Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

long rolling project 98 fzs 600

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:08 - 08 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit, that is a pretty good job Shocked Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:49 - 08 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good from the pic Thumbs Up

If you're bothered about any orange peel and want to improve on it without respraying you can always flat it and polish back up. The worst orange peely finish can be flatted and polished to a glass finish so long as you have enough paint / clear coat to work with.
If you don't have a machine buffer / polisher it's not too much effort to do by hand on a small area like that, even a good hard rub down with something like T-Cut will really bring results. Like anything though, it depends how far you want to go with it and it looks fine to me from that pic Thumbs Up
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:14 - 19 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spare fazer engine I didnt really want to part with it as its out of a later 2003 bike (better generator and gearbox) that had covered 23000 with full history including just having the valves done with service book to prove. If you want it its yours for £250 with a money back guarantee if it doesnt run 100% spot on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:39 - 20 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, its not going anywhere, will need the starter cover from your engine as I used it to repair another bike.

69.9mph
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:26 - 29 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
PaulFzs wrote:
TL;DR...

ENGINE ATE ITSELF
FZS IS DEAD.

Hillarious.

How the fuck did you manage that then?! Laughing

https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,14655.0.html

Bike night tonight so off for a ride i go but a bike pulled alongside and opened the throttle so i tried to keep up... accidently in the wrong gear and bounced off the limiter for a second.. about 100 meters later id got up to about 100(kmh obviously) and i heard a strange noise, pulled over and i have a rattle/knocking sound coming from the right hand side, sounds like bottom end but not sure.

I limped home but the noise only seems to appear at 4000rpm+ and stops if i decelerate but happens more if i accelerate hard past 4000.

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 13 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://manlycurls.com/blog_new/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jumo-shrug-meme-starting-strength.jpg

Laughing

Keep at it man. Good project Thumbs Up

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:53 - 14 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulFzs wrote:

Laughing

Sorry, couldn't resist Very Happy

Fair play to you for keeping it alive Thumbs Up

Look forward to seeing it up and running again! Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4