Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My new Repsol MSX 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Show & Tell by stinkwheel (24 Sep 2015 - 09:11)
View previous topic : View next topic  

J D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep debating one for these for a commuter but not sure if I'll be too big at 6ft3 and 18 stone. Need to get a test ride booked.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
wots wrote:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/2FF633B7-9E5C-4E0E-B9F1-9A0F14C9E8AE_zps9oabqmmg.jpg

Dem faces. Very Happy

Pretty much has to be in Repsol.

When riding it, it feels like you're on air.. as you can't even see a bit below you Laughing

Carvel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not as small as you think. I'm 5'9 so not a giant but it's not cramped.

The seat to peg ratio isn't far off of a standard road bike. You're just closer to the ground due to the smaller wheels.

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/pigeon35/150913%20-%20Brighton%20Burnup/20150913_102441.resized_zpsktma5okm.jpg

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:29 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvel wrote:
They're not as small as you think.

They're not at that. There's one just moved in round the corner, chained up to an ER5 and it doesn't look ridiculously tiny in comparison, just neat.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger are you going all Repsol then? Thumbs Up

I'd love a Kawasaki KSR80, which if I'm honest does not look as good as the MSX, but an 80cc 12bhp engine sounds full Lolz!

I'm surrounded by too much other old broken Kawasaki shit here though, so it'll probably never happen, and grey import only is a pain for some spares I guess?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:09 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

I do rather covet it. It's a red-un, so pretty fast, but not as fast as Repsol, obviously.

The ER5 is up for sale (saw it on Gumtree, "0 miles away", went for a walk, found bikes behind van) so I might find an excuse to go and have a chat. Whistle

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

I'd love a Kawasaki KSR80, which if I'm honest does not look as good as the MSX, but an 80cc 12bhp engine sounds full Lolz!
I have plans though. 183cc kit. It can push up to 18 BHP reliably. Laughing About £500 all in.
Tonight, even though it was hoofing it down with rain. This happened! Full Yoshi RS9
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Wallace/708F4F79-5456-4C74-9DAA-54CA4B6782E5_zpstsoytfbx.jpg~original

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread may need a NSFW tag on it soon. The more I see of these things the more I want one!

CyrilSwan
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:47 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wots wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

I have plans though. 183cc kit. It can push up to 18 BHP reliably. Laughing About £500 all in.
Tonight, even though it was hoofing it down with rain. This happened! Full Yoshi RS9
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Wallace/708F4F79-5456-4C74-9DAA-54CA4B6782E5_zpstsoytfbx.jpg~original

Are you going takegawa or finbro?

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyrilSwan wrote:
Are you going takegawa or finbro?
Unknown as yet. Also Yuminashi! I've finally got onto Gromlins and seen the deal on there. I don't need an exhaust (obviously), I'm still pondering. I've got time yet as I need a few miles on it. Looking to do it at about 1K

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants a go, more than welcome. Promise the smiles after riding it are legit. It's a proper cheeky chappie. Just wish this had been my first 125. I missed it by about 6 months! Those wider tyres mean you can at least lean on them.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH OHH! Gis a go, Mr!

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy had a go this morning, when he was collecting her majesty. Been such a busy and wet week, first chance I've had to get it out again. Indicators are awful though, the horn and indicators are swapped. So you end up blowing your horn at people every time you go for the indicator.

Fitted K&N Panel then won a full set of Brembos on eBay. Front 4 pot and rear 2 pot complete with braided lines and brackets.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:34 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking sick Laughing absolutely awesome bit of kit for the money. Feels a lot bigger!

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
It's fucking sick Laughing absolutely awesome bit of kit for the money. Feels a lot bigger!
Only those who have ridden it, get it. I think Carvel hit the nail on the head above. It's just like a regular 125 but with smaller wheels. With a bit more poke it will be awesome. I've seen a bike with an upgraded barrel and a turbo on Youtube. Pete! Pete!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the brembo caliper's a bolt on upgrade, or are you making non specific 4pot caliper's fit with adapter plates etc?

The std front brake looks big and impressive compared to the 230mm disc and single pot caliper on my KMX. I won't be keeping this set up with the breathed on 200cc lump slung in, Life is scary enough! Laughing

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brembos, have had brackets made. So bolt on now! The same as my ER-6F, which has 4 pot Brembos on with CNC brackets. The stopping power on that is immense.

I'm actually looking at a better disc as I'm worried I'll warp it! Laughing

Dave500
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:20 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks an awesome little bit of kit! I'll be looking in the local Honda dealer soon lol.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:58 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wots wrote:
Indicators are awful though, the horn and indicators are swapped. So you end up blowing your horn at people every time you go for the indicator.

Tell me about it Laughing had a test ride yesterday and every time I turned a corner I beeped. It was fun and made me smile but its just to small for me to keep, tempted but SWMBO said no room in our inn

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensi5446 wrote:
tempted but SWMBO said no room in our inn
Kick her to the curb!

mrbox
Wonderwall

PostPosted: 22:37 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are tough little bikes Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:40 - 23 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone wanting to come play Pitbike Supermoto - Stretton Circuit Sunday daytime, all welcome - it's a bit North of Peterborough.
Also there's an endurance race the evening before at the same place - if anyone wants to play there, also welcome; but there may be more of a 'competive' atmosphere on track - I'm not worried about winning so no worries for slower riders on my account.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 23 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot's

Just a question here for you then. If your Yam DT125LC2 (full YPVS working) was brand new or in the same condition as your spunky little Repsol fun machine, would you say it would be as good a bike or as much fun?

wots
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 23 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Wot's

Just a question here for you then. If your Yam DT125LC2 (full YPVS working) was brand new or in the same condition as your spunky little Repsol fun machine, would you say it would be as good a bike or as much fun?
I don't think you can compare. A DT with Full YPVS will have more than double the power of this and though heavier, it's not that much heavier. It's very peaky and needs to be ridden to get the best out of it. However, I haven't actually ridden mine. It was broken when it got to me and isn't any better. If I upgrade to 180cc it will still be short of the DT in terms of power. But the MSX will be an easier bike to ride, in terms of engine power delivery. The MSX is a good fun bike to ride around anywhere up to NSL, Dual carriageways get a bit too busy.

Anyway, today I did fit a new Takegawa shock. With the red spring it looks stunning alongside the red trellis. It also got a proper size plate on, but desperately needs a tail tidy. Trying to find one I like!
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Wallace/C0077541-E069-4846-B191-0F5DE7627903_zpstvdfefmi.jpg~original
https://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t525/wotsthestory/Wallace/12676CAC-C01C-414F-8ECF-4F385B280AB3_zpstqrktnvz.jpg~original

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
For anyone wanting to come play Pitbike Supermoto - Stretton Circuit Sunday daytime, all welcome - it's a bit North of Peterborough.
Also there's an endurance race the evening before at the same place - if anyone wants to play there, also welcome; but there may be more of a 'competive' atmosphere on track - I'm not worried about winning so no worries for slower riders on my account.

I think I read somewhere there will be the IMR Corse bikes to look at. Was going to have a ride up there on Sunday if the weather holds and check them out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5