Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CD200 engine, which frame?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

salem1987
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:55 - 02 Aug 2014    Post subject: CD200 engine, which frame? Reply with quote

Hi, looking to re frame my cd200 as its gone beyond being fixable from all the rot.

I'm trying to locate a cd200 frame, but was also wondering what other bikes these motors slot into?

All the old honda commuter frames look quite similar too me, such as cb125td's and cb250's.

Older CG125 frames look the same too from photos...??

Bunny Lingus
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:44 - 03 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at my old CD175 frame but I don't think it'll swap. The engine might bolt in to the rear mounts but it has twin frame tubes under the engine not the down tube on CBs/CGs & later CDs. Sorry. At least you can eliminate that from your search Thumbs Up

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 05:10 - 03 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drops into a CB125 Super-Dream frame a treat. Just needs the Super-Dream's generator, 12v starter, and a Y piece from one of the ignition triggers to fire both CDi's on the Super-Dream ignition at the same time. With decent mono-shock linkage, at the back and well fettled brake up front, probably the best handling and best stopping of the bunch of Benly based small-hondas. Unfortunately you'd have to reg as the 125 Super-Dream, and the insurance would go up, even if you didn't tell them about the bigger engine though!
Would drop into a CM125, frame, or a CB Two-fifty chassis.
Not so sure whether it would swap so easily into an XL frame, but stuffing one into an XL185 T-Shock chassis I reckon would make a pretty interesting 70's 'Street-Scrambler'.
When I slotted a CD200 lump into a Super-Dream, to test it, on the lower 125's gearing it pulled like a dirt bike, while the lumpiness of the 360 crank made me think of the old brit-bikes.
Think it could make a quite interesting and useful budget brat-chop street-scrambler; be quite capable on the loose, yet, just that tad more civilised on tar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

salem1987
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 06:17 - 04 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice, that helps me a lot in my ebay searchings!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1