Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I need a red powerband. (and a new big end)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 ped get's rekt by Iain.
_Iain_ This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be more than happy with a real 48mph on the flat from a Chinq 50cc! Thumbs Up

You might find a fraction more speed or acceleration with the aftermarket variator especially if it has a greater range of gearing than the std one has.

Getting clutch's to bite at high enough rev's seems to be a common problem. I found changing springs on the Speedfight made probably no more than 200-250rpm difference to engagement, where really I wanted another 1500rpm or so before moving away.

Those adjustable race clutches seem to be the way to go for this, and they don't rely on changing springs to set them up for different engagement speeds AFAIK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its any good, I think I still have a race clutch left over from the NRG build. Itll fit the Chinky motor and weighs about half of the standard one. It is set to engage at fairly high RPM mind!

APT Motorcycles

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:43 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just helped me load a Jog R into my car...so will likely be copying Iain here with mods etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
He's just helped me load a Jog R into my car...so will likely be copying Iain here with mods etc.

Is the R water cooled?

If it is, it will be a far better base for tuning.

Quote:
Sounds amazing! How much do you want

PM sent.

APT Motorcycles

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:43 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving this build, properly ace! Its amazing what you can do with these things - I kinda question how long it will last but I'm learning a fair bit here!

out of interest, what app is that posted above?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:

out of interest, what app is that posted above?

Diablo Super Biker

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:29 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah just the R, the RR is water cooled Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:56 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am really looking forward to the next bbq....

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 29 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Laughing
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.

UnspeedySam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 29 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chinese aren't known for over engineering engines, so I was wondering at what point this would happen. Can't be too bad a job to rebuild with components that aren't made of cheese though?

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened? Top end eat itself?

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its pretty safe to say thats fucked

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 01 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Athena HP Kit is very good for the money. The HPR is probably too much for that bike. I raced the NRG against pitbikes and it was pretty pointless as it just pulled big power wheelies everytime you got on the throttle. ( If you let go of the throttle, the gearbox 'gears down' so as soon as you get back on it, your in a lower gear and the front is back up in the air Laughing )

But I thought the HP kit was also single ring piston, just with less aggressive porting? Also make sure you read the instructions on setting the 'squish clearance' exactly as it is vital its done correctly. Also it would definatly be worth matching the ports on the crankcases to the ports on the cylinder.

I ran one of these cranks in the NRG.

https://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p-SLine_Evolution_crankshaft_for_Yamaha_Aerox_50_Jog_R_Neos_2t-6281.aspx

For the money I was very impressed with the quality.

I do also still have an Italkit Seletretta Inner rotor ignition kit which made the engine rev up like a motocross bike. Laughing But the backplate is for a Piaggio LC engine.

APT Motorcycles

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:13 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:

Around 45mins later my coffee table looked like this;

https://i.imgur.com/hJRMS0e.jpg

Is that a quilted divider behind the coffee table?

What happens behind there? Thinking Laughing

Just_James
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:21 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Iain_ wrote:

We have single glazed windows and all electric heating which costs a fortune to run - I improvised a solution and covered most of the windows with old duvets, it does work really well and saves us around £10 a week over winter Mr. Green

Ahhh I see Very Happy
This stuff works well Wink https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360734139072?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Loving the thread, have never had a ped so had no idea about the rollers and variator etc. Interesting stuff Thumbs Up

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 04 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit Son! Why's Iain banned?
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7