Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I boughts me a triple

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could drop the front sprocket 1 tooth, should save a bit of front tyre wear Whistle

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:19 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
You could drop the front sprocket 1 tooth, should save a bit of front tyre wear Whistle

It lifts in 2nd off the throttle and 3rd off the clutch, it is moooore than enough for me at the minute with a verbal from 5-0. Proper tasty little machine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:22 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
stonesie wrote:

It lifts in 2nd off the throttle and 3rd off the clutch, it is moooore than enough for me at the minute with a verbal from 5-0. Proper tasty little machine.

Yes this. You'd also make the already not so great fuel consumption worse. The gearing is absolutely perfect as is. Don't change it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:24 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think it has bad consumption? My average on the last 3 days commute is 50mpg Laughing That is good for me.

However, the 15mpg when riding it like a chav was quite amusing.

Average on the clock is now ~44mpg Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:36 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
You think it has bad consumption? My average on the last 3 days commute is 50mpg Laughing That is good for me.

However, the 15mpg when riding it like a chav was quite amusing.

Average on the clock is now ~44mpg Thumbs Up

I get 45mpg. It's OK for a bike but not fantastic. I think the Buell was a bit better, and my Blade could do 60mpg without trying too hard.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get another Buell one day mate! Utterley bonker's looking bikes that have so much design and thought put into them, created by a bloke who knew what a good bike needs and how to design one!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:15 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

45mpg is great for me, the R1 got about the same but was boring in comparison.

Have the cable stonesie Mr. Green Thanks

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
At 5 years old it's probably due for some fresh oil in the forks and shock

I don't know anything about anything, but agree with Stonsie that fresh oil would be the cheap / easy thing to try first.

Drawing on my 5mins of experience, my ST rides the bumps at 30-60 well enough, no head shaking. But you do feel dropped manhole covers a fair bit, does that indicate it's under damped maybe? I don't know what under damped and under sprung (or over) would feel like. The rear moves a little under heavy acceleration, at a lean when over bumps. Not surprisingly. But it all adds to the drama Smile

My SV had smelly old fork oil, was well down on capacity (but no sign of leaks). Front was all over the place and the rear always off the deck under only moderate braking.
Stuck in fresh fork oil (mix of 10w and 15w with 15mm less air gap) and it's a new bike......although 15mm less was a bit much, should have gone 5mm on reflection.

The ST suspension is definitely softer than the R, but that's another reason I went for it. The R was too extreme for me......being a bit thick, I didn't think about it being adjustable on the R until a few weeks later Smile

Paddy wrote:

Proper tasty little machine.

It's like a demented little puppy, always eager to charge off in any direction to chase a ball and flip from one side to another with joy and it's tongue dangling in the wind. Give it the beans and it's no longer a puppy but a bull in a china shop with somebody waving a red flag in it's face Smile

I'm still not sure about the bars, give it a supermoto type feel (I would guess) but they seem pointless because the bike is so narrow and light. What do think about them?

Glad you like the bike, could it be the one Smile

I also like how it's not like a Honda, and by that I mean after 3k miles I'm still learning and figuring it out, instead of hoping on and instantly going quick.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:22 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the head shaking is me being super chav and blasting away until the bike tries to lift Laughing Managed to keep it up in 3rd today through Lewisham as it was empty due to police road closure Laughing

Superb machine, about to see if TuneECU works on the laptop then going out to put a up to date definitely 100% correct map on there.

If I flash a map, how would I get the original one back on? Laughing

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

https://www.tomhamburg.net/Tune_List.html

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:22 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Very Happy

Remapped.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!!!!!!

Massively better. So much better Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, u save the old map on your computer so if the new one fails u can just load that one back on dude!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:17 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fowlersrs wrote:
Well done, u save the old map on your computer so if the new one fails u can just load that one back on dude!

Map was showing as stock one anyway, I have that to reflash regardless Very Happy

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 16 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got the cable Thumbs Up

Sounds like you're having fun, you can calibrate the speedo with that too.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:36 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Glad you got the cable Thumbs Up

Sounds like you're having fun, you can calibrate the speedo with that too.

Cheers for the cable Thumbs Up

Must say, I think its cured a fair bit of the low end jitter. I want lots of popping and banging so I guess an aftermarket exhaust is required. I am still amazed at how willing it is to save its front tyre wear. Far better than my CBR600RR Laughing

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have bought the mk1, mine has a longer wheelbase and does 75 in 1st Shocked Pulls like a bastard but the front stays down, maybe I need to learn how to clutch it up Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:17 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Maybe I should have bought the mk1, mine has a longer wheelbase and does 75 in 1st Shocked Pulls like a bastard but the front stays down, maybe I need to learn how to clutch it up Thinking

I'll try mounting a camera to it soon... perhaps this evening i'll do some mobile phone/hd camera flyby vids.

Not tested the speed in 1st, have added a rev limit at 11500 as it doesn't make much power past that, peak is around 10500 tops.

Aff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Not tested the speed in 1st, have added a rev limit at 11500 as it doesn't make much power past that, peak is around 10500 tops.

Most places seem to say max power is at about 12k Question

https://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/gallery.php/d/155428-2/Dyno_Chart_Triumph_Street_Triple_Correction.jpg

https://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675_Std_vs_Arrow.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:32 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have another read of the page later and see if I can find it but the ones with vin 411xxx>53xxxx ran different maps and apparently were hitting top power ~10.5k

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I think the head shaking is me being super chav and blasting away until the bike tries to lift Laughing Managed to keep it up in 3rd today through Lewisham as it was empty due to police road closure Laughing

Superb machine, about to see if TuneECU works on the laptop then going out to put a up to date definitely 100% correct map on there.

Head shakes on my Daytona at full chat on 3rd gear corner exits. With a damper. It's just part of the fun. Amusingly, that happened as I went past an ST exiting Honda at Pembrey. The ST rider jizzed himself.

Re TuneECU, stock maps are on the website too. Go to www.675.cc for A LOT more info.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:22 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Need to gps it tomorrow

Delayed.

Speedo said 148mph.

https://i.imgur.com/iGqks6e.png

A little out.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:28 - 10 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it's not silent anymore Shocked

Probably too loud, it got boring fast but daaaaamn that burble!

https://youtu.be/ZmyQW18aBNE

Need to get a road recording but yeah... much better Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Oh it's not silent anymore Shocked

Probably too loud, it got boring fast but daaaaamn that burble!

https://youtu.be/ZmyQW18aBNE

Need to get a road recording but yeah... much better Laughing

Thumbs Up Sounds nice Smile

Fk me, that speedo's more optimistic than old Kwak ones Shocked
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:49 - 10 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a feeling its been downgeared... It pulls wheelies in 3rd with no real hassle Laughing

However, the video makes it sound so quiet... see if I can get Iains camera or my phone/gopro in the pocket Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4