Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2004 Suzuki SV650S For Sale

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

davidimurray
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:13 - 07 Oct 2015    Post subject: 2004 Suzuki SV650S For Sale Reply with quote

Now on ebay - [/url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/291588247116?[url]

Hello

I am selling my K4 2004 SV650S. I bought this bike back in 2007 with 8.5k miles on the clock. I used it for 12 months to commute from the outskirts of Cardiff to the city centre (only a 10 mile round trip) before I got a new job in late 2008 where I changed back to using my car to commute keeping the SV just for fun.

WhenI purchased it, the bike came fitted with the Remus Revolution can, original Suzuki rear hugger and Suzuki lower fairings. I added a double bubble screen when I first bought the bike and then in Feb 2014 decided it was time to treat the bike to some upgrades. The full spec is detailed below but the key bits are –

Thorough service with new fluids and filters throughout, new DID gold chain and front/rear sprockets, spark plugs etc.

Major suspension upgrade – I replaced the original Suzuki springs with K-tech linear springs, debrix emulators (these simulate much more expensive cartridge type forks) and fresh fork oil. At the rear the original SV shock has been replaced with a GSXR1000 rear shock. These mods have transformed the way the bike handles and fills you with confidence. The front end rides the bumps really well but doesn’t dive like the original SV setup under braking.

To complement the suspension setup the front brakes have been fitted with new braided hoses and EBC HH pads.

There are a few small cosmetic issues with the bike – firstly, there are some scratches on the right hand side lower fairing, these have been there since I bought the bike and are from where the original owner caught it on a low bush getting it in and out of his garden. There is also a scratch on the right hand side rear fairing where the postman threw a heavy parcel over the fence and it glanced the bike.

Since doing all these upgrades/work I’ve only done 300miles on the bike, mileage is currently just over 13k. Due to a new job I barely have any time to ride her and it’s a shame to see her go to waste so I’ve decided to pass her on to someone who can really enjoy her. I will be really sad to see her go.

Currently has just run out of MOT, but is booked in for the test on Monday 12th so will come with a full 12 month MOT.

Looking for £1800, located just outside Cardiff, 5 min off J34.

Lots of photos here - [/url]https://s903.photobucket.com/user/davidimurray/library/SV650S[url]

Viewings welcome, either send me a message or email at davidimurray@hotmail.com

Full Spec
Suzuki Lower fairings & rear hugger
Solo seat conversion and pillion handle infill pieces included (not shown)
Braided Front brake lines + new EBC HH Pads + Rebuilt calipers with new seals
Front suspension overhauled, Ktech Linear fork springs fitted (8.5N/mm), Debrix emulators (imported from the USA), new dust seals and protectors and new fork oil fitted, Fork legs repainted and lacquered.
Steering head bearings changed for new roller bearings, along with new dust seals. Triple clamps stripped, repainted and lacquered
Double bubble screen fitted
Set of machined mirror extenders fitted (https://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/mirror_spacers/k3sv-mirror_spacers.htm)
R6 quick acting throttle tube
Airbox de-snorkeled and new air filter fitted (snorkel included)
Cooling system cleaned and flushed, new anti freeze.
Cam chains checked, valve clearance checked and all in-spec
New iridium spark plugs fitted
TPS set and throttle bodies balanced.
Oil and filter changed
Oil cooler and water radiator removed, matrixes cleaned and repainted.
Smart aTRE fitted for improved torque in lower gears. Automatic unit that operates only when in gear so does not affect the bike starting – Imported from the USA (https://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95450)
GSXR 1000 rear shock fitted
All rear suspension bushes checked and greased.
New DID Gold X-ring rear chain and new front and rear sprockets
Rear mudguard removed and tail tidy fitted.
Clear arrow indicators front and rear.
Remus Revolution silencer
Front tyre 2.9mm of tread remaining, Rear Tyre 3.1mm of tread remaining.
Paddock stand bobbins fitted

[/url]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/291588247116?[url][/url]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 175 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1