Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Could someone help me with some questions about my zontes?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Leighogan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:06 - 31 May 2015    Post subject: Could someone help me with some questions about my zontes? Reply with quote

Hi, I have a few questions about my zontes tiger 125.
Could anybody tell me what oil it would take (not too sure if all 4 strokes take the same). I can't find any reasonably priced chain and sprockets, does anyone know what other sprockets would fit my bike?
Any tips on getting rusty screws out? I'm using something similar to WD40 on it daily, but still seized up :/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 31 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD40 is a water dispersant with limited lubrication properties. Try something like Plus Gas for a release agent.

At a guess, any 10w40 4 stroke motorcycle oil will be fine, although many on here will say buy Asda's cheapest 10w40 and use that.

No idea about chain and sprockets, sorry.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 31 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

125 will turn good oil shit quickly, doesnt matter what you put in, it should be changed very often.. I put the relatively clean oil from my cbr6 into my 125 after 10k miles.

BodyGuard wrote:
10/40 currently on offer at Halfords should last you a while change it every 1000 miles and change the filter every other oil change.

Not on a 125. Many do not even have proper filters, but those that do, really should be changed every time. Especially as they do not hold much oil to begin with, several have common oil starvation problems, and being air cooled it gets cooked.

Motul 7100 does not cost much more, usually 35quid /gallon on ebay posted.. or 10? quid a liter.

Sprocket are likely to match many other bikes. Yours are likely 428 chain. JT sprockets website allows you to compare sprockets - quite a time consuming task, but it does show the front sprocket spines and rear sprocket bolt pattern. They were very helpful when I emailed (uk distributor I think)

Leighogan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:03 - 31 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the help, I'll get some more oil tomorrow and have a look into getting some better screw de-rusting spray. Cheers for the advice on the sprockets, I wouldn't have a clue what to do about that.
Is there a universal size for oil filters? And where is it located? I think it might have been on the end of the drain plug, but I've never really gone inside an engine before.

Also, I always like to hear peoples opinions on this matter, mineral or semi synthetic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:16 - 31 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest you can find. 10w40 from asda, tesco, whatever. Cheapy mineral oil changed often.

mcgrorybhoy
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:43 - 20 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you able to find a chain and sprocket set as I am having the same issue with trying to get one. A point in the proper direction would be appreciated. Cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1