Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New bikes from Sinnis

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:24 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: New bikes from Sinnis Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Hope you dont mind me posting in here? Just after some feedback on our new machines from Sinnis.

Retrostar 250cc - Carb fed and loads of punch. The test rider in the pic liked it so much he bought one! Cant have better feedback than that.

please note Im just after feedback on here and Im not trying to advertise (hence not mentioning price etc). On a previous thread I was asked to show pics of this bike, so I thought it was ok to post some up here

What do you think ?

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/Retrostar250_DSC0110_zpscb60fed3.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/Retrostar250_DSC0108_zps923291a4.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0044_zps0ad91d33.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0066_zps55fc75a3.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0021_zps7fa48704.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0039_zpsf35876ae.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0010_zps426657ae.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0009_zps08521186.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/retrostar250_DSC0015_zpsf9a5091b.jpg

https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/MikeSinnis/Retrostar250_DSC0115_zpsa79483ea.jpg

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a nice looking little bike, not bad for the price.

Website specs say rear drum but the pics deffo show a rear disc?

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:17 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted - getting that updated now

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that'd sell pretty well in Berlin. Loads of people here wanting style and not substance. I'm not saying that it doesn't have substance but I'd be going for something like a Triumph or a Kwak W650 if I was after that sort of bike.

I will import them to Germany, I can be paid in bikes Wink

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

KLR600 wrote:
I reckon that'd sell pretty well in Berlin

Is the bearded hipster retro biker thing going on over there then?

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:30 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new pictures of the SP 125?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Boxing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are Sinnis bikes made?

All the companies are getting into the 250 market now (In the UK market.)

Also I want to see an improvement in the ignition systems and electrics. I'm seeing countless Sinnis bikes being posted around the stolen pages on FaceBook by owners looking for their bikes. Nearly all under a year or just over as well. They have a inferior ignition wiring behind the ignition barrel. I won't elaborate any further, but two wires and they're gone. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Boxing on 11:44 - 13 Jan 2015; edited 2 times in total

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:35 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see an upswept exhuast, like this;

https://www.triumphperformanceusa.com/images/533-24.jpg

But that's just a personal styling thing.

What would stop me buying this?

Nothing protecting the fork legs & being chinese the coating simply isn't going to be as strong as a premium bike that'd still stuffer the same issues if the legs were that exposed.

Few stones in winter ought to see em looking like this;

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AB8dnb7C7fk/UFJN_FLV-YI/AAAAAAAABA4/Iw12Sqa_dG8/s1600/P1040335.JPG

Lack of protectors was a known issue on the Dukes USD front end when converting to an EXC headlight.

Put RWU forks on it with gaiters & you're onto a winner. The brackets on the bottom of the USD's also look really fugly and don't fit with that mudguard at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:43 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are coated well to be honest. That looks like the sort of rusting on older chinese bikes that were around 5 years ago. Some importers still sell them as the quality is cheap, and there-fore the price is cheap. We dont

That exhaust is very nice indeed

Iain.
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:38 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
These are coated well to be honest.

I'd be inclined to agree, however it still doesn't change the fact that if stone chips will destroy a pair of WP forks on a KTM that those forks stand absolutely no chance on UK roads Laughing

Look at any other bike with USD forks, the legs are all protected to stop that from happening...usually by the mudguard.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/USD_Fork.jpg

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: New bikes from Sinnis Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
some interesting stuff]

Hmm? looks quite nice
Please tell me that is bigger than the 125 and not just a 250 engine in the 125 frame?

Some of us are not midgets and need a bike that is not made by 4ft dwarfs for 4ft dwarfs Smile

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt B wrote:
Is the bearded hipster retro biker thing going on over there then?

Yup it's in full swing over here. I like looking at the bikes parked in the street but the hipsters riding them do my head in.

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - looks really good. I'd consider a 250 engine in a 125 frame a positive selling point, but then I'm fairly tiny myself.

It's nice to see this class of bike being given some more attention these days. One problem - bikes like this appeal to the parsimonious, who are likely to compare the (new) price with that of secondhand machines and as a consequence end up buying the latter. That said, you've managed to keep the price not too far above that of a 125 (indeed, quite a bit below the price of a Jap 125), plus the rise in price of half-decent secondhand bikes over the past few years is making new machines seem like increasingly good value. I genuinely hope it does well so I can buy a 2nd hand one for half the price in a few years' time.

Is the engine a GN250-derived lump? What sort of power output does it have, and what sort of top speed/cruising does that translate into? Another thing that baffles me - how do Chinese bike manufacturers seem to be able to get carb-fed, air-cooled motors to pass Euro 3, when all the Japanese manufacturers seem to have gone over to fuel injection and/or water cooling? I'd also be interested to know how you're are going to be affected by Euro 4, which comes into force in only 1-2 years' time now.

The only real negative comment I would make is also in respect of the forks. Picky, I know, but RWU forks with gaitors (like your 125 Retrostar machine) would suit the look better, plus eliminate the potential issue of rusting chrome. Not keen on the blue anodised fuel cap either!

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:08 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rider is 6'3" and 18 stone - definitely no HIPSTER MATIC. He wear trousers that fit his arse and he does not wear knitted jumpers - therefore no hipster

(I should know as its me haha)

Bike is bigger all round that a 125 frame. Designed specifically for 250 engine.

The fuel cap blue is just a protective cover that you take off when you buy the bike - its like a tape to stope any damage in transit.

Ive just come back from being out on it in the hail - nice timing. I am getting 80+ with absolute ease. And its real pokey 2nd gear up too. I think Im slightly in love with it. Engine is GS based

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the look of that, £2200 is a good price - I've ripped that from your website because no doubt there'll be others who want to know the price. A claimed 20 horsepower sounds good too!

You should ride yours lots this winter to see how the USDs fight our awful winters and you could be onto a winner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's a really expensive gn250 then?

Might as well get a jap import tu250 if that's the thing you're after.

MikeSinnis
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:27 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no warranty or back up thats second hand

Plus the fact the Tu looks terrible

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
With no warranty or back up thats second hand

Plus the fact the Tu looks terrible

Looks pretty similar to the Sinnis tbh.

Oh noes, no warranty. They look awful complex to maintain!

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/suzuki-history/2002/2002_grasstracker_ow_450.jpg

Get one on eBay for 2-3 large if that's your thing. Personally I'd spend that on two bikes but each to their own.

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: New bikes from Sinnis Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
The test rider in the pic liked it so much he bought one! Cant have better feedback than that.

Quote:
(I should know as its me haha)

Rolling Eyes

It looks ok.

Still not completely sold on it for the same reasons as garth has put.

APT Motorcycles

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:49 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Re: New bikes from Sinnis Reply with quote

Hipster bike with hipster beard poking out from under helmet.
Not wearing riding kit appropriate for fun riding.
Rider does look a bit fat to be a hipster, to be fair - not sure if they come in 'overweight'?

Why would anyone buy the bike apart from for hipster reasons?

[edit]I see it's you. So, that's really rather poor feedback on the bike, then.[/edit]

The tyres look like winter tyres?
Interested to know how well they perform in adverse conditions?
What about in hot summer conditions?

As you're making a thing about the warranty, what independent backup do you have to offer customers peace of mind that the warranty will actual last and be useful?
(Also, what sort of paper is it printed on, so we can gain an idea of the value of it, if you don't offer the above?)

KLR600
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeSinnis wrote:
That rider is 6'3" and 18 stone - definitely no HIPSTER MATIC. He wear trousers that fit his arse and he does not wear knitted jumpers - therefore no hipster

It wasn't a pop at you but whatever.

I would be interested to know if you can get them TÜV approved for sale in Germany though. I wouldn't buy one but I haven't seen much Chinese machinery over here (not that I've looked) so wonder if it would pass muster. Small CC bikes are very popular over here owing to cheap tax (free if under 125cc and 11kW) and cheap insurance so I imagine someone could clean up importing small bikes like that here. Saying that, the Germans like their German things so I don't know how it would go.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 13 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple, classic look, good value. Something about uncomplicated bikes, particularly lightweight ones, that I like.

I do miss that feeling of floating on air that a 117kg bike brings.

This is a bit heavier, but not much and you get to keep up with most traffic. Yes, I like it. Photos were pretty good too.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 17 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
https://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/suzuki-history/2002/2002_grasstracker_ow_450.jpg

Get one on eBay for 2-3 large if that's your thing..

I`ve seen one of those in the flesh.
Built for 4ft midgets by 4ft midgets Crying or Very sad

Why oh why! do manufacturers have to make their bike soooooo tiny! ?

EDIT : no I don`t want a trials bike.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 17 Jan 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain. wrote:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/USD_Fork.jpg

/thread hijack

Never saw a front brake set up like that before, looks like some major stopping power right there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2