Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sepang GP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

One man isn't bigger than the sport. Reversing a penalty on the basis of "oooh but we've been robbed of a championship" calls into the integrity of the sport. However much Marquez antagonised Rossi, Rossi is still in the wrong and deserves a penalty. Marquez had every right to race for position. Should he have let Rossi by? No.

This whole episode is an ugly bit of fanboi-ism.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fangrrrrrl actually!

I don't agree that its "ugly" anything. There is a genuine belief among numerous fans of all shades that Rossi did not unseat MM deliberately.

Obviously a petition is not going to change anything, however it does give an indication of the strength of feeling that Race Direction got this wrong.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Fangrrrrrl actually!

I don't agree that its "ugly" anything. There is a genuine belief among numerous fans of all shades that Rossi did not unseat MM deliberately.

Obviously a petition is not going to change anything, however it does give an indication of the strength of feeling that Race Direction got this wrong.

I for one don`t think Rossi kicked out to dismount MM in any way as I have already said,
I think MM was his own worst enemy, there was track left for MM to ride on, just not the line he wanted, tough, get on with it, why did he tip the bike back in ?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest guys...
Rossi starting from the back of the grid isn't really that much of a penalty.

He'll be at the front before lap 10.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLaUTGAQYGs

Watch it again, if ( as he claims ) his issue was about being held up / losing JL and DP into the distance, why did he roll so far off the throttle and go SO far off the racing line ( losing more and more of the precious seconds he claims MM had stolen ) for any other reason than to force confrontation.

That MM came off is almost irrelevant.

Sad case of self importance and a loss of self control and all the signatures from all the fans in the world won't alter it.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLaUTGAQYGs

Watch it again, if ( as he claims ) his issue was about being held up / losing JL and DP into the distance, why did he roll so far off the throttle and go SO far off the racing line ( losing more and more of the precious seconds he claims MM had stolen ) for any other reason than to force confrontation.

That MM came off is almost irrelevant.

Sad case of self importance and a loss of self control and all the signatures from all the fans in the world won't alter it.

This, absolutely this. As said before, the nudge with the knee may have been instinctive. It doesn't matter - Race Direction agree as they can't prove it either way.

What matters is the slowing down deliberately, looking left three times and taking an unusually wide line, forcing him off. The intent to do something was there - and it ended with Marquez on the deck.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
. Marc Marquez in Moto2 was borderline disgraceful.
They're as ruthless as each other and the sport is better for it.
Rubbing is racing. FTFW!

Exactly! They are both tough racers and we've seen plenty of examples over the years.
Running people out wide happens all the time (look at the first corner in the Americas F1 race), it's part of racing. Just because Rossi made such an exaggerated slow down it's got people ruffled.

I thought VR deliberately kicked him off until I saw the slow mo vids.
He's not even looking at MM when MM hits his leg and VR thrusts his knee out instinctively.
When racers get close, the elbows come out, the knees come out to push opponents off. Standard.

It was a racing incident imo. I have no axe to grind. I've loved watching Rossi from 250's onwards and I've loved watching Marc do incredible things on a bike that seem to defy physics.

Depending on what happens during Valencia it may well be the most incredible ending to a good season. Or a complete damp squib due to poor decisions by Rossi and (imo) Race Direction.

Fingers crossed it's a good one!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Valencia Lin Jarvis has introduced a technical upgrade for Rossi.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSRDRejWUAAvdI4.jpg:large
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
It started with some of the most incredible racing we've seen in MotoGP. The red mist descended and blood boiled. It was incredible to watch. And then disbelief. Yes it was likely to end in tears, but not a deliberate punt off the track.

At the time I was in shock, we all sat round the TV with jaws on the floor.
It looked 100% Rossi's fault and that was my opinion.

But having seen the slow mo vids I've changed my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKiMMANG5fU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OQHxY2ibe8

Yes Rossi ran him out wide, but it happens in racing all the time. Everyone enjoys a "tough battle".
Marc had options to cutback but chose not to.

The main issue for me was the leg, I was sure Rossi kicked him off. But the replays don't show that.

They show Marc hitting Vale's leg (VR's leg moves inwards on his own bike as he has been hit by Marc). Then VR instinctively shoved his knee out.
VR is facing forward at the time he shoved his knee out. If it was deliberate, he would not have known how close Marc was, the only reason he knew was the impact.

I've gone from thinking Rossi is 100% to blame, to now thinking he's been robbed of a championship.

Of course as others have said, if he'd not run Marc off the track it would not have happened.

The unwritten rule that riders don't get involved in championship battles they are not in, I'm open either way on this point. I don't know if Marc was deliberately slowing in places in this or Philip Island, although Race Direction have confirmed that he was.

I agree.

First impressions were "Rossi, you bellend! What are you playing at?"

Then when you look at the slo-mo it's clear Rossi gives Marquez the option to back down or crash, then Marquez clearly leans again (see his helmet dip and him lean in again) further into Rossi taking his leg off the pegs. What looked like a kick was actually his leg being yanked away.

Marquez was second favourite in that corner but I guess some people never know when they're beaten. All year we've been saying at work that Marq is a bit of a liability and takes the fairing bashing too far.

Now I think he's decided the Championship. Cock.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 26 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Marquez was second favourite in that corner but I guess some people never know when they're beaten. All year we've been saying at work that Marq is a bit of a liability and takes the fairing bashing too far.

Now I think he's decided the Championship. Cock.

It was Rossi's choice to go out wide, not Marc's. Rossi could have kept his head down and focused on getting away rather than playing games but he chose not to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robs321
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:17 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should sort it out like the speedway boys do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpr2UC32Xok

No penalties for this, just get on with the racing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

It was Rossi's choice to go out wide, not Marc's. Rossi could have kept his head down and focused on getting away rather than playing games but he chose not to.

I think Marq's problem is he never knows how to back down. A bit like Simoncelli in that respect. I think he also let Rossi's comments in the media (about how Marq was just spoiling his chances) get the better of him.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
The Artist wrote:

I think Marq's problem is he never knows how to back down. A bit like Simoncelli in that respect. I think he also let Rossi's comments in the media (about how Marq was just spoiling his chances) get the better of him.

I don't care, and no one else should because he didn't break any rules and that is all that really matters unless you are just talking about peoples opinions of riders personalities.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

I don't care, and no one else should because he didn't break any rules and that is all that really matters unless you are just talking about peoples opinions of riders personalities.

Of course I care because it's most likely decided the Championship.

Which is the point of riding around in circles. Rolling Eyes

MM can't go around trying to spoil another riders' chances without expecting retaliation. It was clear to me, and more importantly race direction, that MM was spoiling the party and being an annoyance.

Not against the rules, granted. Poor sportsmanship? Personal grievance? I'd say so.

But to cry about it to race control when MM has been guilty of riding like that all year, and that MM initiated the contact that made him crash, just seems a little poor in my opinion.

Is winning everything? Or is how you win important also?

Thinking

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-unsure-if-he-will-race-in-valencia-motogp-decider/

Valentino Rossi has admitted he is unsure if he will choose to participate in the MotoGP title decider at Valencia in two weeks’ time in the wake of his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-unsure-if-he-will-race-in-valencia-motogp-decider/

Valentino Rossi has admitted he is unsure if he will choose to participate in the MotoGP title decider at Valencia in two weeks’ time in the wake of his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang.

He will be racing in Valencia 100%. This is just media nonsense.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Of course I care because it's most likely decided the Championship.

Well who's fault is that? If you are going to say MM, then you might be a bit deluded.

Kris wrote:

Is winning everything? Or is how you win important also?

Thinking

For them and for the sport, winning IS everything. How you win may just affect how fans see you as a person etc.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll ride, this is all marketing.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:46 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What next should mid table football teams let the top boys win 'for the championship'?

Everyone out there on a competitive bike should be going for the win, if they don;t they have no place on the track.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:48 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has been Rossi's best result from starting at the back of the grid?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this on crash.net

Quote:
In Valencia, perhaps Rossi should wait at the startline for the field to reappear and screw up Lorenzo's race and reverse him into zero points. Apparently it isn't against the rules.

Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:

With a potential flounce like that, has he been assimilated by Pol' anorl ......

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Grazie a tutti per il fantastico supporto,leggervi mi ha aiutato a superare amarezza e incazzatura.
Da oggi si lavora per Valencia.

Ta 4 support c u at valencia.

For racing stats you need to ask Dr Raines.

Here's the permutations

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSPhBDPWwAAS504.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
He'll ride, this is all marketing.

Of course he'll ride, if JLo falls off VR can DNF and still win the championship.

The other permutations are:-

Obviously, if VR finishes ahead of JLo it's a done deal.

If JLo finishes first, VR would need to finish in second to win the championship, (unlikely)!
If JLo finishes second VR must finish in third to win the championship, a fourth place would see JLo win on race wins, (still unlikely)!

This is where it gets interesting, if JLo finishes third, VR can afford to finish in sixth, (which is not beyond the realms of possibility), and win the championship.
If JLo were to finish fourth VR only needs to finish in ninth, and so on!

As I see it JLo must finish on the podium to win, (assuming he doesn't succomb to enemy fire from a Ducati torpedo in turn 1 Wink ), it's imperative he stays upright!

I'm guessing JLo is praying, very hard, it doesn't rain!

I can see it now JLo DNF'ing and VR wheelying around for the whole race! Laughing

There's an interesting article here, summing up the weekend's shenanigans, it's a bit long but worth a read :-

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/27/2015_sepang_motogp_round_up_heroes_who_h.html

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Son of a ... bambino shit, you pay me. This is not I'll never forgive you

Exclamation

https://www.telecinco.es/motogp/temporada-2015/Rossi-Marquez-Sepang-Bambino-perdonare_0_2074275119.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSWDY2FWwAAq_D4.jpg:large
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4