BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sepang GP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:28 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Sepang GP Reply with quote

Seeing Lorenzo try to enter parc ferme was worth the early morning. He was stopped, stalled it, then was pushed limply back to his garage whilst the crowd were cheering and you could see him ranting under his helmet.

He has a similar pace to Vale so it should be a close race between the Yamahas tomorrow.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would've thought that the 'axe murderers' of Moto2 would be the well behaved ones during quali.

Kent has a 3 place grid penalty...and did you see that group follow him through pitlane..no wonder he's pissed off. Hope he keeps his shed together or he could fuck it all up.

Rossi's mind games made him look silly.. 'I even think he never had a poster on his wall of me'.
Shut up you silly old fool and get on with it.

Yep, should be another good one so long as that smog doesn't get worse..can hardly see down the straights as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:01 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a qualifying session lorenzo not impressed

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Rossi took 3rd place on the grid by himself, not following anyone which will fuck Lorenzo off even more.
I have a feeling someones bottle is going to crash tomorrow and that will be the championship. Lorenzo MUST beat Rossi tomorrow otherwise he'll have to win in Valencia and for Rossi to be miles off the pace which is unlikely, i'd say more pressure was on Lorenzo.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent playing silly buggers with himself! Rolling Eyes
It's his championsip to lose, but as long as he finishes 15 points or less from Olivera he wins the ceegar!

Rossi getting into everyone's head and bingo out qualifies J Lo, no interview for you sonny! Laughing

Predictions for the races:-
MotoGP
Honda 1 & 2, a lot depends on the weather and if they can save their front tyres. Yamahas 3 & 4, Crutchlow or Iannone could spoil Yamaha's day though, which would play into Rossi's hands.

Moto2 & Moto3
No idea whatsoever but I think Kent will wrap it up!

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 24 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the races are as good as qualifying it will be spectacular. HeHe bet Lorenzo didn't laugh that one off.
Come on Danny, would love to see him win it and be the first Brit since Sheene to do it.

OGR

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:37 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

moto 3 is worth a watch. Gutted for Danny. Brad Binder rode a great race to ensure Olivera took the win.

Moto 2 was dull as dishwater until 2 laps to go.

MotoGP off in a bit. Here's hoping to a good one.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:54 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. There is no emoji to sufficiently convey how I feel about that race.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe what I just watched. Echoes of Schumacher and Senna's bad sides. Pedrobot rode a good race, as did Lorenzo, but WTF?

OGR

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:07 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was naughty. Obviously Dorna will take Marquez's side because he's Spanish, plus it was very obvious and potentially dangerous. However, Marquez was being deliberately antagonising (and dangerous).

On Twitter Bayliss has been neutral and said they wouldn't have lasted the whole race anyway. Josh Brookes has basically said he would have done the same, and Rossi gave him warnings.

I think this will be points deducted and the championship pretty much over.

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
That was naughty. Obviously Dorna will take Marquez's side because he's Spanish, plus it was very obvious and potentially dangerous. However, Marquez was being deliberately antagonising (and dangerous).

On Twitter Bayliss has been neutral and said they wouldn't have lasted the whole race anyway. Josh Brookes has basically said he would have done the same, and Rossi gave him warnings.

I think this will be points deducted and the championship pretty much over.

To me it was deliberate of Marquez to make it an easy pass for Lorenzo and then make some pretty aggressive overtakes on Rossi which is only going to do one thing and cost them both time to the riders in front, in any other race Marquez would sit behind for a few laps and analyze Rossi's riding and then make a pass to make it stick.
I can't see race direction make any decision other than to DQ Rossi from that race.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 penalty points on his licence and starts from the back of the grid. Not sure how I feel about that, I was expecting a DQ.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that from the outside angle Rossi didnt know what part of MM`s bike he was lifting off him,
Toss land kept saying that Rossi was looking at MM when he lifted his knee away, that is a lie, Rossi was looking ahead and IMO was doing what is natural if you feel a bike lent on you, he certainly didnt kick out either as was first said,

Now, why were they both that far out towards the edge of the track . . that was all Rossi making a point, but was that in itself dangerous, again I don`t think but it certainly isn't sporting,

MM was being a prize tool and Rossi let him know he was aware of it,

MM lent on Rossi and came off worse,

No kittens were killed bringing you my opinion.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
I have to say that from the outside angle Rossi didnt know what part of MM`s bike he was lifting off him,
Toss land kept saying that Rossi was looking at MM when he lifted his knee away, that is a lie, Rossi was looking ahead and IMO was doing what is natural if you feel a bike lent on you, he certainly didnt kick out either as was first said,

Now, why were they both that far out towards the edge of the track . . that was all Rossi making a point, but was that in itself dangerous, again I don`t think but it certainly isn't sporting,

MM was being a prize tool and Rossi let him know he was aware of it,

MM lent on Rossi and came off worse,

No kittens were killed bringing you my opinion.

He would never have needed to lift MM off him if he hadn't slowed down, stood him up and run him out wide.

Yes MM was being aggressive but Rossi was being a dick; you don't look left going into a right hander three times when your knee is a foot off the deck.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:12 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was initially frustrated for Rossi the way Marquez was riding around him.
Running people out wide is part of racing but running them so far out that they've got to go off the track or stop completely to get back on the track is too much. The knee out probably wasn't as intentional as it looked but as Rossi had created the whole situation it didn't look good.

When Marquez was supposedly intentionally holding Rossi up in Phillip Island, I remember he was infront at one point and actually tapped on the back of his bike to signal to Rossi stay behind and I'll pull you up to the riders infront. It Didn't matter as Iannone passed them just afterward but doesn't really seem like part of a masterplan to let Lorenzo win the title.

Either way Rossi now really needs at least a couple of riders to beat Lorenzo in Velencia, it's unlikely to be Rossi and I have a feeling Marquez might be off the pace that weekend now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said above, no need to go that slow or that far off line and the 2 or 3 times look before and during just makes it look worse and then the backward glance. Sure there's some close overtaking but that's the point of racing.

Is Marquez supposed to just Rossi past and clear off .... I do hope not otherwise this turns into F1. He'd already shaken his fist at him before this incident.

Rossi as the 'GOAT' has enough bike control to know what he's doing, I don't think that knee was an accident but how much of it was malice is only something Rossi knows ..... i doubt Marquez will give him a single inch from here on in.

That Rossi got the same penalty as Barbera ..... if i was Lorenzo and Marquez, i'd complain too. Even Lorenzo came out and said it was deliberate and he's a man that knows what's what out there.

Hey ho - gpood race by Lorenzo and Pedrosa though!

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
As said above, no need to go that slow or that far off line and the 2 or 3 times look before and during just makes it look worse and then the backward glance. Sure there's some close overtaking but that's the point of racing.

Is Marquez supposed to just Rossi past and clear off .... I do hope not otherwise this turns into F1. He'd already shaken his fist at him before this incident.

Rossi as the 'GOAT' has enough bike control to know what he's doing, I don't think that knee was an accident but how much of it was malice is only something Rossi knows ..... i doubt Marquez will give him a single inch from here on in.

That Rossi got the same penalty as Barbera ..... if i was Lorenzo and Marquez, i'd complain too. Even Lorenzo came out and said it was deliberate and he's a man that knows what's what out there.

Hey ho - gpood race by Lorenzo and Pedrosa though!

I questioned that as well about Barbera, I asked David Emmett on Twitter (Motomatters) and he said it was an accumulation of points for Barbera.

Real shame that some great performances by Pedrosa, Smith in particular and Bradl were totally overshadowed.

Casey Stoner put it quite well when he said anyone else would have got a black flag or ride through, and we wouldn't be having this debate.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup ... it does seem that Lorenzo / Pedrosa wins are always overshadowed by something their team mate(s) did or were involved in.

People forget that in his career, Rossi has done his fair share of dirty moves and as for the outburst post Philip Island and all that followed that, god knows where that came from!

Shame as up until the off today, there was some real close racing going on and irrespective of how Rossi might feel about it ... it makes for good viewing - methinks he wants No.10 just a little too badly and he has forgotten he's still got to fight his way to the front to get it which is exactly what he would do if the boot was on the other foot.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

!

Rossi got 3 penalty points for the accident, Barbera only got 1 for his crash in warm up, its just that he already had 3 others from earlier incidents.

From a neutral spectators point of view the penalty given is the best possible outcome as the title fight at Velencia is still on and it creates and interesting situation. Disqualifying Rossi from either race would have effectively ended the season and pissed a lot of people off, sponsors and what not.

I like Lorenzo as a racer but like they were saying on TV he really has zero PR skills, why was he even in the race direction meeting when he wasn't involved. Should just be sitting back looking smug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its clear why jl is so unliked, hes basically been handed the championship and still complains

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Vale you cock.
Sete and Stoner et al have all fallen foul of the same red mist maneuvers and will be wrapping up boxes of chocolates for MM as I type.
https://youtu.be/_2DiV26-jqs

Provoked or not Rossi is a bellend and doesn't deserve a 10th title (this year).

Tasty overtakes though. Very Happy

Kent also a nobend for not keeping his head down regardless of what's going on behind him. Just fucking do what you've been doing for most of the season you tit-head.

Yeah! Loving this season. Thumbs Up Smile

[edit]
Appeal lost, and Rossi will have 3 points, and start from the back of the grid at Valencia.

...and this just in. Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/FFFF9273DF1089965304467066880_1f33fa7cc5d.3.1.mp4?versionId=SbYBvIGTJWqWLmF2bzkQ0w5lHa4bFw.L
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:31 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this to Huewen After his statement about disqualification Laughing

https://twitter.com/TriumphChris/status/658269431324385280

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKqmRXWwAAkuQP.jpg:large

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting aside who did what, I feel like I've been cheated out of an amazing championship finale.
I know Race Direction had some very difficult descisions to make but the championship has been decided off the track rather than on it.

You also have to wonder whether or not a precedent has been set, with Race Direction saying:-

Quote:
Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules.

If this is truly what Race Direction believe surely they're bringing their own sport into direpute!
In this case, MM seemed to be a second a lap slower than DP & JL yet managed to find the pace to pass and repass VR.

Not really much point in watching the final round now, is there?

Anyway, it seems obvious that JLo went to the same, "Grumpy Pants", charm school as that, contiually whining, pillock Lewis Hamilton.

OI, KENT SORT YOURSELF OUT!

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:46 - 25 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of the Lorenzo overtake under yellow flags?

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSJuDX8UcAAZMX-.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Wafer_Thin_Ham on 17:51 - 25 Oct 2015; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4