Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ISIS Airstrikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Shall we bomb 'em good?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 26 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 46

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: ISIS Airstrikes Reply with quote

So The Commons are voting on Airstrikes today to join in with the Yanks and the Frenchies.

What's your opinion on this? I'm split, which is rubbish I know. Providing what we're told about ISIS/ISIL/IS is true and they're a set of murderous nutbags I'm all for bombing the shit outa them then going in with the infantry and finishing off the wounded.

BUT

ISIS will use human shields from the planes, for definite. The second we're responsible for an innocent it'll be a drive for more idiotic youth to join them to fight against the west "who kill innocent muslims".

What do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerous points:

Unless we are willing to occupy a country for 50+ years we should leave them completely alone.

Over time they will sort things out and find a balance of power of their own.

The half in half out approach does not really work as it leaves a power vacuum.

Case in point Japan, S Korea and Germany. These countries were occupied by the US military for 50 or so years, they are still to some extent under occupation. As a result a stable society came about from this occupation.

Look at China, they were left alone since 1949 and were isolated in 1955 when the USSR split with them. They made many mistakes, killed hundreds of millions of their own people. But after 35 years of mistakes they started changing things for the better living standards for many (but not all) increased.

Iran for the most part has been left alone since the 70s and they became a stable democracy though we don't like this as it is bad for our profits.

Finally the 'air strikes' and 'humanitarian aid ' are going to be used to topple Assad.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomb the whole fucking region flat. Backward, worthless, hateful, primitive untermensch. Seriously even the "good" ones are camel fucking primitives. Not one shit given here if we just carpet bombed the entire region till it's population was blown all the way down to zero.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pointless....how will bombing people stop the problem, its going to put more fuel in the fire so to speak. Next we will see a photo/video of airstrike taking out civilians which will turn even more people against the west.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:39 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Bomb the whole fucking region flat. Backward, worthless, hateful, primitive untermensch. Seriously even the "good" ones are camel fucking primitives. Not one shit given here if we just carpet bombed the entire region till it's population was blown all the way down to zero.

So really you want to authorize airstrikes in the UK as well.....as ISIS are everywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
It is pointless....how will bombing people stop the problem, its going to put more fuel in the fire so to speak. Next we will see a photo/video of airstrike taking out civilians which will turn even more people against the west.

That's the point of air strikes to pour fuel onto the fire.

So we can have a perpetual boogey man, so we can be in a constant state of warfare. So weapons firms make fat profits.

So governments can strip away your rights.

Anything less than a long and expensive (lives and money) occupation will do nothing.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

moonzoomer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing to do with the UK in any shape or form, if the yanks want to bomb another country to line their pockets then let them do it on their own.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:01 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Re: ISIS Airstrikes Reply with quote

snoosnoo wrote:
ISIS will use human shields from the planes, for definite. The second we're responsible for an innocent it'll be a drive for more idiotic youth to join them to fight against the west "who kill innocent muslims".

What do you think?

That anyone pre-disposed to go on jihad will consider all "proper" Muslims as "innocent". Everything's a casus belli when your spellbook says so.

While our goals here are pretty much "drop bombs until the press find something else to yammer about", I don't think that supine appeasement of our in-country diversities is a winning long term strategy either.

I don't pay much attention to "the news", but when I saw a headline of Cameron bleating that we would "smash the Islamic State", I got a sudden, brief happy until I figured out that he was talking about a dozen sand-ninjas with AKs and cleavers. Sad

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said No to bombing and all those of you that want to bomb them I say, go to the army and apply for the position in the bomber plane or infantry and go there to do the job yourself. That's also what I tell to people that talk about death penalty and how cool would it be to have it back.

How many of those enemy ''soldiers'' actually are there and what technology and weapons they have, that you want to wipe them out? I understand that people in the USA are brainwashed and everything they do from the moment they are born is aimed for killing and hatred, but I've never though UK would even consider this.

I don't keep up with the news but all they wanted was to have their own country, right?

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Itchy, to do the job properly, they (the states) would need to go in with the gloves off and fuck shit up in a major fashion. There would be widespread destruction, loads of innocent folks would die and shit would probs get a lot worse before it gets better. Sadly that is what a proper war is like: fucking horrible.

Of course all that sort of stuff is long-term, most importantly over several election cycles. When your politicians are only concerned with the next 4 years, who will pass up the chance to use a war as ammo against the opposing party?

I think this is the view shared by lots of us troops (and ex-troops): "either let us go in with the gloves off and commit to a war properly or don't send us at all".

This post talks about it reasonable well I think:

https://www.oafnation.com/musings-of-a-grey-man/2014/9/18/slls-americas-modern-method-of-waging-war

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I said No to bombing and all those of you that want to bomb them I say, go to the army and apply for the position in the bomber plane or infantry and go there to do the job yourself. That's also what I tell to people that talk about death penalty and how cool would it be to have it back.

So any vote in this poll needs basing on experience or a willingness to take part?

Here is me as an Infantryman in Iraq there's my experience to vote yes and to call them a bunch of primitive, camel fucking, degenerate shits

https://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/wr6133/30229_10150199165630543_553630542_12785863_1889011_n.jpg

Your experience in what validates a no? UN global peace envoy maybe? Fancy going over there and asking ISIS nicely to stop sawing off heads, ethnic cleansing and trading girls like some kind of paedophile swap-meet?

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

How many of those enemy ''soldiers'' actually are there and what technology and weapons they have, that you want to wipe them out? I understand that people in the USA are brainwashed and everything they do from the moment they are born is aimed for killing and hatred, but I've never though UK would even consider this.

I don't keep up with the news but all they wanted was to have their own country, right?

This lot might be different to who you're thinking of. This lot are butchering muslims who don't subscribe to ISIS's version. Capturing foreign aid workers and filming their beheadings. They don't want a country, they eventually want the world.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Re: ISIS Airstrikes Reply with quote

snoosnoo wrote:
...Providing what we're told about ISIS/ISIL/IS is true...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

/thread

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:07 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think of airstrikes more as a containing measure than a defeating measure. If we can keep them over there exploding to a US or British missile then that is a few fewer of them to come here and explode on a crowded bus in the middle of Bristol or Edinburgh.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all above,

I am a civilian person that gets only those informations, that people that rule this country, Europe, the world, give me via the internet and Tv. I've got no power or authority to get those informations otherwise.

I had 2 semesters of International law at the faculty, it was about wars and conflicts and international war crimes and so on = big players do whatever they want and history books are made so the next generation will feel proud about what has been done (USA, Israel, Russia, UK, Belgium, France and so on - all fake mostly at the: and the locals just moved or extinct part)
Anyway, for you, not Slavs, is this conflict somehow important. The only Tv news we get here about the situation are, that Obama decided to start the first wave = shooting Tomahawk rockets from 1000 miles away ships at basically random targets in the area. Or that the most modern fighter aircrafts (USAF) are shooting at ''what they've told us'' the ''enemy'' bases were. And I could go on.

About those executions, well, what to say really. There was this case of two Czech women who got kidnapped in the middle east, now no one heard of them a while. There were videos with holding the newspaper and reading the prepared text with gun to the head and so on. Who were those two women? I can tell you, they were stupid. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs told them not to go, the airline company told them not to go, and others told them not to go, that it was a dangerous area especially for white women. Did they listen? Apparently not. We are Czech republic, we don't bomb people just because of 2 citizens get missing in the area that was marked as not safe. Have you heard about the case? No you have not. Why? Because we are a no name country in the west of what people still call ex-soviet area and we don't have the power to enforce a thing. Our army only goes to those bombed out areas/countries to build roads, hospitals, schools and so on, and train local police to restore the order. A friend of mine, that's in the army, actually was in various places, to do such a work.

Anyway, back to the today's events, all the executed people were reporters and people that went to the area for some, for me incomprehensible, reason. I'm pretty sure their governments also told them not to go there. If they were soldiers then I'd understand, that they can get into captivity. It is their job to go to places that civilians would never go to. That's what's being a combatant is all about in terms of the international law. You know, it's nice that the western world obeys the rules it made itself, but those rules mean nothing to the middle eastern people, they don't even know them and they have never agreed to obey them.

TL; DR
So, I still say no to bombing. If it's necessary, send the infantry. The locals have AK-47's, that never hit the target twice, and some old modified cars. Is it really necessary to drop tons of freedom on them? For 'muricans, this must be the best video game ever, piloting drones from back home, shooting at defenceless people from jet fighters and 1000 miles away ships and so on.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

TL; DR
So, I still say no to bombing. If it's necessary, send the infantry. The locals have AK-47's, that never hit the target twice, and some old modified cars. Is it really necessary to drop tons of freedom on them? For 'muricans, this must be the best video game ever, piloting drones from back home, shooting at defenceless people from jet fighters and 1000 miles away ships and so on.

ISIS actually have arty and tanks captured from the Iraqi army (who ran away like pussies without first destroying their equipment to prevent capture). These ISIS assets, while dangerous, will be almost impossible to replace and so airstriking them makes sense in that it will be long-term/permanently affecting the ISIS ability to fight.

Airstriking groups of "militants" such as in afghan or pakistan is dumb as like you say, they are just some dudes with AK's (which come ten-a-penny in the ME it seems). You are just causing a few casualties at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars.

_Chris_
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:36 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted 'yes'... but

SHOULD we? Yes
CAN we? I'm not sure.

How sure our the intelligence guys that they know, without shadow of a doubt, where IS members are, and that they can be taken out cleanly with a bomb dropped from a military jet?

We need to accept the fact we have allowed a primitive barbaric culture to breed in the UK, and when we start dropping bombs on the 'holy muslim warriors' we can expect some backlash.

I'd like to see less MPs apologising for muslim behavior, every protest/killing/video is always met with 'well, obviously that's not the REAL islam'.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the question of the UK should bomb them, or other countries should bomb them. Should other countries? I don't care. Should the UK? Well it's only another 6 planes so it's not really a ground breaking deal is it? It's just tokenism so Dave can sit at the table too.

We might want to sort out our own country first. 1600 white kids raped and sexually abused by muslims in Britain and the police did NOTHING because they thought doing so it raciss? 500 residents off with ISIS? Ridiculous immigration levels? Can't insult the sky wizard without getting arrested? Sounds like our human rights need a bit of re-enforcement too.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

another 2 - 5 years of conflict costing Trillions that we can't afford Evil or Very Mad

have they learned nothing from there past actions

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:53 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
There is the question of the UK should bomb them, or other countries should bomb them. Should other countries? I don't care. Should the UK? Well it's only another 6 planes so it's not really a ground breaking deal is it? It's just tokenism so Dave can sit at the table too.

We might want to sort out our own country first. 1600 white kids raped and sexually abused by muslims in Britain and the police did NOTHING because they thought doing so it raciss? 500 residents off with ISIS? Ridiculous immigration levels? Can't insult the sky wizard without getting arrested? Sounds like our human rights need a bit of re-enforcement too.

While I totally agree about needing to sort this stuff out at home, it is certainly not mutually exclusive to bombing ISIS. One set of assets is some cops who were afraid to rock the boat, the other is a squadron of heavily armed (if ageing) fighter bombers. Apples and oranges imo.

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:56 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
another 2 - 5 years of conflict costing Trillions that we can't afford Evil or Very Mad

have they learned nothing from there past actions

Costs won't be that high. The Tornado is an old jet coming to the end of its life. The munitions they'll be dropping would likely have only had to have been disposed of at the end of their service life anyway, at least this way both see some use before the end.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wobbly Orange wrote:

While I totally agree about needing to sort this stuff out at home, it is certainly not mutually exclusive to bombing ISIS. One set of assets is some cops who were afraid to rock the boat, the other is a squadron of heavily armed (if ageing) fighter bombers. Apples and oranges imo.

They are mutually exclusive in practice though as every time politicians side with doing the war thing, and they never side with doing the domestic. It's not that it's physically impossible to do them concurrently, it's that the government is only interested in doing one of them.

Boris the spider
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:16 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPs votes done

Aye - 524
Naw - 43

Bombing it is then

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

No boots on the ground ??

Oh no combat troops on the ground Laughing
thats how Vietnam started Wink

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 26 Sep 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no trust or faith in anything "they" say any more.

It's a little bit "boy who cried wolf" really, IS might really be a wolf, but I've heard enough bullshit from the government to cast a reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt being enough not to send a person to prison, let alone fire rockets from fighter jets at them.

Still, what we want is of little relevance really, once our local MP's are voted in they'll go and do their own thing anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5