Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Channel 4 WSB Commentators - Is Eurosport the answer?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 03 Mar 2015    Post subject: Channel 4 WSB Commentators - Is Eurosport the answer? Reply with quote

Does anyone still watch WSB?

I could barely stomach the ear bashing that Jonathan Green gave over the last few seasons. He was some sort of wailing banshee.
Steve Martin was good, nice insight and didn't cause my ears to bleed.

Just caught the first show of 2015 and joy, no more Jonathan Green (and no Steve Martin unfortunately).....but fuck me, they've replaced him them a pair of high pitched fuckwits. It was like listening to Beavis and Butt-head jerk each other off.

Going to have to mute the TV. But to be honest a 30min program, with 5mins of buildup, 10mins of adverts doesn't really do the racing justice.

Presumably Eurosport is the answer? I don't have sky, but if anyone uses their app and thinks it's good, I'll look into that.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 03 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurosport is decent. Thumbs Up

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:50 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Eurosport charge for an app and you can watch live races? If so I didn't know that.

I watched Channel 4's highlights and I was likewise getting annoyed with the commentators. They'd also turned down background noise so there were no engine sounds but just the two douches squealing.

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I have Eurosport but didn't have the time to watch the races or repeats, and since I already knew the results I thought I'd just watch the C4 highlights.

Oh dear God. Make them stop, please.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are on You tube pretty quick on the official site,
I just avoided the results, which isnt hard in the UK as no one seems to promote it, then watch the full races a few hours later.

hth

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:58 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
I just avoided the results, which isnt hard in the UK as no one seems to promote it, then watch the full races a few hours later.

hth

It says you need a video pass..? Eurosport Player's site is down but I'll happily pay them moneys as it'll mean live BSB as well.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HD torrents are usually available within an hour or so of the race finishing. I just download these.

I've yet to find a 100% reliable HD live stream for motorsport.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
bugeye_bob wrote:

hth

It says you need a video pass..? Eurosport Player's site is down but I'll happily pay them moneys as it'll mean live BSB as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhADLiobCE

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Eurosport player thing, don't use an app just the player on their website. Seems to work ok, can watch live or on demand. Haven't experienced any playback issues.
Jack Burnicle and James Whitham were commentating what I watched of the first round. Apparently they will also have Tom Gaymor and Steve Parrish commentating presumably when it clashes with BSB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
I have the Eurosport player thing, don't use an app just the player on their website. Seems to work ok, can watch live or on demand. Haven't experienced any playback issues.
Jack Burnicle and James Whitham were commentating what I watched of the first round. Apparently they will also have Tom Gaymor and Steve Parrish commentating presumably when it clashes with BSB.

Sounds perfect. On demand is a definite winner!

Wasn't sure on Jack Burnicle, but him and Whitham have jelled pretty well, certainly on BSB anyway.

Was always a fan of Barry Nutley, who filled in for a BSB round last year I think. It was great to hear is tones again on TV Smile

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 04 Mar 2015    Post subject: Re: Channel 4 WSB Commentators - Is Eurosport the answer? Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Re: Channel 4 WSB Commentators

God awful commentators.

I caught WSB whilst in Taiwan a few years ago, and watched it despite commentary being in Chinese. It was fine to watch, I knew what was going on as I knew the numbers of the front runners bikes.

But yeah, bad commentary is bad. Cool

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:25 - 24 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've paid for Eurosport online and am very pleased to find it has all of last year's big road races on there as well.

I watched the first Thai race yesterday. What is it with seemingly every WSB rider hanging a leg off going into every corner? Only Rossi used to do it when pushing extra hard, I don't see what the benefit is (it creates a little more drag when braking?).

ScottT
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:55 - 24 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a friend that has sky, download the app and use their login then you can watch Eurosport.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitham and Burnicle have to be the best bike sport commentators on TV bar none. Just pay up, stop being tight arses and enjoy it or stop moaning.

OGR
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1