Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KTM Duke 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:33 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many wheels on the floor.

Awesome, enjoy it Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing quite like a new toy on your birthday is there? Thumbs Up

Can your wrist take it now? Colour scheme looks good as well.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 23 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it! Just be careful bringing the front wheel back down again then! Laughing
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 24 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the reliability and mpg on those?

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, best start learning to wheelie!
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:
I like it, best start learning to wheelie!
Let's face it, he can't do any worse than the previous owner Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
How's the reliability and mpg on those?

Dunno.

Haven't done a tankfull yet as I go past a fuel station on the way out so always top up....MPG isn't something I worry about tbh as my vehicles are purely toys. My commute is a flight of stairs! Reliability? Hasn't gone bang yet, all the switches and buttons seem to work alright so I guess pretty good. Although I've only done around 20-30miles, so we might find it potato's itself in a few weeks.

All my parts with the exception of the tyres & handguards have arrived, so ought to see some actual progress on this within a few days.

The only ''supermoto'' that I know is reliable, FMX, is also terribly boring, so that's why I ask. Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:45 - 26 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
The only ''supermoto'' that I know is reliable, FMX, is also terribly boring, so that's why I ask. Smile

Ride a 200 or 300 EXC supermoto. Come back to me and say they are boring, I'll strap your nuts up and run them over Laughing

imanupstart
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 07:43 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant bike Thumbs Up Dropped a tooth on the front sprocket when I owned mine, really livened her up a bit. Never missed a beat in two years of ownership.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 08:57 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Ride a 200 or 300 EXC supermoto. Come back to me and say they are boring, I'll strap your nuts up and run them over Laughing

300 IS pretty boring engine wise, I'd say Smile.
300SX might be more interesting, though not sure it was ever sold as that (but the big bore kit was.)
Of course that does make the 300 excellent for challenging off road - why I chose it for Weston, as didn't fancy needin a flurry of high revs to get moving when halfway up a sand bank!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bike Iain! Thumbs Up

Should be easy to make that mint again too! I always though the Duke was like a very classy upmarket SM bike, and it's a big bother to the KTM Sting, which I really like too!

Can't see much else being as suitable for a commute across town/city or for putting a big smile on your face while doing it!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 28 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of work for 1day dude!

Seriously it would take me the best park of a week on and off to do all that, and I would have several problems along the way too!

Using my KMX as an example, I think I lost a washer from the front wheel spindle when I took out the wheels. It took me the best part of a week to find a new stainless washer to replace it with, even though the original was probably just plated steel.

When I tried to do a quick pad change on the front caliper, I spilt brake fluid on the caliper body and the paint peeled off. I had a tantrum and decided to rip off the caliper, mounting bracket etc, and strip it all down and send it off for powder coating along with the kickstart.

I think part of the reason I've not used the bike much this year is that in total it must have spent 3months on and off, off the road waiting for parts or things to be done, like powder coating, or having the seat re-covered which took 10weeks! Shocked

I've put off removing the expansion chamber as I bet having it or a new Giannelli one sent off for plating or ceramic coating will turn into another saga! Laughing
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:00 - 29 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend you remove chicken strips and do many wheelies/stoppies.

The handbags are cheaper than the cans, but serve the same purpose, so are the canny purchasing choice for the modern tart Wink.
MC This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2