BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Valencia GP (SPOILER ALERT)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clear air is not much risk. He lost 8 seconds over the remaining 18 laps with no traffic to slow him down. 0.44 sec slower per lap. I did think he might maintain the 12s gap or even close it a little. Nope Laughing

Lorenzo/Marquez/Stoner race pace is faster than Rossi's qualify pace, and its consistently always been like that..

Remember Lorenzo messed up the start of the season, and Honda screwed up the bikes. If they get it right next season.. (unlikely... too much change..) then I predict Rossi to be about 7th.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:03 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi had good pace in fp2 I think it was, 2nd fastest behind the maniac, now had he started from quali position 2nd row start I believe he could have got away with the front 3... Whether or not he could keep up the pace no one would know but anyone who's done a bit of trackdaying or racing will tell you a faster rider in front and you up your game... Donkey and a carrot so to speak. Again only rossi can say how much tyre he used up getting to the front compared to if he was with the leads all along. Next year will certainly be interesting all the changes strong bikes from both Suzuki and Ducati, satellite riders in with a shout of podiums etc as well as the usual contenders. Going to be exciting. Nothing but speculation and rumours but some reckon Lorenzo to Honda and ped to Yamaha after this years antics. Will wait and see

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Rossi had good pace in fp2 I think it was, 2nd fastest behind the maniac, now had he started from quali position 2nd row start I believe he could have got away with the front 3... Whether or not he could keep up the pace no one would know but anyone who's done a bit of trackdaying or racing will tell you a faster rider in front and you up your game... Donkey and a carrot so to speak. Again only rossi can say how much tyre he used up getting to the front compared to if he was with the leads all along. Next year will certainly be interesting all the changes strong bikes from both Suzuki and Ducati, satellite riders in with a shout of podiums etc as well as the usual contenders. Going to be exciting. Nothing but speculation and rumours but some reckon Lorenzo to Honda and ped to Yamaha after this years antics. Will wait and see

Some reckon? Sauce please - the Yamaha suits JLo's style, he's the opposite of Marquez.

Rossi might have used up some tyres but the other three were well ahead and FP2 doesn't count for much. I think they'd have gapped him, but perhaps not by as much, 12 seconds is an age in racing.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:28 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Clear air is not much risk. He lost 8 seconds over the remaining 18 laps with no traffic to slow him down. 0.44 sec slower per lap. I did think he might maintain the 12s gap or even close it a little. Nope Laughing

Clear air at over half a second faster than the leaders would have been risky - you're pushing the very limit

So if he'd have gone for it and dropped it, and Lorenzo got passed anyway, what would you have said?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:11 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's purely speculation and rumours, Yamaha were supposively not happy at how jl reacted in sepang. Not sure if true or not. Would love to see pedrosa on a Yamaha after his form Recently.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see a swap happening with JL and Pedrosa, why would Honda want somebody who has caused previous PR issues and why would Yamaha want to swap a 5 time world championship winner for somebody who has yet to win a GP title?

If Lorenzo goes and Yamaha can't pinch somebody from another factory team then I reckon they'd go for one of the tec 3 guys, I'd like to think Smith, but given they already have a direct contact with a Pol I could see it going that way.

I don't see Lorenzo wanting to go either, Rossi won't be signed again at the end of next year, Lorenzo has to put up with sharing for one final year and then he'll be top dog in the Yamaha pit.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:46 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of very knowledgeable people have said pedrosa would have at least 1 world championship by now had he been riding a Yamaha... All just silly season rumours but gives us all something to chat about

Liam_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:

Lorenzo/Marquez/Stoner race pace is faster than Rossi's qualify pace, and its consistently always been like that..

Remember Lorenzo messed up the start of the season, and Honda screwed up the bikes. If they get it right next season.. (unlikely... too much change..) then I predict Rossi to be about 7th.

By the time he got to 4th the top 3 were in front by +7secs, why would he push only to match there pace and run the risk of crashing?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think he's got it in him to win a championship, but I'd be surprised if he has more than 3 more decent years in him in terms of factory career length, I can't see him taking the gamble and moving away from what he knows with Honda.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
I dont see a swap happening with JL and Pedrosa, why would Honda want somebody who has caused previous PR issues and why would Yamaha want to swap a 5 time world championship winner for somebody who has yet to win a GP title?

If Lorenzo goes and Yamaha can't pinch somebody from another factory team then I reckon they'd go for one of the tec 3 guys, I'd like to think Smith, but given they already have a direct contact with a Pol I could see it going that way.

I don't see Lorenzo wanting to go either, Rossi won't be signed again at the end of next year, Lorenzo has to put up with sharing for one final year and then he'll be top dog in the Yamaha pit.

Early evidence suggests the Michelins seem to suit Asparagus sadly, of everyone he was looking forward to them the most.

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, there is talk of Stoner returning to the GP... possibly only as a wildcard for Ducati at some point. But who knows.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:43 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much been confirmed but Ducati can't admit until his contract is out at end of the year. Heard he wasn't happy because hrc wouldn't let him wildcard while pedrosa was injured
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

I haven't taken to Oxley over the years (says more about me than him I suspect). But that article was beautiful!

Bookmarked it so in 10 years time I can read it again while an ageing Marquez is getting harassed by some new whipper-snapper cheered on by the head of DORMA......VR46
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5