Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I need a red powerband. (and a new big end)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic : View next topic  

speedy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:15 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

boost bottle is for nothing more than it looks cool. what kit are you going with?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:34 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedy wrote:
boost bottle is for nothing more than it looks cool.

Yamaha's two stroke enginers went to the expense of fitting a plain black one hidden from view on the DT125's and several other two stroke models right the way through as far as the 2006 DT125RE (Part number 12 pictured below)

https://static.motorcyclespareparts.eu/catalog2015/yamaha/motorcycles/CE_9233_1.JPG

Part no: 3ET-13581-00

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/KRsAAOSwF1dUNTCa/$_35.JPG

But...if you reckon it's purely for looks Wink

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1445/stage6-racing-mkii-70cc-12mm-chinese

That's the cylinder - the port work looks incredibly agressive especially the exhaust in comparison to the Athena cylinder. I'll take some comparison photos but I'm very hopeful about power gains! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:57 - 10 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEIS

Had it on my RXS Cool

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:41 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a week off being all ill and crippled up in bed and stuff.

To celebrate my newfound wellness I purchased a 30mm flatslide.

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/products/RAW/Stage6_RT_Mk_II_PWK_Racing_Carburettor.jpg

I think the best thing I can do is to get this thing on a dyno to get the fuelling set up as this ought to produce the upper end of what this cylinders capable of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:58 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those boost bottles do make a difference, well removing them does, tried it on my mates rxs 100, blanked it off and it killed the performance, tried different sizes too and that was no good either.

I guess they must be matched to cylinder size or jetting etc?

I do love this project though, must be a good laugh beating the ped bois at there own game with a bloody chinky bike of all things haha

What does it weigh? I know a lot of the chinese bikes are very heavy in comparison to the jap stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 17 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased an Aprilia Rally for £50.

Minarelli AC engine.

Watch this space....

Laughing

APT Motorcycles

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:35 - 18 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Cool

Engine came out last night, new top end was fitted, new manifolds fitted and all back in without any major hassle. Popped the 21mm carb back on to check it'd fire and it runs with no greif, I'll be fitting the giant carb tonight, swapping rollers and removing the clutch weights to get the latest possible engagement.

Should be good, it certainly felt stronger from the two second blast up the ramp I gave it - shame the phone had died because the port work on the Stage 6 cylinder is insane compared to the Athena cylinder i was running. Here's a google pic of the same cylinder;

https://img34.olx.pl/images_tablicapl/195950513_3_644x461_cylinder-stage6-racing-mk2-minarelli-12mm-port-ac-czesci-motocyklowe.jpg

Shocked

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 03:00 - 19 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...it starts. And runs.

https://i.imgur.com/rVgD4gS.jpg

https://youtu.be/Uoe871JcQYo

Load of used ped go faster bits listed in the for sale section if anyones interested in the old setup or bits of it.

Need to tweak transmission tomorrow and try and get it booked in at Slipstream to get the fuelling set up.

Can't wait to ride it. Laughing

Triumph1300
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 26 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ands what's happened then?

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:01 - 26 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger all.

The boxes of jets havent showed up, i need the fuelling at least in the ballpark so I can run it in. Needs running in before I can run the rollers light enough to get the engine onto the power & the rollers have to be right before I can dial the clutch in.

I've been out and fired it up once a week, but thats about it.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 02:05 - 30 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets arrived.

Diddnt jet it.

Had some hot ladyfreind over and nearly wheelied it into the side of my own car showing off.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:21 - 30 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
Me mam popped round to give me some home cooked hot cross buns, y'know cos it's easter n all that soon.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:30 - 30 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot cross buns would have been infinately preferable to being woken up to lip gloss bouncing off my forehead.

I will get this thing sorted as soon as the RF is working.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:26 - 01 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetted it last night.

Seems to run best on either a 132-135 main jet. Saw 73mph on the speedo which has proven itself fairly accurate so far.

Crosswinds seem to fuck up the fuelling, so I'm considering fitting an air filter/airbox of some description. Midrange fuelling is a bit iffy, rollers are holding the engine at 9k when it doesn't make any power under around 10-11k.

Could probbably do with tracking down a gearup kit for it at this point, but y'know. Monies.
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:12 - 17 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newfound powers have caused the final drive/gearbox to shit itself.

Suspect a bearings partially failed as I'm down on top speed slightly (2-5mph) & have oil pissing out all over. Laughing

If anyones got part number S6-2019501P kicking about or knows a UK supplier I'd be most grateful. Meantime I've ordered a set of seals, a gearbox gasket, the air filter that'll hopefully solve my weird fuelling issues & a CDI unit with a different timing curve on it as the original unit isn't really designed to operate past about 8,000 rpm and the motor idles around 1500-2000, the clutch doesn't engage till 7,500 and once its rolling the revs are up over 10,000rpm Thumbs Up

Plan is now to fix gearbox, fit filter, check fuelling, and whack some even lighter rollers in it to see what happens. I'm also going to take a file to the inlet manifold and port it a bit as theres a good 2mm step on the manifold thats not going to do it any favours. Pics as soon as I can get it on the bench.

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:39 - 20 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDI diddn't work.

Seemed to rev limit or detonate like fuck at about 9k. Very strange, need to call pedparts technical and find out whats up with that. Soon as the old unit was plugged back in, no problems. Filter fitted, however needed more body & frame mods to make it fit in the form of me hacksawing the pillion footrest and part of the bellypan completely off.

https://i.imgur.com/Ovc2Mg0.jpg

Needs the transmission seals replacing and then a final max speed run before sale, assuming I actually get any bids from one of the 22 watchers Laughing

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:34 - 23 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gearbox is done;

https://i.imgur.com/6RPS75T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lLF6eOF.jpg

Changed the output shaft bearing as there was a little play in it.

Oh well, it's got bids now...few days left so will likely take it out Friday night and have a last run.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-SR50-REPLICA-Registered-as-50cc-70cc-Stage-6-race-engine-fitted-70mph-/271842122612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4b0d9b74
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7