Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

long rolling project 98 fzs 600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
gsxfdumb This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Yamahardon
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:07 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

brand new fzs 1000 rear on ebay, not mine!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fzs-1000-rear-caliper-/111407593524?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item19f068f834

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamahardon wrote:

I should go for that if I were you. Word on the Fazer Owners forum is they don't come along too often. I think you need to shave a little bit off of somewhere to fit it, but no big shakes.

Check front sprocket has the nut mod; should be 12mm thick as opposed to original 9mm.

There is a headlight mod that a lot of folks do - gives you both bulbs on or some such - original lights are complete pants as standard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 15 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you take the pistons out of the brakes, clean the grooves then re fit? Or did you just scrub them and hope for the best?

I would of gone for the first option, always do, looks alright but those rims are fucking hanging. Sick
gsxfdumb This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:04 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bike, sadly the owners club scare me! They have their own salute, u know like Rimmer from red dwarf Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fazer Tom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:17 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these, I remember it having a clunky gearbox, was quite nippy though. Id have one again.

I spiced mine up with some Usd forks.

https://i.imgur.com/GFIxhZ0l.jpg

Past: (1981 CG125) (1992 ZZR250 x2) (1976 KZ400) (1993 400 Superfour) (2002 Triumph TT600) (1998 Fazer) (2001 CCM 636) (2000 CCM 604) (2007 Kawasaki Z750) (2005 Husqvarna SM450R) Current: (1989 Bandit 400)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

STONEY! wrote:
Great bike, sadly the owners club scare me! They have their own salute, u know like Rimmer from red dwarf Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Aw heck, we ain't that bad! Laughing

Yeah, that salute is a bit odd, but it's just done as a larf - no one takes it too seriously! Wink

Yamahardon
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:36 - 22 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

when u fit that thou caliper u will need to shave some metal off the 600 bracket for it to fit.

ALSO IMPORTANT is to put an M10 washer BETWEEN EACH HOLE of the caliper and bracket, this just spaces it the correct amount for the disc. Eye it up though you will see what i mean.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 23 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you done with the old tank? Can't you just measure the tank stickers on that? Confused
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 24 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you write it down and put it in a folder with your receipts? Laughing OCD for the win!
EDIT: Is this any help?
https://www.yamahabikespecs.com/yamahadecals/955.htm

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 24 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

or this?
https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?modelid=9654&pageid=27&m=yamaha%20fzs%20600%20fazer%20fuel%20tank&uID=146417911
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4