Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Great Trials video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

ScottT
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:17 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Great Trials video Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been on here before, but it's well worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4CNY8TBRkY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do BMX well, FMX not so. Smile

Some proper excellent skills and bravery...loved it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RandomJord
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:11 - 20 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure they've read the TRF code of conduct! Laughing

stuartt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfhL_SjYBo

i've been trying to do a wheelie for weeks now & it's just not happening Sad

i'd love to be able to do half of what these guys do .

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartt wrote:
i like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfhL_SjYBo

i've been trying to do a wheelie for weeks now & it's just not happening Sad

i'd love to be able to do half of what these guys do .

You've got a gasser 300 don't you? I find two strokes are harder to wheelie anyway. My CRM will pull the front end up better, but doesn't have the torque to keep it there, it needs more skill from the rider, whereas the TTR will pull the wheel up in fourth and then when it drops too low, I can give it more and it has the torque to lift it. The Honda needs more revs to pick it up, but then I run out of gear, change gear, then it drops out of the powerband and I can't rev it back into it again before the wheel drops too far.

I always watch the cross training videos. It's the reason I'm saving for a Beta 300 now.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stuartt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 26 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , it's 45 hp if i mind right .

if i'm standing on it accelerating it will start to lift , i prob have a fear of flipping it after flipping my 1 week old 125 mtx about 27 yrs ago Very Happy

most people i see off road like going round a field as fast as they can where i prefer trying to go through a wooded area without putting my foot down .

my bike seems to have plenty of torque at any speed , i've seen myself going up some fairly steep hills starting at the bottom with low revs & the bike accelerating fine when i'm thinking it might stall .

i came of it 3 times in 40 mins the other day but i suppose that just means i'm trying to learn more going over small logs or whatever is infront of me ..

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may just be my CRM 250 then, it seems quite over-geared anyway, and my balance isn't that great. I suspect I have about 33-35BHP at the rear wheel, because if I'm stood up and leaning back a bit, it will lift in 2nd, but not a lot just a few inches but sat down, I can pick the front end up in third at about 40mph, which is just below the power-band, so when you dump the clutch you bring it into the power, but then I just seem to run out of revs before I can change to fourth, the gearbox is quite wide. Rolling Eyes

I prefer seeing how difficult the terrain gets before I can't do it anymore. I don't see the appeal of going flat out across a field, I could do that on the road. I do prefer the two stroke over the TTR, it doesn't stall as much, well, when I first got it I didn't really know how to ride a two stroke, I can climb hills I never dreamed of on the TTR.

If I'm just green-laning, I don't tend to crash because I'm quite slow and controlled but when I do enduro days, MX days and then just playing in my mates woods, I'm pushing the bike hard, for me, and I'm bordering on out of control all the time, so regularly crash when I'm doing that. Laughing

Could the gas gas run away with you? That's the only thing that keeps me looking at trail bikes instead of the competition machines, the power is more manageable and poor body positioning doesn't result in the machine trying to do a runner. I don't know if you've experienced it, but whenever I get on a four stroke competition machine I end up in a cycle of doom, where the power comes on, throws me back, so I twist the throttle more which throws me back more and so on until something hard stops me. I'm not sure if a 300 smoker would do the same.
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K

stuartt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still learning to go it , it's my 1st enduro .

i sold my rocket 3 to get it Very Happy

the bikes only once nearly ran away when i was going over a rough bit of ground & i turned the throttle by mistake .

it will do 70 mph flat out with the 48 tooth & 90 mph with 40 tooth & sm wheels .

so far i've done about 170 hrs on & off road .

i did a bit of the west highland way by mistake a few weeks ago Very Happy

most of the young one's in drumchaple think i'm a policeman & disappear when they see me coming over the hill lol .

i've still got a long way to go with my balance , i was trying to keep my feet up with the bike standing still but i've a long way to go !

i was going to get a honda crf buildbase till the dealership said it needed a service every 15 hrs & i'd thought about getting a cr500 till i got told some spares could be hard to get so ended up buying the gas gas about 3 hrs after selling my rocket .

gas gas hasn't made a bike this year as i heard there £25,000,000 in dept & trying to sort things out .

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite a lot of bike for a beginner! Shocked But I suppose it is torquey enough to ride a gear or two high to smooth it out and make it a bit more sedate.

The CRM will do 165KM/H flat out, with 14/42 now with 13/45 I have got it up to about 135km/h on the clock, I'm not really sure what that is in proper numbers.

170 hours is a fair bit... Anything gone wrong with it? I'd be interested to hear a beginners review of it after it's been used for a while. I say that, because If I were going to pay out more than 2 grand for a toy, I would keep it for a while and because I consider myself an advanced beginner, if I'm honest with myself. Laughing

I would probably use it on and off-road as well, when I bought the CRM I thought I wouldn't ever want for anything else, but I do. The thing I want more than anything is easy spares. After riding around on the TTR250 and the CRM250 for two years between them, I want something that isn't a grey import and isn't twenty years old. I think that that could be the limiting factor in my riding, knowing that if I break something, it will cost a fortune to replace or repair or be nigh on impossible to find the parts.

The Beta X-Trainer 300 looks right up my street, or the KTM Free-Ride 250R. Razz

stuartt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gasser can't be ridden in a higher gear than whats needed as it wouldn't have much power & wouldn't be to smooth , i think thats what i mean !

i've been thinking about going to 250 hrs before changing the piston which will cost £140 for the kit .

the only fault with it is the starter , it's a bit old fashioned in design & is on it's 3rd , the 3rd is meant to be a upgraded part & seems to be ok .

i paid £6200 if i mind right & 1 year on there £5200 .

i'd like the 450 gasser which has a wr450 engine although i don't have the cash Very Happy

i got the sm wheels from a dealer in spain ( full kit wheels tyres discs & caliper extension ) for £700 free postage , dealers in the uk want £1250 !

my mate said it will wheelie in every gear although i don't think he did any wheelies when he borrowed it just incase he had a mishap & had to pay to fix it .

it may be a lot of bike for learning off road but then my 1st fast bike was & is a busa Very Happy

all spares are easy to get , i can't fault the bike . i was told as long as you don't have full throttle for more than 5-10 seconds it will last for a long time .

i'm sure good deal are to be had buying 2nd hand as everyone wants a ktm .

i was using a 40 tooth of road for a bit for ease of swapping the wheels but it wouldn't go slow enough off road , i'm going to have to get loads of spring links & swap chain & sprockets for the sm wheels .

its major fun with the sm wheels about the city or on wee twisty roads .

i always use a 35/1 mix with good oil just to be on the safe side .

apart from the starter i can't fault the bike , it does go through plenty of fuel but if i was bothered about that i'd get a 125 Very Happy

as far as i know every bit on the bike is top of the range so no need to change much , i plan on getting a 2 finger clutch lever & metal sump guard soon & thats about it .

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

165kmh/103mph. Smile

You be careful now wishing for a new bike, with easy spares and a tad more low down soft cuddly delivery. G will have you walking into a big orange shop in no time! Laughing

Vid is great BTW!

p.s maybe I should start agreeing with G a lot more with regard to specifically 200cc bikes being angry work of the devil compared to novice and toddler friendly 300's. It was a 200cc (WR200R) that I was on when I flipped a bike spectacularly on an MX track.

The only time I've ever flipped a bike before was attempting an impossible long climb on my old TY175, but I forgive that bike because it was ace! Smile

stuartt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bike up a local hill .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=752735484792718&set=pb.100001688202562.-2207520000.1432757803.&type=3&theater

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 27 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seriously considering a WR200R, the pre-mix model as apposed to the DT200WR autolube model, while looking for the CRM, but your story of flipping it put me off, it's not what I want. That and the fact that they are quite rare, compared to the rare CRM and I did think I may not be able to get any parts for it. Laughing I flipped my TTR once, doing a hill climb in a local trial, it happened in slow motion, I watched the wheel come up and leant forward more, praying to ride the next few feet to the top but it kept coming up and I didn't back off because I would crash as soon as I lost momentum, it then flipped over and fell down the hill, un-damaged. I flipped the MT5 when I was 16, showing off that my 'ped had a clutch and for some reason I revved it up and let go of the clutch while stood next to it and it flew straight up in the air and even the back wheel left the floor, I smashed both rear indicators tail light and snapped something off the sub-frame that holds the mudguard on and the two stroke bottle developed a leak, that re-sealed itself after a while. Laughing

I keep thinking about getting a TY250, when I say that, I mean convincing my dad to buy a TY250 and allowing me to ride it exclusively, that or an IT200. Laughing

I'm surprised the Gasser doesn't let you ride a gear high. I thought with power-valve and expansion chamber advancements it would be better than the CRM for lugging around in the wrong gear, I can let the revs drop right down to idle, and still open the throttle up without any lurching and stuff, all it does is smooth it out a lot if it's slippy.

I'm not fussed if I have an electric start or not, the only time I had issue with kicker only on my CRM was when I first got it and was used to the torque of the Yam, but I am surprised you've gone through two.

I'm going to have to try and blag a go on a 300, the only one I've rode was 1999 EXC300, but the power-valve wasn't working and felt really weedy and left a bad impression, which I thought was normal at the time. It was quite small though but did perform well.

I can't see the pic. Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1