Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexemoto adrenaline electric problems won't start sometimes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jammie222211
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:24 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Lexemoto adrenaline electric problems won't start sometimes Reply with quote

Hi there wondering if people can help me here I have a pulse adrenaline 15 plate i am having issues with it at the moment sometimes the electrics just dye other time it's fine when the electrics dye it's saying the battery is flat but even when it wants to work the battery says it's still flat i have no ignition no headlights any ideas please want to get this sorted asap

Thanks Jamie

berzerker
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:51 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having to charge the battery to get it to start again?
If it's playing dead then it could just be a loose battery terminal or a duff ignition switch. Get a multi meter on it and check for dead bits.

Jammie222211
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:55 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope not having to charge the battery to start it sometimes all the electrics just come back on without it being bumped or anything And also there are times when I'm riding it and it wil just die electrics everything fail and then it will decide to come back on after bumping it 10 times but once bumped still no proper power but can't understand why it would completely cut out the engine and all electrics while riding it and then it just conks out

Thanks
Jamie

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Smiles> Oh the bitter joy that is an electrical starting issue at least once in a Lexmoto owners life, the memories. You're not the first and wont be the last.

I'm not saying this will solve your issue but I'm not saying it wont. My generic advice would be to replace the OEM spark plug and cap with the NGK alternative. Tracing the killswitch on the sidestand wiring up to the plug and disconnecting may also help. Theory is the killswitch on the sidestands are known to short and cause issues due to poor position and road crud. OEM cap and plug are just crap. Trace the killswitch wire from the sidestand into and under the bike (you'll probably have to remove the L/H side panel and seat) and find the plug. Removing the spark plug requires a ring spanner and the spark plug tool that came in your toolkit or a (I think) 18mm deep spanner, 3/8 since 1/4 doesn't go that far up in size, if you're not all that mechanically minded stick with the spanner and basic toolkit method since there's less chance of you over tightening the spark plug and ending up with a bodyguard thread. Spark plug loosens anti-clockwise, cap is removed by simply grabbing the rubber end furthest down the spark plug and pulling towards you.

Outside of that I'd say if you're not confident in stripping the bike of its panels and fuel tank and getting in amongst all the wiring with a multi meter just hand it over to your local trusted independent lexmoto dealer and let them have a go at it, they've probably seen plenty in their time and will know what to look for. Good news is, or at least in my case, once you've had it done it shouldn't happen again and I ride in all weathers so there's some hope.

I own a Lexmoto Arrow, here's what some of my wiring looks like once the issue had been fixed. Cable ties to keep the connectors together and plenty of dialectic grease.

https://s32.postimg.org/fb3al926d/1_1_Copy.jpg

In my case you can have the L/H and R/H fairing panels and seat of in less than five minutes. I've yet to remove the tank but that's where the rest of the wiring resides on my model, two bolts on the rear of the tank under the seat, the only reason I haven't removed it yet is just because I don't feel like its something I want to fiddle with for no reason yet.

Accurate model specific wiring diagrams are near non existent I'm afraid.

So yeah, long and short: try the above if that doesn't work ask a dealer to take a look at it. Do wait for others comments though since they might know what checks to perform to narrow it down without needing to fork out for labour costs, of which that's all this job will be.

Jammie222211
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:35 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there really appreciate the reply I changed the spark plug and the fuse 2 days ago and still having the same issue it will most likely be an internal wireing problem would you recommend to take it to a Lexemoto techninican ?

Many thanks Jamie

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jammie222211 wrote:
Hi there really appreciate the reply I changed the spark plug and the fuse 2 days ago and still having the same issue it will most likely be an internal wireing problem would you recommend to take it to a

Lexemoto techninican ?

Many thanks Jamie

They're just mechanics. These bikes are about as basic as they come in all forms and anyone that knows anything about bike mechanics would be able to work on them, that's not an insult to you I'm just trying to put across that these bikes aren't really all that hard to tackle. Only reason I recommend a shop that deals with Lexmoto bikes (ie; sells them) is because some shops don't touch chinese bikes and well others that do that don't sell Lexmoto bikes might not really know what they're looking for vs a Lexmoto dealer that encounters similar issues often.

I did, but I ran to the shop for everything under warrenty, it was simple and all I had to do was go without the bike for a short period of time and let them deal with everything inbetween. Does come back to bike you though in that you never really learn anything.

Wait out for today at least and see if Borg or anyone else responds with a possible work around before you go donating money to a shop. Most places are closed today so it does no harm in waiting until tomorrow at least before you pick up the phone and end up emptying your pockets. Only reason I can't help more is because I didn't tackle the issue myself.

Since you've already changed the fuse it can't hurt to remove the seat and side panels and take a look for any loose wiring or any wiring that looks dirty, corroded or damaged.

Jammie222211
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:49 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really appreciate the help I have a mate who is good with bikes and will give him a ring and explain to him what you have said enjoy the rest of your day 😀

herulach
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
<Smiles> Oh the bitter joy that is an electrical starting issue at least once in a Lexmoto owners life, the memories. You're not the first and wont be the last.

I'm not saying this will solve your issue but I'm not saying it wont. My generic advice would be to replace the OEM spark plug and cap with the NGK alternative. Tracing the killswitch on the sidestand wiring up to the plug and disconnecting may also help. Theory is the killswitch on the sidestands are known to short and cause issues due to poor position and road crud. OEM cap and plug are just crap. Trace the killswitch wire from the sidestand into and under the bike (you'll probably have to remove the L/H side panel and seat) and find the plug. Removing the spark plug requires a ring spanner and the spark plug tool that came in your toolkit or a (I think) 18mm deep spanner, 3/8 since 1/4 doesn't go that far up in size, if you're not all that mechanically minded stick with the spanner and basic toolkit method since there's less chance of you over tightening the spark plug and ending up with a bodyguard thread. Spark plug loosens anti-clockwise, cap is removed by simply grabbing the rubber end furthest down the spark plug and pulling towards you.

Outside of that I'd say if you're not confident in stripping the bike of its panels and fuel tank and getting in amongst all the wiring with a multi meter just hand it over to your local trusted independent lexmoto dealer and let them have a go at it, they've probably seen plenty in their time and will know what to look for. Good news is, or at least in my case, once you've had it done it shouldn't happen again and I ride in all weathers so there's some hope.

I own a Lexmoto Arrow, here's what some of my wiring looks like once the issue had been fixed. Cable ties to keep the connectors together and plenty of dialectic grease.

https://s32.postimg.org/fb3al926d/1_1_Copy.jpg

In my case you can have the L/H and R/H fairing panels and seat of in less than five minutes. I've yet to remove the tank but that's where the rest of the wiring resides on my model, two bolts on the rear of the tank under the seat, the only reason I haven't removed it yet is just because I don't feel like its something I want to fiddle with for no reason yet.

Accurate model specific wiring diagrams are near non existent I'm afraid.

So yeah, long and short: try the above if that doesn't work ask a dealer to take a look at it. Do wait for others comments though since they might know what checks to perform to narrow it down without needing to fork out for labour costs, of which that's all this job will be.

No idea what thats a photo of, but it's not on straight Laughing

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

herulach wrote:
No idea what thats a photo of, but it's not on straight Laughing

You're referring to the "up" mark, right? I realise. It's one of the air filter covers and it wasn't me who first put it like that, doesn't fit the way the up mark suggests it should. Doesn't make a difference to the running of the bike.

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:09 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

the electrics fail on every one of these chinq 125 sumo lookalikes at some point

Must be the way The starter button and lights are wired but i remember that when i had one (it was less than a year old too) the starter button often didnt work but switching the lights on and off would make the engine start

Chinese rubbish Rolling Eyes

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 14 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the battery leads and terminals while you're at it.
Also, where the black negative lead bolts to the frame or engine
and the red lead connects to the solenoid.
Any poor connections on the above can cause the symptoms you describe as well as affect the charging

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:16 - 14 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

whys is this in show and tell ?? Confused Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 14 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

OPs sharing an 'epic biking tale' ? Smile

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:28 - 14 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

Show and fail Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1