Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Two Strokes Back On The TT Course

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

kestrel
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:37 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Two Strokes Back On The TT Course Reply with quote

250cc two stroke racing will return to the TT Mountain Course next August for the Lightweight TT during Classic TT Week. The machines will not be classics however, they will be full spec 250cc GP bikes.
250cc two strokes on the mountain course? Road racing doesn't get any better than that!

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:17 - 29 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see them back on the iom when they are slowly being phased out of the Irish road racing, will be a real shame when they do and a lot of the old chaps won't be pleased

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:37 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, or anyone else who's been:

Is it worth me flying over for the NW200 and getting the train to Portrush? On TV viewing looks to be a bit more 'short circuit' than the TT or Ulster. If you can't get close I may instead save cash for BSB rounds (and Ulster).

Cheers.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:00 - 30 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
Robert, or anyone else who's been:

Is it worth me flying over for the NW200 and getting the train to Portrush? On TV viewing looks to be a bit more 'short circuit' than the TT or Ulster. If you can't get close I may instead save cash for BSB rounds (and Ulster).

Cheers.

I personally avoid the nw like the plague as do others. In a honesty id say go to one of the Nationals at the start, mid Antrim, tandragee or cookstown me personally it would be tandragee. Armoy is no doubt the best run national in ni I would highly recomend it and ofcourse the Ulster is not to be missed. I can't comment on flying Ive always just hopped on the ferry from Troon over on the bike.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:26 - 01 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Why is the NW unpopular, the track? I could just do Scarborough actually and hope there are some big names.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:06 - 01 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been to scarborough myself looks great though! Its just the way they run the event far to commercial and all about the money. Doing a warm up lap then lining up again for interviews instead of just getting on with the race, just have to look at the stk1000 race this year and how long fans were left waiting to see any bikes. Don't get me wrong i'm sure there is a lot of people who do enjoy the event but for actual racing there is much better races to go to. Just my opinion of course

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:29 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. It is only a TT warm up for many riders too.

This morning I booked a hotel for Scarborough in April, and now I've just seen Guy Martin's staying on. Result. Bloody £50 for a weekend ticket at Oliver's Mount though!

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 03 Dec 2015    Post subject: Re: Two Strokes Back On The TT Course Reply with quote

kestrel wrote:

250cc two strokes on the mountain course? Road racing doesn't get any better than that!

Many TZ250s, love it. Thumbs Up

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:55 - 04 Dec 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never realized you got charged for entry at olivers mount! Free at all the irish nationals and costs a tenner for a program usually Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1