Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Not liking children

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/parenthood_zps4b8b886d.jpg

orangepeeleo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:54 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no interest at all in having kids...then the missus got pregnant. I still have no interest in other peoples, they're badly behaved and a PITA. I can only just about stand my own nephew!

It took me about 1 or 2 years to really start to like my own! When they're baby's I think its hard for a dad to make any sort of bond because they can't do anything, they are literally just there to be looked after and give the odd giggle back in return Confused

My daughters five now though and she's fucking awesome, makes me crack up laughing daily, goes toilet herself, dresses herself, wakes up and makes her own cereal in the morning! Grabs snacks from the fridge when she's peckish, happy to watch netflix while i'm on the PS4...she's fairly self sufficient these days and i'm getting my life back! Side projects can happen again because I can grab an hour or 2 and do shit when she's around, started reading again...previously she'd need pretty much constant attention.

I think theres a stat somewhere that says married couples are much more likely to break up during the first 4 years of a childs life, and I can totally believe that, its tough but without getting all gushy its totally worth it I think. Had a parents evening this week and her teachers love her, her works brilliant, its a pretty cool feeling knowing we're doing alrite and bringing up a person that will contribute to the world lol

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like quiet, well behaved babies/children that I can give back to their parents when they start to smell. I prefer them when they are a bit more human and less of a blob of shits, crying and unrequited affection.

I hate screaming spoiled brats.

I'll probably get one in a few years time, I have mixed feelings.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
But seriously - holding babies is ace.

No it's not. It's terrifying that they might start screaming for no reason, or you'll hold them wrong/drop them.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:58 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Here's a thought. [<Tef>]

While you were pondering the ineffable, some Daryyyl just donated sperm to all the cockholsters on the 12th floor of Welfare Towers.

Why come you got no tattoo?

Last edited by Rogerborg on 12:41 - 25 Mar 2015; edited 1 time in total

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread, at least there's honesty here.

Funnily enough, I'm sat here chillaxing as I'm waiting for the call to go up to hospital as my missus is in labour! Was there last night with her and she had to stay in, so once it gets closer to pushing I'll be up there like a shot! Wouldn't miss it for the world, my second girl Mr. Green No more for me though after this as I'm 31and don't want to be in my 50's with a teenager.

Kids are only as difficult as you make/let them be. Keep control of them and have an easy life Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma for cockholster Laughing Laughing Laughing

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 13:26 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the squalling shitlarva stage, certainly. Once they're past the 6/7 year mark they can be pretty entertaining (if you're lucky).

sabian92
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate kids, really cannot stand them. Don't want them, not having them.

My fiancee's brother asked us to have a kid so he could be an uncle. We told him to fuck off Laughing He wants loads of kids with his other half and I dread the day they ask us to babysit.

tldr no kids.

Tungtvann
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nieces were much nicer kids at a younger age, they pretty much stay this way up until adolescence, once they hit teenage years, they become far too self conscious, too preoccupied with wanting to be an adult and can be very bitchy a handful in general, and that's before you even throw boys into the mix.

The boys tended to be assholes as toddlers, constantly in stuff, needing to be watched in case they either break something or hurt themselves. Once they start approaching 10, none of my nephews were actually that bad at all. They tend to just want to play, ride bikes, kick a ball around, play videogames or whatever. Less concerned about their image, having bitchy friends or wanting to be older than they are. Probably more predisposed at causing mischief, but as long as they don't get in trouble doing things like petty vandalism, not that bad.

That's my experience of kids at varying ages, I think I'd prefer girls for the most part, but would not be looking forward to them becoming teenagers, or if I had a boy, I'd have to be quite strict with them to stop them being like 2 out of the 3 nephews through the ages of about 2-7.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want kids. I enjoy other people's kids too.

I'm weird apparently.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s not kids I hate , It`s the bad parenting that allows/encourages kids to be ill-mannered, greedy, noisy, inconsiderate, rude, selfish self-centred, attention-seeking, self-gratifying, divisive, hateful little shits who go on to grow up to be more of the same!

"Give me" and "I want" being their most commonly used words.

Parent that jump and pander to their kids the very second they start squeaking and grizzling really irritate me!

There! got it of my chest Thumbs Up I feel a lot better now Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:00 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
It`s not kids I hate , It`s the bad parenting

How did your kids turn out?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro. wrote:
I want kids. I enjoy other people's kids too.
Thinking You may want to re phrase that.
Especially with Operation Yewtree looking for it's next scalp.

Twofish
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Re: Not liking children Reply with quote

Wave2k wrote:
Ive never liked kids or enjoyed the company of children, i never get that awww thats cute feeling ever, instead its usually a feeling of intense annoyance or asking myself "how soon can i leave".

I thought alot of people in there early twenties have these kinda thoughts, but as im approaching 30 my feelings are not changing but getting worse.

Im starting to think ill never have or want children and it would be a pretty bad mistake if i ever do.

Does anyone else feel this way ?

Yes.

Lord Percy wrote:
Typically I'd say it's mainly the women who get the urge to properly have children. Men are just given offspring as a by-product of their seed-sowing.

Maybe. But some of us can't stand them either.

I've always disliked kids. When I was younger I couldn't even watch them eat, it made me feel sick. I'm not quite that bad any more. My sister has two. They've dictated her whole life. I would have done, and still would do, absolutely anything to not be in that position (including harassing a doctor for three years to let me be sterilised). I'm incredibly glad I wasn't born 50, 100 years ago or more when it was expected.

Luckily it's a lot easier finding blokes who feel the same rather than women - if you're a guy and you don't want kids it must be really hard - at what point do you approach that with some girl! First coffee - 'so, just to let you know, I never want kids, right'? Laughing

We're seriously considering moving house at the moment because we both work from home and might just get arrested this year for killing the neighbours' screaming kids during the summer holidays. I know they're outside having a good time just being kids, and it's good that they're not stuck in front of the TV, but the noise! Just not our thing.

So there are plenty of other sane people out here! Thing is, all my qualifications are in biology and I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with population pressure, living close to loads of other people etc. etc. And yes I know there's no one to look after me when I'm old but I'll keep a little in the bank for a last trip to Switzerland Wink .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "look after you when you are old" argument never ceases to amuse as it generally translates to "sell your house and put you in the cheapest home they can find".

With the £house + (£275,000 x n) you have saved by not raising parasitical small humans, you can get somewhere with a view and someone named Nigel to chew your food. If you were a savvy saver in life, you could probably get your arse wiped by supermodels too Thumbs Up .

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to blow it all on coke and hookers well before I get near a home.

I'll be in some state funded flea pit sat in corner in my own waste

Twofish
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's the other thing...I've been called selfish because I don't want children. Selfish because I don't want to look after them, be tied down and run around after them for the rest of my life. One friend's mother said to me 'oh your poor parents, how do they feel about it'. I dunno - my mother has had the good sense not to say or we would have fallen out a long time ago.

(Or I wonder if I was selfish for spending a lot of money on a fast car, having a bike, going abroad anything up to 4 times a year, being able to wear a bikini, doing cool things at the drop of a hat - all the things some of my friends can't do, wont' do or afford to do any more Smile ).

And yet I've a friend who thinks that people who want children are selfish because all they want to do is produce mini-mes (surely that's just biology).

I guess those of use who don't want them are biologically weird...but so much better off financially, in life-experience, less stress etc. etc. We live longer too, if you like that sort of thing (and for the inevitable 'where's the stats for that', I don't know, it's just something I remember being told when I did my degree years ago).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:12 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddie was so much nicer when younger. Sad

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moment I'm not capable of looking after myself, it's a one way ticket to Switzerland for me.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:20 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you could book a flight with Malaysian Airlines. Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Or, you could book a flight with Malaysian Airlines. Thumbs Up
I flew with them 4 times last year. Am not missing or presumed dead as far as I know.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:26 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your flights were bargain priced but the travel insurance cost an arm and a leg?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:46 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
If you were a savvy saver in life, you could probably get your arse wiped by supermodels too Thumbs Up .

Ultimately, its not about economics, it's demographics. You're relying on thin, pretty people to squeeze out kids to do your arse-wiping.

Have you seen who we're funding to breed these days? You'll be lucky to be rolled into a damp hole and hosed down by a Latvian hunchback.

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 25 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want my own kids. I have no problem going out with girls that have kids though. I can play daddy pretty good, enjoy getting the toys out, giving piggy backs. Kids generally like me and I like them, but having my own I consider an enormous lifelong commitment, and a massive step, with too many drawbacks. My ex wanted kids, I didn't want them, she was approaching 30, it was probably why we broke up, she went on to have twins (so 3 kids total), I look back, and I don't regret a single thing, she struggled with one, now she's struggling with 3. I'm glad I'm not strugging with her. I think I'd probably do well as a fosterer, but I have no plans to. The only thing about not having kids, that has already been alluded to, is the risk of loneliness when you're older, with noone to look out for you. If my mum/dad need help I'm generally there. What'm I gunna do? That's the only real downside for me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7