BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trackdays on A2 license

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 00:56 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Trackdays on A2 license Reply with quote

Interested in taking Ninja 300 to track because fun.

I read the two stickied FAQs and don't fancy jumping through the hoops to get an ACU license that I'm probably going to only use once in a year. Having said that, I don't fancy the idea that I have to wait two bloody years to ever experience a track.

I read some information on various track-day booking websites, and googled around for some answers, yet I still can't seem to get this quite clear. (As if A2 licenses aren't confusing enough on their own).

Anyway, can I take my ninja 300 on track with an A2 license? These websites keep telling me the same obscure bollocks like

Quote:
Road licence must be a fully unrestricted (not provisional) valid driving licence issued by the DVLA (or the equivalent foreign licensing authority in the driver's country of residence) with the appropriate category clearly indicated.

Does that mean I have to have a FULLY unrestricted cat A license that lets me ride a supersport in order to even get on the track, or does the part also say that restricted A2 licenses are also allowed? They're not provisional, but they aren't unrestricted.

I'm confused, I know all tracks have different rules, but can't they just put "a2 license for a2 bike yes/no" Confused

bcf pls

edit: Also the faq is 5 years old, new a2 license is 47bhp not 33bhp and you dont magic a new license after 2 years now. So shit might have changed.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:24 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends done a track day at Snetterton on his A2 license, on a bike (he rides daily) he shouldn't even be riding (Gsxr600 K4) Laughing

So it must be possible Thumbs Up

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the organiser Wink

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any MSV tracks will tell you to GTFO from what I can see which is annoying as I want to do Brands as its close.

Anything else is fair game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

notabikeranym...
Formerly known as
meef

PostPosted: 12:53 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers lads I'll probably give a few a bell and see what my options are.

Snop Doog
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:38 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd add this.

A person I follow on Instagram rides an R125 on a CBT... She done a track day on a GSXR 600... There's hope!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Roo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 07 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can book any none msv track with no limits trackdays. We took a mate to mallory on his nsr 125... took the l plates off in the padock Laughing
You don't have to ride a bike relevant to your road licence, he could've ridden anything.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1