Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

so I got paint done at last

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:22 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: so I got paint done at last Reply with quote

Photo is not amazing, will take more as soon as I can get out on the bike in the dry, but all the body panels are the same colour red!
https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_141.jpg

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking scooter

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 13:46 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Re: so I got paint done at last Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
...all the body panels are the same colour red!
https://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/image_141.jpg

It's missing tassles and has way, way too little chrome. Plus it's out in the wet/rain. So not a real cruiser then. What were you thinking? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain? that's not rain, that's fine South Yorkshire sunshine.

You can't easily wrap tassels in waterprover overtassels to keep the fine sunshine off of them.

And i'm not an emascualted office worker trying to make a statement of badassery by adding leather pom-poms and shiny bits like a cheerleader in a fetish club.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:01 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Honda, you should buy that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 23 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks too dull with not enough shine or depth to me!

Is that a stock colour? seeing as there's not much bodywork/tank on it, I really think it needs a brighter colour to offset all the chrome work IMO.

Yellow, bright red, burnt orange etc would all be better than red oxide primer look! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 24 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the paint suppliers attempt to match stock. Not quite a match. I was going to say try again on those facts but then I saw the test piece out in the sun. Fenders have been that colour since feb, this was a repair on the rear fender, and paint and vinyl to the tank, and painting the rear fender insert to match.

Busa1340R
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 24 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it wasn't what was left over from spraying the TAXI in the background?😂
Current: 2010 Suzuki GSX1340R Hayabusa, 2013 Yamaha YP250R X-Max Sport - Previous: Triumph Sprint ST1050ABS, Honda XL600V Transalp, Honda NT650V Dullsville (don't ask!), Kawasaki ZX9R E1, Honda NX650 Dominator, Suzuki GSX1300RKZ Hayabusa, Honda CBR1000FM, Kawasaki GPZ500S, etc etc

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:33 - 24 Oct 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed it's possible to make a shite bike look even worse just by adding a top-box.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1