Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda City Fly CLR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

joe.staffs
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:16 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Honda City Fly CLR 125 Reply with quote

Hello, I ride a Honda CLR, cousin of the XLR 125. These were only made from 98-03 and have a similar 4 stroke engine to the CG. They were produced with black, green or red panels. The idea was to make a hybrid between road and scrambler style of bike and I really like what they did! They almost top 70mph and can be fetched for around £700. I finally added some missing panels to mine today so here's how she looks

https://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s473/kebabage/IMG_5607_zps001d6a83.jpg

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:14 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Re: Honda City Fly CLR 125 Reply with quote

joe.staffs wrote:
Hello, I ride a Honda CLR, cousin of the XLR 125. These were only made from 98-03 and have a similar 4 stroke engine to the CG. They were produced with black, green or red panels. The idea was to make a hybrid between road and scrambler style of bike and I really like what they did! They almost top 70mph and can be fetched for around £700. I finally added some missing panels to mine today so here's how she looks

https://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s473/kebabage/IMG_5607_zps001d6a83.jpg

My 1st geared bike was the Cityfly.
It was awesome.

Don't suppose the reg is V352 ECB ?

joe.staffs
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:00 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, this one is an 03. How did you find your bike? I love mine but it's at that age where I'm finding maintenance issues. I've just had the starter motor repaired and next on the job list is to weld a new engine bracket on the frame (currently cracked) and sort out a blowing exhaust connection.
When I pass my test I hope to get a Hornet or bring to life my Dads 400four

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 21 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it for 800, used it for 2 or 3 yrs, replaced the pads twice, replaced the chain twice, fork seals twice, changed the oil twice, sold it for 500.

that was it.

covered a fair chunk of the country on it.

loved it

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:13 - 22 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had 2 now, no idea what it is about it but was my first bike. You are lucky to hit 60 really, but all round the freedom it gave was top notch. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick_ish
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:05 - 26 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an 01 ^_^ tops about 55 with me on it... lol
How much of a farce was it to mount your topbox btw? got one on the way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

joe.staffs
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:45 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top box was a cable tie job by. The official mounts are way too expensive yet I've seen the official top boxes go for £25 new. Mine are cheap 3rd party.
I've got a spare clr tank in good nick. I've stripped it today and plan on spraying it pearl white and sticking a honda wing decal on each side

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:46 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cityfly doesn't suit white, I'd definitely be keeping it rugged with its dark grey.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:50 - 31 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
The Cityfly doesn't suit white, I'd definitely be keeping it rugged with its dark grey.

Might suit this theme.

https://ww3.foundshit.com/pictures/cars/zombie-control.jpg

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 01 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, bin the top box, take the mirrors off, lose the indictaors, take the passenger pegs off, change the front mud guard, put some knobbly tyres on it and away you go Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1