Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Not liking children

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 00:24 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Not liking children Reply with quote

Ive never liked kids or enjoyed the company of children, i never get that awww thats cute feeling ever, instead its usually a feeling of intense annoyance or asking myself "how soon can i leave".

I thought alot of people in there early twenties have these kinda thoughts, but as im approaching 30 my feelings are not changing but getting worse.

Everyone around me is having kids and just seeing how terrible there lives have become just seems totally pointless to me.
The dynamic with their wives changes completely and most have started to dislike each other.
Not one part of this seems worthwhile to me.

There is also the annoyance of friends from back in the UK sending me baby pictures and updates like i actually give a fuck.
I could not be less interested in the fact your small human is eating solid food or now shitting in a toilet and so on like they are absolutely amazing and these kind of these have never been achieved before.

Im starting to think ill never have or want children and it would be a pretty bad mistake if i ever do.

Does anyone else feel this way ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Tritey This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bordering 33 and I feel the same. I have never been remotely interested in having children.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids are like farts, you savour your own but hate everyone else's

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't really like kids at all. I get fed up of people on facebook posting pictures of their bloody kids and I get fed up of my nephews and nieces. My nephew who is a toddler is actually a devil child and I hate him. Bad parenting mostly, my other sister's children aren't all that bad, but they have their moments.

I'd be perfectly happy not having children, I'd prefer not to, but it's probably going to come down to the woman I'm with. It's not make or break for me, luckily.

When you logically list the reasons for having children, there are pretty much none and any reason someone comes up with, is either selfish or illogical.

Are you in a relationship? I think as guys, we don't get any sort of fatherly feelings either outside of a relationship or before a kid is actually born. I think it's more likely to be women that have an inbuilt urge to want children, it's an instinct/evolutionary thing specific to the females of most species and seldom the male. I don't and will never miss what I don't have, so why bother changing that? "Oh, but it's different when they're your own". Is it really, and what if I still hate my own children? I'd rather not take the risk, thank you.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wotcha.

Couldn't stand kids when I was in my teens.
Couldn't stand kids when I was in my twenties.
Couldn't stand kids when I was in my thirties.
Couldn't stand kids when I was in my forties .
Can't stand kids now I'm in my fifties . . . . can you see a theme here ?

As regards babies, I tell folks I already have something that screams and stinks . . . . .it's called a two stroke Thumbs Up Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 00:59 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tungtvann wrote:

Are you in a relationship? .

Married , 4 years .

but never in that time have I even considered it .

Happily married too, which I doubt I could say post kids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:03 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate kids and pretty much despise the 'ooohh cutesy baby look at you' bullshit. If someone shows me their child, I really, really don't care. And if they boast of their child on social media, I start to think much less of that person. Some people treat children like pets or commodities, I swear.

For some reason though I reckon I'd be completely fine with my own child/children. Although I still wouldn't do the cutesy stuff. Dunno what I'd do actually. Thinking

Last edited by Lord Percy on 01:05 - 25 Mar 2015; edited 1 time in total

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find children irritating beyond words, people have tried telling me I'd feel different if i had them, and that its the best thing that can happen to you, but i can't see it.

If I'm out with the missus and we stop for something to eat or go for a drink we avoid places that are full of kids or sit as far away from them as humanly possible.

Another think i don't understand are lazy parents who just let their sprogs run round causing havoc and give some half arsed excuse of there only playing or there just being kids. No their misbehaving shits and you should take them to task over it. If they where mine i'd smack them so hard they'd not sit down for a week.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, can't stand them, especially the noise. It does my head in! My best friend of over 30 years and
his wife have just had their first and it's the ONLY thing they seem to be able to have a conversation
about anymore. All they ever banged on about before the kid was how skint they were and how
everything was a struggle and how they can't afford a house of their own etc etc, (mind you now his
Mrs is sitting at home fingerpainting all day instead of working I can't see that changing anytime soon
except for the worse, and if you knew the life she left behind to do this mum thing you'd really be
stunned by her entirely hormonal decision). How having a new bottomless money pit is going to help
any of that is beyond me. Meanwhile childless old me aged 42 is on the hunt for my 4th house.

Despite it all I'm happy for them, they will do a decent job of bringing the boy up and they really
wanted this (well at least one of them did... Thinking ) I got a text from his wife a few days ago
asking me and my wife to come to their kids first birthday party in OCTOBER (empty calendar until then eh???)
and I'm struggling with finding a polite way to say I'd rather stab myself in the leg than go.
The kid won't remember any of it, he doesn't know us at all having met us once when he was 3 weeks
old and I have a 6 hour round trip drive from Bristol to Romford, a £75 fuel bill (because Audi Laughing )
and a night in a hotel to cough up for if it's too late to drive back same night for my trouble.
It's not the money, it's the hassle and the pointlessness.

Now when the same friend got married I did that exact same trip so I could (albeit soberly) attend his stag night
driving back home same night. I wouldn't have missed it for the world I was his best man, but a babys
birthday party?? Are you kidding me? It may be the centre of their universe now but it certainly isn't the
centre of mine. I'm looking to book another longhaul month long holiday around then so I have a
good excuse to not be there without hurting anyones feelings. I was in New Zealand having one such
holiday when the kid was born. Looks like I'll be away the same 4 weeks this year Laughing

My wife feels the same too handily, but she's a career minded one and earns silly money as an Actuary currently.
Can't see her giving up month long holidays and never,ever having to worry about the bills for any one of our houses
anytime soon. And swapping that for watching the pennies, watching her tits heading south and no longer being able to choose
when and where she voids her bladder. She thinks children are pretty uninteresting until they are old enough to get served in a pub Thumbs Up

Besides, due to her dads complicated love life my Mrs is the eldest of 9 so she's seen enough babies over
the years to have had a belly full (see what I did there) of all that caper.
As a result of being child free, I have a wife who actually looks hotter now at 32 than she did at 18 when I first took up with her.
We have been together 14 years this October and have (and this is the absolute honest truth) never
had a single shouty argument in all that time. And I'm a petty fecker who spends half his life shouting at the TV. Evil or Very Mad
I honestly believe that kids bring worry, inconvenience and hardship where there needn't be either one. I feel the same
about pets. Paying out to feed something for it to crap in out again my yard so I can go clear it up???
Why would you? Houseplants are my limit.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Kids are like farts, you savour your own but hate everyone else's

This.

I love my kids. Cant stand other peoples kids, wife feels the same too.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:03 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that bothered about kids - some are funny and intelligent, some are self-absorbed boarder line spoilt twits. But babies are ace, especially when they've just sussed out how to smile. I love holding them. They actually make me tear up. Embarassed Embarassed

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:16 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, really. I'm hardly the key kid demographic at 26 and male.

Same as most here in that I'll avoid them where possible. See more than my fair share of shitty kids running around at work, do get the odd one or two that are reasonable, but they're pretty rare.

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being stuck on a bus in a traffic jam with my parents and nephew and he eventually started on about Harry Potter - I nearly lost it. The only noisy mess-maker around here is my cockatiel, that's enough parenting for me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:12 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah, you're all genetically defective. Literally. An organism that doesn't want to reproduce? Even mongs get dem urges.

Having not created anyone to spoon mush into you and wipe your arse in your dotage, please don't expect my kids to do it for you. In fact, being an evolutionary dead end, you might as well just off yourselves right now.

Eugenics: not just a 1980s music duo.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Huzzah, you're all genetically defective. Literally. An organism that doesn't want to reproduce? Even mongs get dem urges.

That's precisely the point. Oh to be cursed with a higher level of consciousness. Razz

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why we are fucked

the normal people wont reproduce but the fucktards do

we are doomed I tell you doomed

I don't mind kids

even other peoples as long as they behave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:31 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

even other peoples as long as they behave

That's the key point for me. Plenty don't behave. Sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and find a way to live with myself Confused , I find Maldivian beaches ideal for evaluating my life. Laughing
People tend to NOT take children to the Maldives because very expensive and they don't really lay on 'kids' activities.
(Thank fucking fuck for that, I'd rather go to the dentist than listen to happy children having their idea of fun shamelessly at the expense of everybody elses peace and quiet),
It's precisely because of this that it's one of my favourite places in the world for an inpromptu 2 week break.

I usually come to the same conclusion when I am sitting there watching my gorgeous wife snorkelling
and looking tanned and stretch mark free in her bikini. While I savour another cold Bin Tang from the
all inclusive bar.

It really could be worse.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:58 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.strongmindbraveheart.com/wp-content/uploads/a_976_20141023091401-464x1024.jpg
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Tritey This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Huzzah, you're all genetically defective. Literally. An organism that doesn't want to reproduce?

Here's a thought. Particularly in terms of the male psychology, do we actually want to reproduce, or do we just want to get sex?

Personally, the big drive for me is not a deep, unstoppable desire to have lots of little cubs running around me. I just want to have as much sex as possible, regardless.

Typically I'd say it's mainly the women who get the urge to properly have children. Men are just given offspring as a by-product of their seed-sowing.

Not saying man can't want kids and can't love them etc. But as far as the generic evolution argument goes, I'd say males just follow the sex, females want the kids. Generally.

And no man here has said he doesn't want sex. He just doesn't want kids!

Personally I'm slowly coming round to the prospect of me someday having my own child(ren). I do think it's more of a socially indoctrinated thing though, more than anything.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritey wrote:
This.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11360819/Average-cost-of-raising-a-child-in-UK-230000.html

£230k to bring up a child? think of all the good stuff you could buy with that! House, R1 etc.

How much is the H2R?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously - holding babies is ace.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7