Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I need a red powerband. (and a new big end)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 02 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
The issue with the std carb being restrictive is an interesting one, and I can see Evoboy's point and reasoning why a good kit is held back by a small carb.

The SF100 engine is very poor for any kind of tuning work. A basic 70cc kit would out perform it or be pretty much on par. A stock Piaggio AC lump de-restricted would be just as quick even in 50cc guise. But most of those use a 17.5mm carb instead of the 12mm that alot of the Minarelli base motors use.

Considering a 70cc HPR kit can manage 16-17bhp it is all about the porting in the barrel not always the overall CC's.

Considering the stock engine makes on a good day, about 4bhp and Iains is capable of 13-15bhp its 3 times the power output. It will also rev and make power at around 12k where the stock engine makes it at about 6k.

I ran one of the Stickyparts 21mm carbs from Adrenalin. Its a copy of a Dellorto and was good quality. It fitted the stock manifold on my NRG, but that runs a 17.5mm standard. What carb does yours currently have?

APT Motorcycles

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:41 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your super ped makes me query the Jog I now have and what can be done to it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:21 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently managing 14.6mpg. Shocked

evoboy wrote:
What carb does yours currently have?

Currently a factory chinese carb.

Incoming however is a load of goodies from pedparts as we now have an account with them. Fancy reeds, fancy reedblock, big carb, manual choke conversion and an adjustable clutch. Twisted Evil

Paddy. wrote:
Your super ped makes me query the Jog I now have and what can be done to it Laughing

Literally all the parts on my bike will fit directly to your bike. Every single one of them. My crank came out with JOG 50 stamped on the conrod Laughing

If you have it apart I have some carbon reeds, stiffer clutch springs and some rollers that'll fit straight in it. Won't make a great deal of difference, but it'll be noticeable. Thumbs Up

mudcow007 wrote:
like fat burds scooters are cool up until your mates see you on one.

Much piss ripping occured till a mate found he couldn't shake me on a brand new street triple coming through town. He seemed quite confused when I came flying up the inside of him at 50+ mph through stationary traffic. Can get lots more lean with the centrestand junked...he's now buying a ped too! Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:24 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the fact it does less than 15mpg! That's epic! Thumbs Up Very Happy
Previous bikes - 1986 DT125R (field bike), 1989 KX250, 1980 KX420 (with 500cc big bore), 1992 YZ250, 1988 KX500, 1989 XR250R, 1988 VFR400R NC24, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 2008 Rieju RS2 50 , 1993 Honda NSR 125

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:02 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_James wrote:
I just love the fact it does less than 15mpg! That's epic! Thumbs Up Very Happy

Its quite amusing till you realise it has a four litre tank.

I therefore have a tank range from brimmed to totally dry of around 11.5 miles, however for the last mile or so the fuel pressure drops so it starts spluttering and running like a bag of shit, thus oil starving the engine.

So probbably a safe range of around 10 miles. Embarassed

I'm going to twin tank it, fitting a 2nd tank into the underseat storage. Ought to be able to get at least five litres in there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate had a Sunnis that was like that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 03 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should do far better than 14mpg.

Are you sure its jetted correctly?

I could manage 100miles to a tank on the NEOS, the NRG would last a practice evening on half a tank too.

Carb is crap. Probably the reason why. Laughing

APT Motorcycles

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:44 - 04 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carb came so spent a while prepping it. Got it a lot cheaper by not buying as a carb kit.Fitted a Stage 6 manual cable choke, sized all the hosing correctly so it's all ready to just slot in.

https://i.imgur.com/uTpqCVU.jpg

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:08 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no throttle wheelies. Clutch engagement is now at 6k, which is better but I really need it at 8 or 9k. Need heavier springs in it.

Also having issues with fuelling under about 7500rpm...however I'm beginning to question if a lot of this is due to the poorly sealing reed block. Replacement aftermarket one is on order.

https://i.imgur.com/Vxrq6mN.jpg

I r too tired to think, and drilled the hole for the manual choke in a derp place as a result.

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still running the vacuum fuel tap?

APT Motorcycles

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:03 - 06 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

evoboy wrote:

Yup, but surely if there was an issue there I'd develop fuelling issues at full throttle/high loads due to poor flow?

Have ordered a load of idle jets, a few more mains to aid accurate setup, some quality oil & a clutch spring set. It's 90% of the way there, it's a very fast ped - just I know theres more potential there & I'm determined to squeeze every last bit out of it Laughing

gavcarter
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:52 - 06 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
evoboy wrote:

Yup, but surely if there was an issue there I'd develop fuelling issues at full throttle/high loads due to poor flow?

if its gone a bit stiff ( gunked up), then maybe only high revs has enough vacuum pressue to open it fully?
Just a thought....

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has made me start looking at mopeds on eBay.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

I want a b-whizz!

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

I want a b-whizz!

Me too! I'd love to have my old one back. It's not been M.O.Ted since May 2010 so I imagine it's gone to motorcycle heaven now Crying or Very sad

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
evoboy wrote:

For some reason, I found that the flow rate was not enough.

The engine would run and rev fine, but, it would only rev up to a certain point where it would just stop. Almost like a rev limiter. Remember that it isnt possible to over rev a scooter without changing the gearbox settings, or running out of variator travel. You have very little actual control over how the engine revs via your right hand. You use full throttle to accelerate, then back off to maintain speed.

It is possible that the flow is not enough on your scoot with the setup you are running which isnt letting it rev higher.

Almost makes me want to build another stupid powerplant for one and road register it this time....

APT Motorcycles

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:05 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

evoboy wrote:
Almost makes me want to build another stupid powerplant for one and road register it this time....

Do it.

Interesting about the fuel flow issue. I did switch over to a larger diameter line to suit the bigger carb, but I diddn't swap the tap out.

Will sort the issue with the reeds out, piss about getting this idle jetting correct and clutch setup done. If I've not fixed it then we'll swap the tap out, however I suspect at that point the limiting factor on this motor is going to be my exhaust which is designed for a standard/mild cylinder. Reallly need to swap it out for a Stage 6 pipe which is about the most revvy thing I can buy that'll fit.

Might try Ebay for used Aerox/Jog pipes though. Might be able to alter those to fit and save some ££

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:17 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://chapmanic.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/borat_great_success-320x229.jpg

Had cracked a reed on the bottom. New block has sorted it, got it running very nicely at the moment on a baseline setup of a 94 main.

https://i.imgur.com/wAFvJ1s.jpg

Needs fine tuning, need to go lighter on the rollers, heavier on the clutch, the idle jet is still wrong completely (lean I suspect as the revs are hanging a little), but it's very much rideable as is.

https://i.imgur.com/7trVOQy.jpg

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 11 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you two got a suggestion of some resources for tuning two strokes? All this talk of super-peds is making me want to hurry up and get going on the old Honda. I just want to start with some basic stuff and then go from there. Judging from some folk in AUstralia a H100 engine makes a good starter base. Laughing
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:11 - 12 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/7GZ4I62.jpg

Fitted heavier springs and junked the clutch weights. Clutch engagement is now at 6.5-7k. Im going to lighten the shoes to get it to rev higher. It's very useable as it is, but I want it to do stupid throttle wheelies. I need an 8-9k engagement for this.

I tried 5.5gr, 4gr and 3.2gr rollers. Best was 3x 4gr, and 3x 3.2gr. Great sucess. Variator is...dare I say it, perfect.

Carb is suffering fuel flow, or jetting issues on the main. I've gotta play with it lots tomorrow, but progress.

Still can't fix the fecking fuel gauge though & theres an intermittent starting fault cured by stamping on the left footboard towards the front.

H100 engine is very tuneable if you know how to port a standard cylinder. If not? You're fucked. Bolt on pipes and stuff seem to make them almost unuseable. CB1 on here is the guy to ask about extracting the best from the motor using stuff availible in the UK Thumbs Up

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:22 - 12 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the clutch come with 2 sets of springs?

The PM tuning one I bought had red and blue springs. Red being the stiffest.

APT Motorcycles

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:08 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drilled the clutch, fitted heaviest springs. Now goes pretty well!

Ran a 68mph pass through the medway tunnel. 2mph off where I need to be Laughing

If anyone does like the look of this and wants it for themselves, or has a 16 year old relative who'd like to make his mates look very foolish for laughing about "dems chinese import fings" then can be purchased here;

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/70cc-ped-registered-as-50cc-68mph-bike-like-zip-nrg-runner-sr50-aerox-neos-jog-piaggio/1100641119

£600 takes it Laughing Thumbs Up

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:35 - 20 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be more development left in this project yet.

The Jog and the Aerox share the same base gasket.

Theoreticly, I could then bolt a liquid cooled Aerox top end onto my air cooled chinese motor, run an electric water pump and ditch the heavy fan and such to free up more power. Finding space for a pair of motocross radiators ought to be fun...

Hmm. Thinking

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 20 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread keeps making me want to sell my 4T ped and buy a 2T.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:27 - 20 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
This thread keeps making me want to sell my 4T ped and buy a 2T.

This thread makes us all want to buy a 2T pd and rag the shit out of it...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7