Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Caught the ghey..........

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:29 - 30 Apr 2015    Post subject: Caught the ghey.......... Reply with quote

On Saturday I made a 200 mile round trip to pick up this :

https://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/dannymassive/LS400%20Savage_zpseapedqpd.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, it was quite the experience riding some distance on a hardtail for the first time!

It's not quick, infact it's slow as hell, but I love it!

400cc Single, 5 Speed box Thumbs Up

Originally a Suzuki Savage LS400, now sporting a RYCA Hardtail bobber conversion Very Happy

Quite different to what I'm used too - and it sure turned heads riding through Bristol city centre.
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 30 Apr 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did somebody say blue oyster?
Laughing

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:13 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close the door on your way out Thumbs Up

at least its been done well i guess. But what do you wear on it?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:23 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks tidy. Quite like the white walls. Wouldn't ride.

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:35 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:
Close the door on your way out Thumbs Up

Don't worry - there's no tassles!!

I've purchased a Spada open face helmet for when i'm out and about on it.

It's literally for "bobbing" around town, you wouldn't want to do any real distance on it - it sure as hell isn't made for that!

And, yes, it's been engineered well Thumbs Up
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, though the battery looks out of place. Maybe try to hide the battery more with a box that encloses it fully?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's your back? If it was alright, it's gonna get fecked up pretty soon with that hardtail on European roads. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sometimes see the appeal of a simple hard tail frame for just loping around town and down the back lanes on etc.

But the colour, tyres, short exhaust, HD sportster looking fuel tank I do not like.

I would prefer and still want to build a Cushman style mini bike that is road legal and has a simple industrial type single cyl motor. I think it would be even simpler and more fun, though I have to balance the idea of this with either buying a cheap 80's square looking Vespa scooter to restore, or just becoming another pedpoi with a tuned twist&go, seeing as it's over 10years since I had my last one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:48 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give one a go, but wouldn't wear anything but a full face, if anyone saw me I'd feel embarrassed Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:55 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:

https://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/922/922352/mr-slave_south-park_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
I like, though the battery looks out of place. Maybe try to hide the battery more with a box that encloses it fully?

Loving the bike, and yes, the battery does look a bit "oh shit, I forgot the battery!" Smile I'd be tempted to look at a small lithium jobbie in a black box so the eye isn't drawn to it.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

finniee
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:43 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, just doesn't look very comfortable.

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:55 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

That's a good thought.... I am actually going to look into this - maybe create something like the "fake oil tank" that already encloses the electrics.

RhynoCZ wrote:
How's your back? If it was alright, it's gonna get fecked up pretty soon with that hardtail on European roads. Thumbs Up

My back is.....better than I thought it would be! This bike is seriously light and the two springs in the seat do a remarkable job! Just got to try and avoid the massive amount of pot holes around here!

stevo as b4 wrote:
I can sometimes see the appeal of a simple hard tail frame for just loping around town and down the back lanes on etc.

But the colour, tyres, short exhaust, HD sportster looking fuel tank I do not like.

I would prefer and still want to build a Cushman style mini bike that is road legal and has a simple industrial type single cyl motor. I think it would be even simpler and more fun, though I have to balance the idea of this with either buying a cheap 80's square looking Vespa scooter to restore, or just becoming another pedpoi with a tuned twist&go, seeing as it's over 10years since I had my last one.

Aye, it's defiantly not everyone's cup 'o tea! Each to their own and all that.

There's been quite a few Vespa's restored in my area lately - do it! Or...... do your build! Either way, pic's are obligatory!!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 01 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't much like the zero padded seat either, and think a big sprung vintage bike saddle would look better!

In fact OP's bike would work for me a lot better if it was Kawasaki green and had a KX420 lump with polished flywheel/clutch covers instead! Thumbs Up

As for a build for me, well summer is taken tinkering with my old man polishing KMX, and the knackered KMX200 in the shed can wait another year or just be a parts whore.

So for my winter project which should I do?
Vespa or Cushman style pit bike/scooter?

If you know of an old PK100/125 Vespa's that are fairly complete, i'll give one a go, but I only like these flat sided 80's ones and am not into the traditional old skool ones, so i hope that means I can get one cheap.

I do know a couple of scooter restorers and tuners that love old Vespa/Lambretta things, so I could at least get some help with such a project I reckon.

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the little cylinder under the seat?...Some sort of oil expansion reservoir or such?
I'd be tempted to plonk a battery in there if it serves little purpose.

I like the exhaust. And, I always appreciate a single cylinder.
But that's about it I'm afraid.

Still, I've seen much worse. Enjoy OP.

Also. + 1 for a sprung seat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually do like. Much nicer than many of the factory cruisers/bobbers.

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:13 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

1cyl wrote:
What's the little cylinder under the seat?...Some sort of oil expansion reservoir or such?
I'd be tempted to plonk a battery in there if it serves little purpose.

I like the exhaust. And, I always appreciate a single cylinder.
But that's about it I'm afraid.

Still, I've seen much worse. Enjoy OP.

Also. + 1 for a sprung seat.

The little cylinder is a "fake" oil tank - it is used to house all the electrics for the bike and is full to the brim - can not fit anything else in there!

BravoCharlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 03 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Thumbs Up

the weather will improve at some point, be sure to enjoy it. I miss my little VRX400 for city riding! shouldn't have got rid, really.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 04 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep an eye out for this when I am around town. Not exactly hard to miss.

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:04 - 10 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely... I miss my old hard tail chop soooo much

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:45 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it except for one thing, it needs a fanny pad. What is the point of a poseurs bike if you can't pick up the fluff!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1