Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bought a 'Blade

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Bought a 'Blade Reply with quote

£2,800, 1 female owner from new, few tasty mods and all original parts supplied (discs, can, plate etc). 9K miles, service history, MOT'd till October, looks clean. Only concern was the plastics being the wrong colour (black tail end and silver pin stripe on tank & black swing arm), claims powder coated and sprayed for aesthetics. Which I believe going off the condition of the rest of the bike and the fact it has all standard parts and receipts for work included.

Happy with my buy & pick it up Saturday. Very Happy

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice and sounds like a bit of a bargain, assuming the seller was honest.

Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beauty Az Thumbs Up

Black and red; another man with impeccable taste in colours Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the new clutch you'll need (1 female owner) Mr. Green

That's stunning. Like. Thumbs Up
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:49 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some panels off and check for Honda markings. Reckon it's been down the road, replaced with noodle fairings.

How's the insurance Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Take some panels off and check for Honda markings. Reckon it's been down the road, replaced with noodle fairings.

How's the insurance Wink

Insurance is £816 Sad , I'm 21, 3 years ncb and license for 2 years. Which is a bit crap when my GSXR 600 is practically half of that (£400ish) and my old Bandit 6 was even cheaper at £180 when I was 19. Taking it home in a van, so I won't bother you with insurance this time lol Very Happy

Not a bad call actually about checking the fairings, will have a look behind the fairings when I have the opportunity Thumbs Up

I did look on eBay to see if I could match a pair of Chinese fairings to the one's on this bike, but couldn't find a match. Still doesn't rule out completely that she's BS'ing and they are Chinese fairings.

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

How's the insurance Wink

that was the first thing i thought. rip the panels off and check the chassis for any rash

damn that chinesey fake fairing looks nasty.. get some standard bodywork on it stat! Very Happy

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

supZ wrote:

damn that chinesey fake fairing looks nasty.. get some standard bodywork on it stat! Very Happy

They're not much different from standard, just subtle differences besides the tail end. I actually prefer this to the standard Smile, all personal opinion though.

Saying that, I do think they may be Chinese now, the RR is the wrong colour (silver, not white), silver outline around black and the fact the whole tail end is the wrong colour lol. Doesn't bother me too much, but will pay extra attention to other potential crash damage.

Original:
https://motodecal.com/img/products/products_262_751475088Full-Honda-CBR-954RR-2003-Red-Black-Sticker-set.jpg

Mine:
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/IBwAAOSwo6lWP2SB/$_57.JPG

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese fairings or not it looks very nice Thumbs Up

"Owned by a woman" part is a bit worrying - I hope it was not neglected.

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese or not, that's a real clean example with the right mods Thumbs Up

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
it's been down the road, replaced with noodle fairings.

On D207's, it most likely has...

APT Motorcycles

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

evoboy wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
it's been down the road, replaced with noodle fairings.

On D207's, it most likely has...

I take it they're old/terrible tyres in need of replacing?

Mario_Kempes
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:55 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairings look better than the standard by miles.

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:26 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hpi check it. Mot history check it. Go over it with a fine tooth comb when you view it, if all checks out your winning, if not walk away.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:52 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top fairing looks damaged near the headlight.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:54 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour would be GUTTED about this, this is exactly what he is after Laughing

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

"1 female owner from new"

That alone would put me off.

No idea why sellers put this on car and bike adverts...female drivers are the worst around so why on earth would you want their vehicle with scuffed alloys...dented panels and obliterated clutch.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

STONEY! wrote:
Hpi check it. Mot history check it. Go over it with a fine tooth comb when you view it, if all checks out your winning, if not walk away.

HPI'd with those text services and MOT history checked it in gov site, all checks out.

MarJay wrote:

Where? Have more photos of the bike from the front and all looks good to me. Will upload them later incase I'm missing something, as my attentioned to detail isn't amazing.

thepuma wrote:

No idea why sellers put this on car and bike adverts...female drivers are the worst around so why on earth would you want their vehicle with scuffed alloys...dented panels and obliterated clutch.

It was never in the advert that it had one female previous owner. I had assumed it was a male owner and asked to speak to the owner when she first answered the phone, to which she replied "I am and have been from new, were you expecting a man?" I felt like a bit of a dick afterwards aha.

How many female bikers do you know... And what's the condition of their bikes? I know two, both bikes are in better condition than most of the male bikers I know. I'm guessing you're running your assumptions the bikes fucked off the typical stereotype Smile.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
My neighbour would be GUTTED about this, this is exactly what he is after Laughing

A few 954's for a similar price (£2,650 - £3,000) :

£2,650 - https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/honda-fireblade-cbr-954-rr2/1139275588

£2,850 - https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/honda-fireblade-954-53-reg-ohilns-damper-adj-rearsets-carbon-hugger-clean-bike-23000mls-%C2%A32850/1138137037

£2,900 - https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/honda-cbr-954-rr-fireblade-900-2002/1139368865

£2,995 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Fireblade-RR2-954-2002-only-15k-Miles-/151878948754?hash=item235cb0d792:g:05oAAOSwu-BWP3eO

£2,995 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR-900RR-2-Fireblade-2002-52-Very-Well-Looked-After-Super-Sport-/321901664646?hash=item4af2d59986:g:n90AAOSwo0JWK0S4

they're asking prices too, i'm sure you could knock at least £100 off each one of the above.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:53 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I've got a thing for the older 'blades, I might need one as a summer commuter.

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Where? Have more photos of the bike from the front and all looks good to me. Will upload them later incase I'm missing something, as my attentioned to detail isn't amazing.

The photos I was on about -

https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/Screenshot_2015-11-12-18-50-42_zpsy6wym9eq.png
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/received_10153098745111954_zpsp1b6djxw.jpeg

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:49 - 14 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes very nice. But was she fit? Neutral

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:21 - 15 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:

They're not much different from standard, just subtle differences besides the tail end. I actually prefer this to the standard Smile, all personal opinion though.

Saying that, I do think they may be Chinese now, the RR is the wrong colour (silver, not white), silver outline around black and the fact the whole tail end is the wrong colour lol. Doesn't bother me too much, but will pay extra attention to other potential crash damage.

I've had a red 2003 for over 6 years.. well aware of how they look Smile

If it doesn't bother you then fair enough; personally I prefer the stock look. Hate the brake discs too in fact.

Clothing aside the 954 is a gorgeous bike, comfortable and capable.. best bike ever (to me) Very Happy Enjoy!

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 15 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:

What are you actually basing this on?

I would probably say a vehicle owned by a woman is less likely to have been spannered to death by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2