Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Valencia GP (SPOILER ALERT)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:31 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: motogp Reply with quote

Vale was only a contender for the title this year because the Hondas were off the pace at the start of the season and Pedrosa missed a few races for his operation,
Next year Rossi won't stand a chance he'll be well beaten by his team mate and the Hondas

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MM was protecting JL which it did look like he was staying behind him, then I would have done the same.

VR pissed MM off and he fucked him up, VRs fault for it, he should have stayed professional in that press conference.

Did expect JL to give it away toward the end as he's done a few times before when he's killed the tyre.

Shame for VR not to get the 10 world titles, still wanted JL to win as I have done all season, love a pantomime villain.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

t121anf wrote:
If MM was protecting JL which it did look like he was staying behind him, then I would have done the same.

VR pissed MM off and he fucked him up, VRs fault for it, he should have stayed professional in that press conference.

Did expect JL to give it away toward the end as he's done a few times before when he's killed the tyre.

Shame for VR not to get the 10 world titles, still wanted JL to win as I have done all season, love a pantomime villain.

Agree with all of this. Even if MM was riding shotgun for JLo* this was all started by Vale's comments in the press conference. He tried to play mind games with someone who, unlike his other rivals in championship winning seasons, has race craft as good as his. The Phillip Island comments about MM are ridiculous, given MM actually won the bloody race and his quiet word with Dani after Aragon was a bit silly too - its almost as if he wasn't expecting Dani to put up any resistance.

It's a shame JLo is a walking PR disaster. Hes rode faultless all year and won 6 races, its his off track antics that have marked him out as a total bell.

All that said MM is a total shit.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Such passion doesn't stop me being correct.
Rossi is still very much fast enough to fight another year.

Yup .... but he needs to fight it on the track, not with loose lipped PR rubbish.

Too much bawwing cos he thought it was his and that he somehow deserved it.

He didn't get anywhere near the pace of the front runners, by the end, he was 19 seconds off up from 11 when he first got through to 4th.

What he should be saying is 'Well done Lorenzo' who rode superbly.
cartoon head This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It made for an interesting race. It was nice to see VR carve through the pack, some made it easy, some did not. It showed all his time spent at Ducati hasn't dimmed his ability to spot an overtake.

For the most part, I enjoy watching both MM and VR race. I also agree that VR lost this at Sepang when he lost his cool. Or perhaps he lost it before when he let the idea that MM was messing with him take control.

Two weeks ago MM was more than happy to break the un-written rule pass / re-pass, bash fairings with a title contender on a Yamaha M1
This week he did not. As the laps unfolded it seemed obvious he was deliberately holding back. His motives may simply have been a change of mindeset while Sepang is fresh in the mind.
Or he may have wanted to help out a fellow Spaniard, and/or add another blow to VR.

Whatever the reason(s), it possibly could have been different if VR didn't mouth off at press conferences and had kept a cool head.

I wonder if it goes back further to that chicane + gravel trap incident a while back where MM felt VR deliberately / aggressively took the racing line knowing he would bounce off MM and be able to blame MM.
I definitely think MM might have changed his feelings towards VR at that time.

JL won the most races, broke the lap record, got the most poles and is world champ.
He seemed like a decent guy, but trying to get involved in legal wranglings over Sepang wasn't cool. His celebrations are far too try hard. Other than that though, seems like a nice guy.
He's a bit of a dull rider these days, but that's probably because he's figured out it's safer / easier to get pole and be consistent from the front.

2015 - Cracking year for MotoGP, shame the ego's took precedence over the talent at the end.
Mega congrats to Danny Kent, typical Brit, took a comfortable position and slowly turned it into an uncomfortable one and then ran us through the mill right to the end Smile
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScottT
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:54 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
was more than happy to break the un-written rule pass / re-pass, bash fairings with a title contender

Does this 'unwritten rule' about battling with championship contenders only apply in Moto GP?
I ask because the riders in Moto 2 & 3 pay no attention what so ever to it!

Perhaps it should be made a rule then! No one is to race against title contenders, then next year we can have Rossi, MM & JL all on the front row and given a 10second head start so no one can pass/repass title contenders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about all the riders who didn't 'race' Rossi when he was coming through the pack? Can't hear anyone giving them stick.
None of Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo did themselves or the sport any favours to my mind for different reasons. It all smacked of F1 where ego is the most important thing and it spoiled what could have been the greatest season ever for a lot of people.
In the end the record books will show Lorenzo was the champion, maybe he deserved it with most wins, fastest laps etc but I hope it isn't remembered as the season when top level bike racing succumbed to political bullshit, rider ego, cheating and races and championships being settled in court instead of on a track.
RIP Moto GP.

OGR

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottT wrote:
next year we can have Rossi, MM & JL all on the front row and given a 10second head start so no one can pass/repass title contenders.

Err, effectively, that's what happens anyway, the same 5 or 6 six riders occupy the front two rows every GP.

Things could change next year with the different tyres, I personally doubt it, but another manufacturer might start making inroads into the, current, Yamaha, Honda, dominance!

Behind the scenes I think MM will have had a severe bollocking from Mr Honda!
From what I've seen and heard, Honda wanted a one two finish in Valencia, they could have had it but MM made damn sure DP, who was way faster, couldn't get past and didn't even attempt a pass on JLo.

Historically, Mr Honda hasn't taken kindly to their riders disobeying orders.
MM needs to get his, cringeworthy, "competitive Dad" out of the garage, he also needs to remember that Honda bribed Dorna to change the rules so he could ride in MotoGP, on what was the best bike at the time. Mr Honda giveth and can also take away!

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:31 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossi got to 4th on the 12th of 30 laps. 12 seconds behind Lorenzo, track to himself... 18 laps left. He finished 20 seconds down.... Laughing He will never be able to match the pace of Lorenzo.

Mr Honda is very happy that if Yamaha was going to win the championship, it was not Rossi.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:50 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battling through a grid uses a lot of tyre life up, and Rossi's bike was set up for lots of overtaking (different brakes and suspension settings) rather than outright speed judging by an article I read pre-race.

I suspect you're correct that he might still have been fourth, but IMO it would have been much closer than the time sheets suggest.

I've always quite like Pedrosa, I'd be quite happy to see him win a championship for once, given his pace during the last few races it isn't completely out of the question.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:28 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

#CuttingForVale

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:51 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
It made for an interesting race. It was nice to see VR carve through the pack, some made it easy, some did not. It showed all his time spent at Ducati hasn't dimmed his ability to spot an overtake.

For the most part, I enjoy watching both MM and VR race. I also agree that VR lost this at Sepang when he lost his cool. Or perhaps he lost it before when he let the idea that MM was messing with him take control.

Two weeks ago MM was more than happy to break the un-written rule pass / re-pass, bash fairings with a title contender on a Yamaha M1
This week he did not. As the laps unfolded it seemed obvious he was deliberately holding back. His motives may simply have been a change of mindeset while Sepang is fresh in the mind.
Or he may have wanted to help out a fellow Spaniard, and/or add another blow to VR.

Whatever the reason(s), it possibly could have been different if VR didn't mouth off at press conferences and had kept a cool head.

I wonder if it goes back further to that chicane + gravel trap incident a while back where MM felt VR deliberately / aggressively took the racing line knowing he would bounce off MM and be able to blame MM.
I definitely think MM might have changed his feelings towards VR at that time.

JL won the most races, broke the lap record, got the most poles and is world champ.
He seemed like a decent guy, but trying to get involved in legal wranglings over Sepang wasn't cool. His celebrations are far too try hard. Other than that though, seems like a nice guy.
He's a bit of a dull rider these days, but that's probably because he's figured out it's safer / easier to get pole and be consistent from the front.

2015 - Cracking year for MotoGP, shame the ego's took precedence over the talent at the end.
Mega congrats to Danny Kent, typical Brit, took a comfortable position and slowly turned it into an uncomfortable one and then ran us through the mill right to the end Smile

According to someone in honda they told vr that marquez blamed him for loosing this years championship, not only assen but argentina as well when vr supposively knocked him off. I think the problem rossi had was how similar mm is to himself in his younger days against the likes of Biaggi. Read a cracking article today from matt oaxely I will try and find again.
Next year is going to be very interesting... suzukis going well today in testing without the seamless gearbox, ducati are taking todays results on the gp15 and designing the new chassis around the michelins and we already know how fast that motor is. New control ecus for 2016. Scott Redding going really well on a good bike. whoever adapts fastest in the first few rounds of the season will be in with a shout, cant wait now!!

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:54 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ift.tt/1Sgjiuf

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Link to full article https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/what-really-happened-in-valencia/

Well written isn't it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:05 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its brilliant, another great one is david emmet on twitter. always a good read. Will be a long winter now

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Yes its brilliant, another great one is david emmet on twitter. always a good read. Will be a long winter now

Mat Oxley and David Emmett are the main blokes I read for analysis. MCN is bilge, Crash.net is only good for live coverage or the latest news before anyone else covers it; all the comments there are written by cretins.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics from today.

Guess who likes his new bike.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTeH0naWUAA1u6y.jpg:large

Guess who crashed but still went fastest.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTeRnIoWUAEV645.jpg:large

New tyre supplier getting some thumbs up especially increased rear grip.
Some are using new ECU but most not.
Honda shifting rider weight to compensate for Michelin.

Oh and Vale didn't attend the Gala. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:37 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think redding will be up there competing next year now, was a bit disappointed this year but everyone seemed to struggle with the hondas.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:42 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone saying the same thing more rear grip but front end lacking feel, bradders reckons a change in riding style will be needed. Will Michelin be taking this info and bringing out an improved front or is this the final product?

https://gpxtra.com/2015/11/10/lorenzo-begins-title-defence-with-solid-first-day/ Lorenzo speaking about new tyres.

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Everyone saying the same thing more rear grip but front end lacking feel, bradders reckons a change in riding style will be needed. Will Michelin be taking this info and bringing out an improved front or is this the final product?

https://gpxtra.com/2015/11/10/lorenzo-begins-title-defence-with-solid-first-day/ Lorenzo speaking about new tyres.

It's not far off. The bikes have been built around the epic Bridgestone front end until now, Michelin are probably right to go their own way and not try to replicate that. More rear grip will mean different bike balance, riding style and presumably electronic strategies.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:02 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen vr slating the new ecu saying it's like going back to 2008.. Harder to keep consistent lap times but will make racing closer. I read a few months ago the ducatis will have the biggest advantage with this because the spec ecu was designed around there bike, Yamaha and Honda clearly weren't happy at the time. Interesting the new m1 fuel tank is under the seat unit now for weight distribution.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
Rossi got to 4th on the 12th of 30 laps. 12 seconds behind Lorenzo, track to himself... 18 laps left. He finished 20 seconds down.... Laughing He will never be able to match the pace of Lorenzo.

Mr Honda is very happy that if Yamaha was going to win the championship, it was not Rossi.

Well he'd not need to match the pace but exceed it by near a second a lap for 15 laps or so then leave enough in reserve on the tyre everyone was saying would be suspect towards the end to pass a couple of very fast Hondas and his team mate on equal machinery. That's a pretty fucking high risk strategy to go attempt in a situation for where all he knew MM and DP both had the pace on Lorenzo to do him over.

Would you have risked it all, or took a seat back in clear air at a reasonable pace, knowing you'd done all you could and hoping that it panned out the right way at the front?

If Rossi gave chase and went down, and both Hondas then passed Lorenzo - would you have called that heroic or stupid?

Seriously - get real
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Battling through a grid uses a lot of tyre life up, and Rossi's bike was set up for lots of overtaking (different brakes and suspension settings) rather than outright speed judging by an article I read pre-race.

I suspect you're correct that he might still have been fourth, but IMO it would have been much closer than the time sheets suggest.

I've always quite like Pedrosa, I'd be quite happy to see him win a championship for once, given his pace during the last few races it isn't completely out of the question.

He did not really battle, he was held up a few seconds but got past everyone very easy.. the front were pushing tires a lot harder. The factory bikes have a massive advantage over the rest.. 1-2 seconds a lap.. so starting from the back is not that bad.. probably better and less risk than starting on the 3rd row. I believe marquez or Stoner have won from the back? and Im sure Rossi has many times?

Rossi is never set up for outright speed. Its not how he works. When Lorenzo or Marquez are strong and not slowing each other by fighting, Rossi is consistently not part of that fight.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5