Getting Ready For Race Season 2CO R6 *Pic Heavy* - Result

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 07 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl:dr post at the bottom Wink

Bike was finished late Thursday night finishing all the extra little bits, like lock wiring the oil sump, filler cap etc. Cable tying a few bits of fairing to the bike, and packing the car ready. Finally got to the track for testing Friday, bike looks nice and more importantly, it is running SO well.

https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/Neileng/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstbdtx95q.jpeg
https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/Neileng/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnlstgqob.jpeg
https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/Neileng/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8cdgzfii.jpeg

Got into testing and my gearing and suspension were way off. Had to drop two teeth on the rear as I was hitting paddock hill in 4th screwing my entrance and exit to druids up costing me time. I was running 57s a lap at this point, 5 seconds off what I normally do. I changed the gearing and hey presto, I found 3 seconds a lap, going in the right direction at least.

Qualifying on Saturday was in the dry and was fun. I tagged on the back of another rider to get warmed up then hit a few hot laps and qualified 24th on the grid out of 46 riders with a time of 56.1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Still off my pace.

Race 1 and 2 were in the wet, my PB in the wet was around 1:04ish times. Beat that with a 1:03s

https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/Neileng/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqszbwp8c.jpeg

First race I had an amazing launch and managed to go round the outside of a few riders going into Paddock Hill bend and Druids, by Graham Hill bend I was in 7th position and 1st in my class. Gotta hold my hands up, I got complacent, lost 2 spots to the 2 riders behind me and they were in my class. But the first lad overtook me on yellow flag, so I wasn't too worried about him. They both pulled away and I just couldn't catch them, they were quick. Ended this race in third, first cup and podium. I went to get the confirmation of the race, and looks like that rider wasn't paying attention to any flags, he was disqualified and fired me into 2nd place...Happy days Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Race two, wow, what a race. I got another great start and overtook on paddock and druids putting me in 6th overall and 1st in my class. Two laps go by and I came up to Surtees and hit the painted curb in the wet, rear wheel was all over the place, I stood the bike up to settle it and saw only grass. I managed to keep it upright and rolled back on dropping 10 spots and putting me 5th in my class. Got back into the groove after a half lap to scrub the dirt and grass off my tyre. I was lapping 2 seconds fast than 3rd place and began plucking through the filed. I took 4th, I could see 3rd but I was running out of laps, across the start finish on the penultimate lap I overtook 3rd at paddock hill, he comes up the inside of me at druids and gets a gap from the pull out of Graham Hill bend, He was about three bike lengths in front of me at Surtees and went wide at clearways, allowing me to go up the inside of him at Clark stealing third place from him last corner, last lap.

Trophy number two.
https://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/Neileng/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsvvzzouov.png

Sunday was dry, in fact it was quite lovely out. I had new tyres on and was up for the race. Got myself in 4th off the start, and was pacing OK, 54s a laps to be exact. Then every time I went round clearways and Clark the rear was giving out, no grip what so ever, now being Brands Hatch, a mostly right hand track, this was an issue. Lost places all over the place now. I finished in 5th. When all the bikes were stopped by the podium for the presentation, I looked at my rear. Chunks missing from the trye, 1p sized chunks, dotted around the circumference of the right hand side. That explains that, now what caused it. Got back to the garage, and was looking to see if anything was sticking out of the bike catching on the tyre. Nothing. Then checked the tyre pressures. 32 psi Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked What the .... It should be 20-22psi in the warmers. And I swear I checked them, guess I mucked up. Bit the bullet and had to buy another new one for the last race.

Made SURE I had the correct pressures this time and in the last race it felt like it should.

Has another great start, putting me in 10th overall and 4th in my class. lapping constant 53s I could see third place about 2s ahead of me, but I had 2 guys in between us. I managed to get past both on the brakes into paddock hill bend, but I missed a gear change giving me horrendous power up the hill, they took the spots back. I got past on the exit, then chased down the last guy. We jostled like this the rest of the race, I knew I was faster, just struggled to pass him, by this point 3rd place had pulled away and I lost the chance. Pulled it home in 4th, adding to the championship standings.

After round 1 I am on 70 points, currently awaiting what position I am in. Around 4th I think.

tl:dr
Race 1 finished 2nd
Race 2 finished 3rd
Race 3 finished 5th
Race 4 finished 4th

Last edited by .Bishbash. on 15:08 - 07 Mar 2016; edited 1 time in total

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 14:04 - 07 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff Thumbs Up

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:36 - 07 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done bud Thumbs Up

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:53 - 08 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, was worth the effort.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:08 - 08 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, well done.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:15 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash, what's happened for you to stop the racing all of a sudden? I see your R6 is in the 'for sale' forum.

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 09 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
Bishbash, what's happened for you to stop the racing all of a sudden? I see your R6 is in the 'for sale' forum.

Well, i want to go travelling with my Mrs more. Both are expensive, so I had to choose out of the two and comit to one. I will pick racing up again in a few years.

Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2