Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KAWASAKI ZZR1200, 2003 - Needs a little work. PRICE DROPPED

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Vitesse
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:17 - 25 Mar 2016    Post subject: KAWASAKI ZZR1200, 2003 - Needs a little work. PRICE DROPPED Reply with quote

Kawasaki ZZR1200. I bought this last year to tidy up over winter but I've since inherited more projects, including an old car, that need loads doing to them. Consequently I've not completed this and doubt I'm going to. Frankly it's a large lump on my bench and I'm loathe to strip it and have more bits scattered round the garage! I'm also not sure I actually want a ballistic sofa!
Basically it is sound and looks good. Suspension, wheels, tyres, battery, brakes, exhaust all in decent order. Bike starts fine, lights all work, etc. V5 in my name and a clear HPI chit from Nov 14.
What needs doing? One of the exhaust headers is blowing and there's an oil leak from low down. I think it's an oil cooler pipe but without stripping it I can't be sure. Certainly doesn't look anything fundamental.
Only other thing is that the fairing side is scruffy where the last owner scrapped it along his garage wall - I've seen the marks on the wall! I've bought the proper 2 part touch up paint and started to tidy it. A new panel (£30 on eBay) would sort it if it bothers you.
As I say, I started the tidy up and have touched up some paint, replaced grips and footrests and bought a selection of OE bolts and brackets to replace furry ones. I will add some better photos outside when I've got someone to give me a hand getting it off the bench!
Obviously no MOT but I have a trailer and may be able to assist in transporting the bike by prior arrangement after sale. Sorry but I'm not towing it 100 miles for you to have a first look at it!
Priced realistically at £1,350. You'd be pushed to find one on the road below £2,500 so there's plenty of opportunity to get a decent bike on the road for much less than that. Please no daft offers - I've been offered £1,000 from a breaker so a mis-spelt offer of £500 cash isn't going to excite me!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1