Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A few pics of my previous bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

eddypeck
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 20 Feb 2015    Post subject: A few pics of my previous bikes Reply with quote

Starting with the most recent, some of mine from the past...

https://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/eddypeck/ZX-9r/zx9r_zps867820f1.jpg

https://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/eddypeck/zx7r/DSC00210.jpg

https://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/eddypeck/fzr/P3030008.jpg

https://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/eddypeck/Cars/1931015_32513851705_987_n_zps1b9efb21.jpg

I sold the 9r a few months back and currently trying to work out what to replace it with.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the FZR Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 21 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame we can't all do this, and or have pics of all our old bikes.

Reminising about the back in the day era is pretty awesome, especially in biking as though I say it a lot the good days and best times/era's in being there and being a biker are long gone!

I'm not sure how I feel for all the 17-22year olds on BCF, as they will have never know anything different to the here and now, but they might just be getting on with it and enjoying the today's scene anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

paintpot
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:29 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Reminising about the back in the day era is pretty awesome, especially in biking as though I say it a lot the good days and best times/era's in being there and being a biker are long gone!

I'm not sure how I feel for all the 17-22year olds on BCF, as they will have never know anything different to the here and now, but they might just be getting on with it and enjoying the today's scene anyway?

heres my old bike back in 2000
https://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/PAINTPOTS/CUSTOM%20PAINT/scan0001_zpsf0c4806a.jpg

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

FEEL FOR ME!

All the bikes I like are starting to go up in price, what would have just been a normal bike back then, is now considered classic, and nothing from the last decade really catches my attention like 80's and 90's bikes. Like all of my mates that rode 125's at 17 on a cbt now none of them own a bike. The nonsense regulations have just bureaucratted them away from bikes. No teenager can be bothered to jump through all those hoops.

With regards to reminiscing about past bikes, just do as I do and keep them all! I sold my Varadero, but to my dad, so it's still in the garage and I'm still insured on it Laughing What I am thinking about doing is, getting mini-number-plates made up of every bike I own and filling the back wall of the garage with them, so when eventually bikes start to leave, I'll be able to remember them all. Thumbs Up
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam you've got a great point there, and never selling a bike if you can get away with it will always rule!

Anyway how about Feel for me!

I started road biking at a time when I could have brought an NS400R or RG500 for £1500 or less for a fucked one, and I let a mint KMX200 go and a fairly Tidy TZR250 2MA. I don't regret the TZR though, because of TDR fantasy's, but then even when they were cheap, there was hardly any around anywhere, so I never got one of those either! Sad

I also missed out on a mint never raced KX500 an 88 model, I could have brought it at the Malvern bike show around 2008, but couldn't think why I needed a non road legal 500cc dirtbike, what I twat I was for not snapping the blokes hand off!

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, that sounds dreadful, try not to think about it! It will drive you mad. Laughing I often wish I was born 20 years earlier, the vehicles I could have owned for normal money! But chances are, I would be the same and lusting after 60's bikes and cars. Laughing

The thing is, you just don't know which bikes will disappear into nothingness and which ones will end up with a following. My GPZ, supposedly, was an RD killer in it's time, I'm sure I read that in an old mag, Rolling Eyes, but look at the followings, the Kwak is worth about 3-400 quids, maybe up to about 700 for a minter, the RD350's, you're looking at paying the best part of two grand for a reasonable one.

My cub! My uncle said he had three at one point and couldn't even give them away, he dumped them in the canal in the end.... Now look at them, some people are asking stupid money, got mine for fifty ponds though, 's'all good. My dad says he should have kept hold of his GT380, he sold it for £75, and it was a minter, supposedly. I WANT A GT380 FOR £75!

I suppose rare bikes must have always been rare. Stuff like the SDR200, which, again, I would love to have a decent play on, a couple of months, must have been hardly heard of at time of release, let alone now.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
brighamcalver... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1