Upgrade time for me

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Nice toy, though I think I would have kept the triple. You are kicking the arse out of ignoring A2 restrictions a bit! Laughing

Didn't read the first line of text? Razz

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
does it really handle better?
I rode my mates GSXF, a different bike I know but that handled like a barge in comparison.

I rode a gn125 and handling wasn't as good as the triumph. Not sure what it has to do with a gsx-r though

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
Nice toy, though I think I would have kept the triple. You are kicking the arse out of ignoring A2 restrictions a bit! Laughing

Didn't read the first line of text? Razz

Yeah but I remember your introductory thread in summer 2014 telling us you were 22 and then went on to do your A2 test.....

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Yeah but I remember your introductory thread in summer 2014 telling us you were 22 and then went on to do your A2 test.....

That's correct, and I'm flattered Razz. But a licence arrived in the post with "A" on the back a few weeks ago.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 06 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Didn't realise it was the 1000

Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't know whether it was the 600 or 1000 Thumbs Up

Either bike could be considered an upgrade from the other. I would say the GSXR is probably the more sensible/practical of the two and I personally would probably rather that than the Street Triple if it was going to be my every day bike.

However, I would definitely rather have both. I actually think if I could have any bike as an every day bike and any other as a weekend hooning bike, these two may well be my choices.

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Monty- wrote:
Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't know whether it was the 600 or 1000 Thumbs Up

Either bike could be considered an upgrade from the other. I would say the GSXR is probably the more sensible/practical of the two and I personally would probably rather that than the Street Triple if it was going to be my every day bike.

However, I would definitely rather have both. I actually think if I could have any bike as an every day bike and any other as a weekend hooning bike, these two may well be my choices.

The Street Triple was great, especially the way the back end was set up, you could just pile bags on it to carry tons of stuff. I got £110 worth of shopping from Tesco home on it once. Very practical.

My main worry is commuting on the new bike, I don't fancy leaving it out on the on-street parking...

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 bike stolen from outside work on pavement Laughing

Wouldn't want to commute on that, well, it's not the commute, more leaving it at the end all day. Please tell me you don't work in London?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:
a licence arrived in the post with "A" on the back a few weeks ago.

Laughing 6 months after getting an A2 at 22 years old? Sure it's not for a trike?

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Albigularis wrote:
a licence arrived in the post with "A" on the back a few weeks ago.

Laughing 6 months after getting an A2 at 22 years old? Sure it's not for a trike?

Yeah, full A entitlement, not for a trike. I had to get my licence updated and it was updated incorrectly... Used the online checker and it's been updated on there as full A as well.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:53 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you and when did you pass your A2...? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
My point is he said he wanted something faster.

I'd like to see side by side how much faster he is on this.

Slow rider on a fast bike will very likely be faster than slow rider on a slow bike Razz

OP, nice new bike Thumbs Up

-Monty- wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
Didn't realise it was the 1000

That's the problem with GSXR, they all look the same to me. A bit like faces of Asian people look the same. I cannot tell the difference.

Last edited by Musketeer on 23:26 - 07 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 07 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
How old are you and when did you pass your A2...? Laughing

August last year, but I had some involvement with the DVLA over my failed A2 road rides about 5 years ago. Some errors have obviously been put through and I'm now on full A after calling with an unusual enquiry and getting a new licence sent out with an address change. I'm 23. Definitely not complaining.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:40 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call that extremely lucky and would have bought lottery tickets, lots of them Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of back of licence Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 08 Feb 2015    Post subject: Re: Upgrade time for me Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:
Re: Upgrade time for me.

https://i.imgur.com/GnoKrZB.jpg

Hurrah, at long last someone who made their own decision about what bike next rather than going for BCF opinion. Good job too, as I too would have been another vote against the Suzuki.

No real reason other than I don't do 'face-down bum-up' style riding. Wink Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2