Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mito 443

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:30 - 19 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I know, I've got a clutch window on the engine too but can't see that! Came with the engine cases when I bought them. Probably gonna use some fairly thick foam for the seat to keep up with the racey appearance.

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:24 - 25 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT'd and taxed today, was a fairly difficult ride there I'll be honest - I had the bars low and turned in to clear the fairing on full lock but it was excruciating so put them back where they wanna be and re shaped the nose cone a bit and it's totally different now, really not bad at all even for a big lummox like me. Engine wise it's dead rich so weakened it off and nipped out again about an hour ago and now it just pulls hard soon as I roll the throttle, night and day difference. Before it just stuttered like fuck then set off like a scalded cat. All ongoing development basically.

Popped round to my mates for a brew and a chat and he insisted on taking these little videos Smile you can hear how it's mega rich on partial throttle, much better now though.

I am running it in but it revs so fast it's hard to stop the fucker at times, id be lying if I said it hadn't been round the clock toward the end of the day. But only a couple of times. There's gonna be a fair bit of trial and error setting it up but it's already much better than it was this morning. The way it picks it's feet up is mental though, big grins.

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/yazza54/8AE192BB-0EFA-4F64-A93E-64D6D591F8B4_zpsadp37edn.jpg

https://youtu.be/dF1tlYjoobo

https://youtu.be/8GI9IyAzvH0

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:07 - 02 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having rode it the other weekend highlighted a few things needing some attention. As I've already mentioned I modified the fairing so I could move the clip ons back up, they fouled on full lock before - having rode it now it's infinitely more comfortable than it was last week.

Changed the chain adjuster bolts, the ones I had in were m8 but had a 10mm head, the mito adjuster blocks have a little recess and it pulled the head of the bolt into it so every time I adjusted it the fucking thing just went loose again so just put some normal m8 13mm head bolts in.

Another thing I noticed was it had leaked a bit of coolant, turned out when I fitted the clutch cover the o ring that goes on the tube that goes into the back of the water pump got damaged, so off that came, about 15 quid worth of gear oil dumped but at least it gave me a chance to check whether there was any crap in there, looked clean enough. New o ring, gear oil and full coolant change done.

The steering head bearings weren't torqued properly, re did that and now I can happily sit back and roll along none handed and it tracks dead straight.

Fuelling wise it's still rich and has to clear its throat a little bit much more rideable now, I don't want to lean it off any more until it's been on the dyno.

I rode to my mates and had no wrist or back ache at all, spot on. Did notice it felt a little vague front end, added a bit more rebound and it feels great now. It's so light it's telepathic. I'm really quite pleased with how it feels now, it's more confidence inspiring to ride than my Zx6 track bike.

Also considering it's still not set up properly it's now quite happy to roll on and whilst it's very brutal and rather sudden when it does come on the power, the mid range really ain't that bad and will only get better once the ignition is mapped and carbs are fully jetted.

Very happy, it feels like a different bike to last week.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 02 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! Thumbs Up Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear it's up and running with no major issues - looking forward to seeing it with the paintwork done.

Just one other thing......

GIS A GO MISTER! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:59 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike there, are you tracking it?

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:04 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Smile

Possibly but since I've got a track slag that owes me half what this does it puts me off somewhat. I'm looking forward to getting out on some of my favourite roads on it though.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:52 - 03 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fair enough then, can almost smell it from here Twisted Evil

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:03 - 07 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow

Can't wait to see the power graph... epic!

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:10 - 16 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing minor bits and bobs, tidying things etc. Had to do some more fairing mods as they were still fouling the kickstarter and on inspection the clutch cover was digging in the belly pan so made a little window..

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/yazza54/9EAC97BD-BCAD-455D-84B7-DDF4741D4047_zps83ikkcx7.jpg

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/yazza54/5459F413-7EB0-412C-81B3-2C48A81E8575_zpshwy404jh.jpg

Unfortunately the cans came a little loose so put some extra rivets in the end, can't tell but gotta be twice as sturdy. Also made a bracket to give the stingers some support as the last thing I want is the welds cracking from the spannies to the cans. It's a bloody long bracket but the seat will cover a fair bit of it when it's back on. It's now ready for the dyno next sat.

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/yazza54/2E5CB87B-4CB0-4596-9D48-8B2303D672D3_zps5boicohr.jpg

Also been playing with the carbs as I have a large flat spot with it being to weak mid range - I tried the needle that Martin @ mad biker uses in his older style TMX carbs and it ran fucking awful. I put that down to them not being compatible with my later style TMX carbs, I couldn't find a definitive answer whether they were interchangeable, even allens performance didn't really know. Then from chatting to allens performance I realised I was probably using a totally different needle jet, had a chat with Martin and it turned out that mine was waaaay bigger than his so it wasn't compatible with the needle. Changed those and it runs well, quite confident I have a base to work with on the dyno now. Bit of a mixed bag my dealings with allens - one of the blokes I spoke to basically said to me that if I didn't know exactly what jets I needed I may as well give up and get rid of the bike or buy loads of random needles to try even though I'd already said I'd tried a thinner one. Next time I got the older bloke and he said straight away you either need to stick with the needle you have and get a bigger needle jet or go with the needle you've been told works well and get the matching needle jet - very helpful and job done, on my door mat the next day.

As can be expected there have been some teething probs - the SV650 Gen 1 radiator doesn't really seem big enough, it's being blocked a fair bit by the big upside down forks and it looks like the front tyre has touched it, when I fitted the rad fan it had to be pushed out a little which has put it more in line with the front tyre, no good. Fortunately the Gen 2 SV650 rad will go straight on, is a bit shorter for more clearance and a fair bit wider, luckily I have width to play with. With a slightly smaller fan and that radiator I reckon I'm sorted. Shame but shit happens. Apart from that everything seems good, it rides nice but with the big flat spot I've had and bearing in mind I've been shaking it down I've not gone mad, but happy with where I'm at. Fairings are now off for paint and the bike is all ready for the carbs to be sorted and ignition mapped up.

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:32 - 16 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm pleased with the exhaust hanger I keep looking at it, have to see what it looks like with the seat back on. Not much other options for mounting points and id be happier with it fitted. Needs some shape or something.

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:46 - 16 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yazza54 wrote:
Can't say I'm pleased with the exhaust hanger I keep looking at it, have to see what it looks like with the seat back on. Not much other options for mounting points and id be happier with it fitted. Needs some shape or something.

Must admit, I keep looking at it myself! Smile

I think, as you say, the tail fairing needs to be back on to see just how much is visible and take it from there.

Once you know how much will be showing it will be easier to come up with a design of something permanent if need be. I agree that it will probably look better with a little shape to it, I think a 'V' shape rather than the single band will likely look better and if it's done in a bit of polished aluminium or similar it should look like it's meant to be there and not stand out so much.

Main thing for now is that what you have is functional, not worth risking any damage to those spannies for the sake of minor aesthetics Thumbs Up
Previous bikes - 1986 DT125R (field bike), 1989 KX250, 1980 KX420 (with 500cc big bore), 1992 YZ250, 1988 KX500, 1989 XR250R, 1988 VFR400R NC24, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 2008 Rieju RS2 50 , 1993 Honda NSR 125

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 16 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might look less obtrusive if you fabricate an L shaped bracket further back on the subframe, projecting forward and down to the exhaust bracket.

Edit: Or maybe 2 straps on the cans to a short bracket.

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:10 - 17 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_James wrote:
Yazza54 wrote:

Must admit, I keep looking at it myself! Smile

I think, as you say, the tail fairing needs to be back on to see just how much is visible and take it from there.

Once you know how much will be showing it will be easier to come up with a design of something permanent if need be. I agree that it will probably look better with a little shape to it, I think a 'V' shape rather than the single band will likely look better and if it's done in a bit of polished aluminium or similar it should look like it's meant to be there and not stand out so much.

Main thing for now is that what you have is functional, not worth risking any damage to those spannies for the sake of minor aesthetics Thumbs Up

Had another look at the bike and tbh the exhaust hanger doesn't look bad in the flesh, there is a bit of shape to it where I've folded it round the pipes and kinked in the middle just can't really tell from the pic. Plus with the seat hiding about 4 inches of it I'm sure it'll look totally different. One things certain, it's made a massive difference to the quality of fit on the pipes so you're right it's certainly functional.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 17 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be making good long vids of the Dyno session though wont you!? Laughing

And also because of you I might also be having to stay up all night soon polishing a sexy pregnant snake shape stainless steel part too before ruining it with lots of hot cream again! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:56 - 17 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha you dirty boy

Will take a decent camera for some vids yeah Smile looking forward to seeing what it does on the dyno once set up, also slightly apprehensive but should be fine it's no worse than giving it a spanking on the road really.

It already feels very powerful but with the fuelling and ignition way off I'm sure there's plenty of potential to be unlocked!

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:17 - 22 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on the way home from John Warrington motorcycles, Dave and John were great, very helpful and more than happy to explain the whole process not just bang jets in get it somewhere near and take your money kinda guys, true gents and highly recommended.

They did as well as they could with the selection of carb parts I took (one needle oops). It needs more fine tuning and ignition mapping, it wasn't really responding when Dave tried to add some advance to get the flat spot gone as the fuelling was too rich mid range so he decided to just put it on a flat map.

It still made 109hp at the wheel @ 9469 rpm and 61ftlb at 9227

Starts to sign off after 9500 just as kenny from TSA said it would.

Massive potential and not a bad starting point Smile

Will post a vid later

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:02 - 22 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/ofuaM8ygd48

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 22 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that you hooked up with John for your dyno testing. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone so willing and enthusiastic when it comes to an unusual project.

He's also quite mad Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's a bit of a weapon.

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.

Yazza54
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:15 - 23 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another of me rolling through the gears only up to about 8k

https://youtu.be/1bSypLcclvg

We had to put 4 straps on for the power runs as it was looking like wanting to climb off the dyno and it spun up a few times.

Last edited by Yazza54 on 08:39 - 23 Aug 2015; edited 1 time in total

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:28 - 23 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome project, good to see it coming to fruition.

Scootaloo
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:37 - 24 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

On board vid! 0 to 100
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:57 - 24 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yazza54 wrote:
https://youtu.be/1bSypLcclvg

Shocked

Errr.... very very please may I have a go??? Laughing

Awesome! Do want! You bastid Thumbs Up
Previous bikes - 1986 DT125R (field bike), 1989 KX250, 1980 KX420 (with 500cc big bore), 1992 YZ250, 1988 KX500, 1989 XR250R, 1988 VFR400R NC24, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 2008 Rieju RS2 50 , 1993 Honda NSR 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6