Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Back on 2 wheels and back to BCF!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:33 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Back on 2 wheels and back to BCF! Reply with quote

Morning, thought i'd do a quick post. I used to come on here almost everyday, read posts, post a few things and just generally enjoy the vibe of BCF Thumbs Up
Late last year the 4 wheel bug got hold of me and i put my bike up for sale, in turn, my visists to the forum stopped Crying or Very sad
The bike in question (doubt anyone will remember it)
First day
https://i.imgur.com/MFgK8B3l.jpg
One of the last days
https://i.imgur.com/GI3Ht3bl.jpg
(With it's replacement)
https://i.imgur.com/YQB5Ftzl.jpg

As of yesterday i got insured on my dads VFR and i'm back in the saddle! Very Happy Didn't know how much i missed it, so i thought i'd get back into the community and get involved again.
Here's the Viffer after a wash and quickwax earlier
https://i.imgur.com/WsHqjpxl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1ripgPnl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nt2txIRl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YE98X3Jl.jpg

Incase anyone cares about cars, here's a few more of the Integra
https://i.imgur.com/vkw3tA8l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iu8M6p6l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kpAzoz4l.jpg

Hope everyone is okay and still enjoying our two wheeled companions Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:37 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the teggy now Cool

Welcome back boss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:29 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
It's all about the teggy now Cool

Welcome back boss.

haha yeah you know Paddy!

Thanks dude
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:07 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, clean VFR you've got the use of there Thumbs Up
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving that V4 goodness.

ginny
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you find the VFR compares to the Hornet?

I've had a break for just over a year, was on a semi faired hornet but shopping for a VFR now Very Happy

Test rode the 2006 version and it felt less throwable but more comfortable that the hornet. Couldn't tell if it felt faster, but certainly more comfortable with high speeds
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 26 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that's a uk spec Teg, and being on an X-plate must make it one of the last uk imports?

It's minty clean though and very very nice! I wish my old Rover would handle more like a DC2 and had a less nose heavy understeery feel.

Thumbs Up anyway to a very interesting, clean and desirable car!

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:37 - 27 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ginny wrote:

I've had a break for just over a year, was on a semi faired hornet but shopping for a VFR now Very Happy

Test rode the 2006 version and it felt less throwable but more comfortable that the hornet. Couldn't tell if it felt faster, but certainly more comfortable with high speeds

If i had the choice, it would be the Hornet all day long. The VFR you could munch more motorway miles on with the fairings eliminating wind and weather, but for the kinda street riding i do it's just too heavy and hard on the wrists. I like a good blast on the street and b-roads and for me the Hornet did it all; quick, flickable, great riding position and you had to be on your toes to keep the engine spinning and get the most out of the bike which i like.
The VFR is a bit more of a lazy bike which isn't my thing. The V4 does sound great and it's an exploitable engine, but it's too heavy for my liking. Does go well though, power all over the place unlike the Hornet.

There was nothing between me and my dad when i was on the Hornet and him on the VFR though.

Don't know about the newer models, but i can definitely vouch for the 1st model. I will have one again one day! And with the Mivv exhaust it sounded awesome Twisted Evil

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:43 - 27 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'm guessing that's a uk spec Teg, and being on an X-plate must make it one of the last uk imports?

It's minty clean though and very very nice! I wish my old Rover would handle more like a DC2 and had a less nose heavy understeery feel.

Thumbs Up anyway to a very interesting, clean and desirable car!

Yep, UKDM teg. Last models were early 2001 i believe, nonetheless mine will have been in the last few hundred produced (October 2000) Thumbs Up

Thanks for the comment dude, appreciate it Smile

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 29 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotorbikerTom wrote:
ginny wrote:

If i had the choice, it would be the Hornet all day long. The VFR you could munch more motorway miles on with the fairings eliminating wind and weather, but for the kinda street riding i do it's just too heavy and hard on the wrists. I like a good blast on the street and b-roads and for me the Hornet did it all; quick, flickable, great riding position and you had to be on your toes to keep the engine spinning and get the most out of the bike which i like.
The VFR is a bit more of a lazy bike which isn't my thing. The V4 does sound great and it's an exploitable engine, but it's too heavy for my liking. Does go well though, power all over the place unlike the Hornet.

There was nothing between me and my dad when i was on the Hornet and him on the VFR though.

Don't know about the newer models, but i can definitely vouch for the 1st model. I will have one again one day! And with the Mivv exhaust it sounded awesome Twisted Evil

Your Hornet looks pretty similar to mine, especially with the Mivv.

I have been looking at something larger as I do the occasional long rides and find the Hornet too cramped. VFR doesn't sound like a good replacement though either.

MotorbikerTom
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:53 - 29 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah fair enough Paddy, i'd say it's definitely less cramped than the Hornet but if you aren't used to the weight being on your wrists (like i'm not yet), then it won't be ideal straight off. But with time i reckon it could suit your needs fine Thumbs Up

I think i'm just still all about the naked bikes, miss my Hornet

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 30 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with firmer suspension and more potent brakes the mk1 Hornet would easily be the best middle weight fun naked before the birth of the Street Triple?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1