1994 GSXR750 Cafe Racer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

FriendlyEllis
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:24 - 22 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crafty!!!

Your eBay advert for this bike actually appears at the bottom of the page!
Well, the last page anyway!

Jerry B
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 22 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst in some ways I like this, I do think that really a sows ear has been made out of a silk purse. What was a good sporty bike has been changed into what is probably a less sporty bike.

Each to their own etc...

TH427
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 01:23 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is for sale. It was a fun project and steep learning curve, but the money this is raising will go towards my first house and the possible purchase a road registered montessa cota 348 that is in need of restoration. I spent a couple weeks recently getting the bike fit for sale, and fabricated another, much improved subframe, along with many other little changes.

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/TH427/Mobile%20Uploads/DF9FA9C5-1510-48AE-BAEA-B7AC351C6EB8_zpsi3vfj1dg.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/TH427/Mobile%20Uploads/ED57CB95-60C9-4DE5-BD8C-5F2089C3AD30_zps04nzs097.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/TH427/Mobile%20Uploads/7F003B54-21E1-4079-A069-D531DB6FE962_zpszaui2kuq.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/TH427/Mobile%20Uploads/5FF8CEF0-8FEF-4727-8ABF-BEECB880D77B_zpslspuazi6.jpg

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:42 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
The Slab-side GSXR is a 'iconic' motorcycle.. but I tend to find the cult of the gixxer, more ironic ' than iconic.

We are calling late watercooled ones slabsides now?

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:15 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get more than you want for it.

I've always really liked this. Even more so looking at the picturea again. Love the black and polished metal and for a home made job it looks great Thumbs Up

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too - it is different and it is clean - so many projects fail because people just can't clean stuff properly. My bike will NEVER be as clean as that Mr. Green

Shame it didn't have an exhaust on the other side, something 'fake' period.

Good luck with the sale Thumbs Up

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:07 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look good, ditch the K&N sticker though please.
Tritey This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this. Top work and good luck with the sale.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 27 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLWS!

As I've said before this now looks quite a nice machine. I think the devil in a naked or café bike is in the detail and execution. Every bracket, mount and part is under far more scrutiny than it would have been on the fully faired std bike.

I think this is where a lot of the negative and critical comments come from, as a non faired bike is easy to make look bad/cheap/tacky, but hard to make every part look like it was meant to be there from original.

Bar a few details and the filters etc, I think this GSXR750 looks a far nicer bike than a scuffed up faired original with cracked or shabby plastics, scratched 20year old screen and a 90's tacky shell suit paintjob.

I bet you get some interest in this and it should sell to someone that likes the simple style and wants to further refine it to their own desires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:59 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

£2,150 so far with 3 days left... Surely you have to be happy with that for a bike that old Very Happy

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:58 - 28 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That there is a thing of beauty :manlytears:

Hope you get a good sum for it Thumbs Up
MCN. This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:11 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that looks superb.

I was a bit dubious about the earlier incarnations, but it came out very well at the end.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3