Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda RCG125 - Spring Project Complete

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

coxy46
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:33 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Honda RCG125 - Spring Project Complete Reply with quote

My 1991 CG125 after a Spring overhaul that I thought might inspire a few DIY'ers...or not (depending on taste!)

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/coxy46/cafe3%20Medium.jpg

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 24 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

You've really put some time and money into that bike! Thumbs Up
I love the way you kept the OEM tank graphics from a std CG and made the rest of the bike and paint blend in with them too.

The only bit I'm not 100% comfortable with is the white wheels and spokes too! Maybe too much white? and white wheels are a brave move on spoked rims in my opinion.

But great Café racer anyway! You Just need to get a CB750 café done in the same colour's now for a big brother bike to that one! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

coxy46
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:31 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too much cost wise.

Total was about probably around £1,500, that includes £500 for the bike.

The white wheels and spokes were risky granted. My options were red , back or white. And seeing that white spoked wheels are rare (think I'll find out the reason why soon enough) I thought it would be different.

It grows on you, unlike the physicality of the bike.

The pictures don't do it justice, it's so small. I'm only 5'7 and 60kg and it is almost too small for me.

But it is also incredibly slim, and with the light weight and excellent steering lock, it's almost an ideal city commuting bike. (plus the stupidly high fuel economy you get).

Just wish it had a bit more get up and go as it makes my SV seem like a Fireblade! Oh and brakes that worked slightly better.

But for what it is, it's a fun little unique commuter / slow Sunday plodding bike that's cheap to run.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1