Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda 650 - Practical & accordable winter commuter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

instigator.
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:13 - 08 Oct 2015    Post subject: Honda 650 - Practical & accordable winter commuter Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently entertaining the idea of selling my very trusty, comfortable, reliable, economical and practical Honda Deauville.

Its a 2001 in deep red colour. Just under 16k miles on the clock at the moment so very low mileage for one of these.

It's fairly standard with the exception of a very high touring screen, back top box (to go with the built in panniers) and heated grips. Everything else is standard on it.

It's in very good condition I would say - paintwork has minimal surface scratches. Top Box is Givi, 48L I think so takes my helmet, jacket and trousers. Your boots can fit into one pannier which leaves the other one free for anything else.

Starts, runs and rides very well. Had it for about 3-4 months. No real need to sell other than perhaps wanting to replace it with a Pan European. If it doesn't sell, I'm really not that bothered.

Comes with V5c, 2 keys, topbox has two keys and the ignition key does the panniers and fuel cap as you would expect. Plenty of service history and previous MOT's to back up the mileage. Last service was 2k ago. Haynes Manual supplied. Consumables are all OK although it has been used for commuting to tyres probably don't see many real corners. Handles great anyway. There is some corrosion present on the engine block, front downpipe and on the shaft drive but nothing major at all and the bike looks great. This is just in the normal areas that you would find it on a Deauville.

Price is £1250, no offers please. Take a look at what 2001 Deauvilles go for and you'll realise this one is QUITE cheap (as are all of my sales normally). That is if you can find one comparable - they all tend to have high mileage considering they have a damn good reputation for reliability and are good choice for commuters/couriers.

Am in London next week (on the bike) so it'll be down in Croydon area.

Any questions, please PM me or post them up here. Really bad photo is here; https://goo.gl/photos/ZTeUjpPDQWmnCYLN9

If you are seriously interested, let me know and I can get more. My excuse for not having good photos is well... it's a Honda Deauville. I didn't buy it for it's aesthetics, I bought it for it's reputation!!

Thanks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1