Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SOLD Essex: £850 - 2008 YBR125, black, 10k miles, year's MOT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 06 Sep 2015    Post subject: SOLD Essex: £850 - 2008 YBR125, black, 10k miles, year's MOT Reply with quote

**NOW SOLD**

Hi

Selling my wife's YBR 125 as she's given up on riding Sad Have been keeping it for myself but it's just not getting used enough to justify holding on to it. In between the last MOT's is just 300 miles.

Pertinent details:
2008 Fuel Injected model.
5 former keepers.
10,300 miles.
Some service history.
2 keys.
MOT'd yesterday 5th September 2015 with no advisories.

I bought it for her in August 2013 so we've had it just over 2 years. In that time it's covered circa 1200 miles and has been problem free. All but about 50 of those are my miles.

Some pics:
https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0064_zpsjen8gxs5.jpg
https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0066_zpszcyih0od.jpg
https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0069_zpskiil2hd2.jpg

Good bits:
For a learner bike it's not cosmetically challenged - it's a good straight bike
Runs and rides really well

Not so good bits:
It's no show and shine bike but it is solid - there's some minor surface rust on the metals, some minor pitting at the top of the stanchions and forks, and a couple of very light marks on the tank.
Front indicators have had a knock or two in the past and have some tape holding the lenses in.

Whilst the bike does ride well, has passed its MOT and could be ridden away tomorrow no bother - there are some mechanical bits that aren't perfect, so here goes

Mechanically not so good bits:
It needs new rear cush drive rubbers - I have these, genuine Yamaha, and was going to fit them but then I noticed....
It could do with a new chain and sprocket set - they're ok (passed MOT) but reaching end of life / adjustment (£36 from Wemoto)
The electric starter button has stopped working after being stood for a while. Kicks over fine and dandy but no power to starter. I haven't chased this around TBH - but there's a cable tie on the wiring loom to the switch so I'm assuming it's been apart before and the switch has failed (needs ten mins with a multimeter).
Tyres are nearing the end of their life (but again passed MOT fine)

That's as honest as I can be with it.

I'd like £850 for it but open to sensible offers in the ball park Smile

Bike is located in RM17 Thurrock and I could ride to / deliver a reasonable distance from here.

PM me for contact details if interested.

Cheers Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1