Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

youtube monetization

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: youtube monetization Reply with quote

Does anyone here actually make anything worthwhile from this?
How do they pay you?

I have several channels and some have the usual inexplicable very popular videos - I monetized that channel only last month and have now earned $0.01
Wasn't expecting much but did think it would be *a bit* more Laughing

Daft thing is the best one has now passed 500,000 views but I never thought to do it until recently and it gets less now (it's a clip with a tractor the know-it-all Americans keep arguing about!)

Last edited by doggone on 10:35 - 18 Jul 2014; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 17 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I monetized mine a while back just out of interest to see how it worked and what you got, my adsense account says the balance is £1.00 yet my videos only have a few hundred views each. Confused
I think I need £60 before I get a payment Laughing

The youtube analyse page seems very random it says some videos with a few hundred views have made $0.01 yet another one with only 30 views has made $0.10

My aim is to make 5 vlogging videos a day and promote them all on this forum as it is very popular and I will become rich.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:13 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
I monetized mine a while back just out of interest to see how it worked and what you got, my adsense account says the balance is £1.00 yet my videos only have a few hundred views each. Confused
I think I need £60 before I get a payment Laughing

The youtube analyse page seems very random it says some videos with a few hundred views have made $0.01 yet another one with only 30 views has made $0.10

My aim is to make 5 vlogging videos a day and promote them all on this forum as it is very popular and I will become rich.

I think that's a good plan, this forum is historically very receptive to motorcycle vloggers. I've seen them devote pages of discussion about them.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:17 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be very supportive and agree with your rants and will think your riding is amazing. We'll call you the next best thing since BVG!

and yeah, sure, you'll be rich.[/list]

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 12:46 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adsense / Youtube Partners is very low paying if you have minimal views. That being said, I'm surprised that a video with 500,000 views has made you that little.

I have a couple of monetised sites running Adsense and one of them is earning £10 a week with about 300 views per week.

Depends what the RPM (Return Per Mille/1000) is on the ads, depending what you get paid for the views per 1000. You will earn the most for clicks though. I've seen £1.81 for 1 click on a particular ad.

For YouTube though, here's the best stats site you will find on it: https://www.socialblade.com

Check out how much some of the top YouTubers like Pewdiepie make on a weekly basis Shocked

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie

He's a clever bastard him, originally making videos in his home country of Sweden and gaining top ranking because nobody was really doing it, then moving to the US and taking advantage of his high rankings from Sweden but changing location to US, basically gaming the ranking system to promote his videos to the spot light page. Think he lives in the UK now, which again, has propelled his rankings.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:20 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1 Jay wrote:
Check out how much some of the top YouTubers like Pewdiepie make on a weekly basis Shocked

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/pewdiepie

Shocked

That's just staggering!!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1 Jay wrote:
Adsense / Youtube Partners is very low paying if you have minimal views. That being said, I'm surprised that a video with 500,000 views has made you that little.

I only turned it on last month, it was uploaded in 2007 Laughing
It does seem best if you have something of interest to the Americans, probably because they find it easier to target ads there?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

just checked on that page how much 'Stampy' makes who does minecraft vids my son is obsessed with....

estimated minimum of 55k a week.....what.....the....fuck??

I could be an annoying weasly sounding turd playing a game as well as he can...

if only I was capable of talking on camera and not saying anything disturbing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my estimated earnings for that channel.
I could buy a pizza Cool

https://s6.postimg.org/bzea9msqp/Capture.jpg

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 14:59 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucked up how much money is in it, isn't it? I don't think most people understand how much you can make if you start getting 1 million views per video alone.

That explains why you income is crap then doggone, you missed out on a few quid there Very Happy

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:03 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example of a lower end one but still good earnings.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shmee150

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/shmee150

One of those guys who goes around London taking videos of the super cars.

Between £1.5k and £12k a month...not bad for doing something you love doing anyway?

That's why there's so many of those pranksters on YouTube too but I wouldn't be fooled in to thinking any of it is easy going.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinigami wrote:
Surprised

just checked on that page how much 'Stampy' makes who does minecraft vids my son is obsessed with....

I know the other one, iBallisticSquid. He was a cleaner at the gym I worked at. His says he gets minimum 23k a week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoosnoo wrote:
Shinigami wrote:
Surprised

I know the other one, iBallisticSquid. He was a cleaner at the gym I worked at. His says he gets minimum 23k a week.

can you punch him for me? he's seriously annoying

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:36 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronVonGrumble

£162 - £1.3K
ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS

£1.9K - £15.6K
ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS

lol, that's not so much when compared to others especially as he's now considered by his haterz as a sell out. Razz

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
BaronVonGrumble

£162 - £1.3K

£1.9K - £15.6K

lol, that's not so much when compared to others especially as he's now considered by his haterz as a sell out. Razz

Still, if it's at the upper end he's making more than my actual wage in view money o.O

Not to mention the perks, considering he's riding around on a 1290r Superduke he's being loaned for free from KTM.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudly wrote:

I think that's a good plan, this forum is historically very receptive to motorcycle vloggers. I've seen them devote pages of discussion about them.

Thanks for the support I will credit you in all of my videos so that everybody on the site knows that you were involved.
My first vlogg is going to be about a charity ride I'm doing to Great Yarmouth, (they love that sort of thing on here) it's 20 miles each way and I'll have no support crew so it's going to be pretty epic. Talk about jumping in at the deep end.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:
Ste wrote:
BaronVonGrumble

£162 - £1.3K

£1.9K - £15.6K

Still, if it's at the upper end he's making more than my actual wage in view money o.O

Not to mention the perks, considering he's riding around on a 1290r Superduke he's being loaned for free from KTM.

I still wouldn't turn my nose up at a couple of K a year for fuck all really! I did have a few videos which got several hundred thousand views, this was years ago and then my account got banned.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
BaronVonGrumble

£162 - £1.3K

£1.9K - £15.6K

He doesn't make enough videos and has a small targeted audience like most things motorbike related.
Some of the daily vloggers have over a million subs and get 300,000 views per upload.

Every time that Pewdiepie guy uploads he gets a few million views straight away which would be considered 'going viral' by most other peoples standards.

I've read a few articles about making your video go viral and it basically involves being an annoying cunt spamming social media, youtube and forums as well as giving the video a misleading title.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all he does is talk over video games?! The fuck!

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 18 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get his videos either, he's quite annoying and his girlfriend even more so but he got 385 million views in the last 30 days which is a lot of people to advertise too.
I bet even if he wore a particular brand of t-shirt there would be a spike in sales.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:41 - 19 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have the option whether to monetise a video or not. BVG might not have most of his monetised.

Not only do you make a few quid from the views, clicks are a lot more and then any endorsements you have from companies, affiliate links, etc.

Not to be sniffed at making another couple grand a month on top.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 19 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next job: YouTube celebrity! Right, what the hell can I do that'll get millions of views and who'll edit my videos to make them watchable?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:50 - 19 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:
My next job: YouTube celebrity! Right, what the hell can I do that'll get millions of views and who'll edit my videos to make them watchable?

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/howtobasic

https://www.youtube.com/user/HowToBasic/videos

They seem like simple enough videos to make and quite a lot of them have a million or more views.

Razz

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 20 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is without subscribers there will be 100's of other videos higher up the search ranking then yours so you won't get the views.
It's weird how certain videos are pretty average yet get loads of views though, there is one of a guy backing a BMW S1000RR out of his drive and it's got over a million views, no editing or talking of anything and other with riding/nice shots/editing ect with less then a few hundred views of the same bike.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:54 - 20 Jul 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also external sources to consider with them videos though. The source of all the views may be the result of a high traffic website that featured the video, viral video site, etc.

It doesn't all come from YouTube directly.

For instance, you could upload a video of you face planting on a BMX, then post it on break.com and they feature it, thus driving 10's of thousands of views, then other sites pick it up, and so on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2