs to be a little firmer. Might pay to get the front end played with.

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:31 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 5 years old it's probably due for some fresh oil in the forks and shock, mine definitely needed softening at both ends when I took it to see the expert.
First thing, try setting it to the factory settings, who knows where the adjusters were left by the previous owner.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 06:43 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
At 5 years old it's probably due for some fresh oil in the forks and shock, mine definitely needed softening at both ends when I took it to see the expert.
First thing, try setting it to the factory settings, who knows where the adjusters were left by the previous owner.

These aren't adjustable. The rear is but the rear feels fine. The front feels remarkably soft Neutral

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, eyes must have been painted on to miss that it's the normal one, Embarassed

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:15 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Doh, eyes must have been painted on to miss that it's the normal one, Embarassed

Laughing However, if the R is actually any more pokey I'd be surprised, actually quite pleased with this bike, enough power to get you in shit with police Embarassed

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the bike was worth getting into debt for Thumbs Up

I'm having quite a dilemma. To buy a bike I can afford.. or to borrow more to get what I really want Wink

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R has exactly the same engine and all that, suspension and front brakes are the only difference and the rear shock is a bit longer, raises the seat about 5mm... Oh and a couple of stickers. Cool

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:11 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
The R has exactly the same engine and all that, suspension and front brakes are the only difference and the rear shock is a bit longer, raises the seat about 5mm... Oh and a couple of stickers. Cool

Do you not get hotter cams in there? Thought for the additional £££ you'd get a bit more spice. However G's Daytona is here... so I may upgrade to radial brakes and see if he notices Shifty
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4