Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

STOLEN BRISTOL Honda CRM250 Supermoto

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:43 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: STOLEN BRISTOL Honda CRM250 Supermoto Reply with quote

On sunday between 4-6pm my honda crm 250 motorbike was stolen from nailsea in bristol!! the bike is a 1991 year with recently powdercoated supermoto wheels and is very distinctive... ive only finished having it restored a week ago, which i have spent a lot of time and money on, so i am devastated to have it nicked and i am desperate to get it back!! if anyone recognises it or can help me find it then please let me know 07943431719

thank you

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd404/SeanS91/My%20Motorbikes/DSC_2161_zpsjf91qpxa.jpg

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd404/SeanS91/My%20Motorbikes/DSC_2182_zpsgcpvf5ah.jpg

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd404/SeanS91/My%20Motorbikes/DSC_2176_zpstwx41qzn.jpg

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd404/SeanS91/My%20Motorbikes/DSC_2200_zpsrgv58vhd.jpg

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd404/SeanS91/My%20Motorbikes/95_zpsmeq4rivw.jpg

Last edited by Sean.S on 23:45 - 31 May 2016; edited 1 time in total

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please edit the text so that it isnt huge and in bold.

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:46 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Please edit the text so that it isnt huge and in bold.
sorry Rolling Eyes all done

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 31 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, and gutted for you after you'd got it so nice after all the work and pimping.

But being harsh but fair, I could only every see this happening with you using it as a daily and leaving it parked in town.

You'll be very lucky if it was not stolen by chavvy scum, that just want an hour of trashing and abuse before torching it. I'd certainly not be in too much of a hurry to want it back, or expecting anything more than a burnt out wreak with hardly any useable parts left on it.

I've known of two MX bikes one junior and a full size 125 that were stolen and found without serious damage or many parts missing. Its probably because they were hoping to sell them on whole, or wanted to part them out for more cash.

Few off roaders end up this way though if it's kids that snatch them away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:01 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Sorry to hear this, and gutted for you after you'd got it so nice after all the work and pimping.

But being harsh but fair, I could only every see this happening with you using it as a daily and leaving it parked in town.

You'll be very lucky if it was not stolen by chavvy scum, that just want an hour of trashing and abuse before torching it. I'd certainly not be in too much of a hurry to want it back, or expecting anything more than a burnt out wreak with hardly any useable parts left on it.

as gutted as i feel right now, i do agree with you. i will do what i can to find it of course but im keeping no expectations to see it again, and maybe i am better off not knowing what happened to it

it was chained, but it was lifted into the back of a van and off they went... its f*cking sickening, it really was a beautiful little bike Sick Evil or Very Mad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:20 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was it chained to?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:39 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
What was it chained to?

A preposition.

Sorry to hear this, that looks like a lovely job. I almost hope it's been sold or parted rather than burned out in a field.

Of course, if it burns out while lying on top of a crippled pikey, all to the best.

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:05 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Well id gone into tesco so the bike was left in the car park in a parking space where there wasn't anything to chain it to. So i put the bike on the steering lock and put my chain through the back wheel and part of the frame. I also chained my shoei race rep helmet to it so theyve nicked that in all
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean91 wrote:
Cheers. Well id gone into tesco so the bike was left in the car park in a parking space where there wasn't anything to chain it to. So i put the bike on the steering lock and put my chain through the back wheel and part of the frame. I also chained my shoei race rep helmet to it so theyve nicked that in all

Doesn't sound opportunistic. Sounds like they maybe followed you.

Gutted for you.

Outside Tesco you say? It was probably Clive who stole it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:57 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i didnt notice anyone following me but it was gone within the hour. annoying thing is a year ago I left my old bike in the same spot countless times without any problems. I guess now im just hoping the insurance will pay out because like it was said above i probably wouldnt want it back now, i just hope the insurance company wont try and screw me over by finding a thrashed field bike crm on ebay for £600 and tell me thats what my bike is worth

Anyway until then im just going to have to cut my losses, im going to view a yamaha yzf today, which should be more practical and less attractive to theives

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean91 wrote:
a year ago I left my old bike in the same spot countless times without any problems

That's probably why. Not as attractive to scum as a nice shiny, newly restored, desirable and rare bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:17 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thats gay. Liked the pimp up thread.

Afraid I always lock my bike to something, currently its chained to the cars towing eye Laughing

I hope you find it Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:42 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikeys gotta pike. Sad

Is Dibble at all interested?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:44 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Is Dibble at all interested?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bristol seems to be bad for this lately. Any new pikey nests sprung up locally?

As others have said, I'll keep them peeled.

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear that.

Does the car park have any CCTV coverage? If so, I'd be looking to get the footage. Even if where you parked it isn't directly covered by the cameras, if the entrance/exit is then you might be able to pick up a van entering and leaving suspiciously quickly in that time frame.

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:07 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:
Really sorry to hear that.

Does the car park have any CCTV coverage? If so, I'd be looking to get the footage. Even if where you parked it isn't directly covered by the cameras, if the entrance/exit is then you might be able to pick up a van entering and leaving suspiciously quickly in that time frame.

Theres a number plate recognition camera on the entrance but nothing that looks over the bike, so the police aint prepared to do anything Rolling Eyes

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's absolutely gutting, you worked so hard on that bike and it was looking mint Mad

Have you checked local pikey hotspots and generally scummy zones? Post up on local bike pages on Facebook too, sometimes you get the odd name dropped in of people who are known to go for a five fingered discount wherever possible.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Bristol seems to be bad for this lately. Any new pikey nests sprung up locally?

As others have said, I'll keep them peeled.

Lately? Bristol is awful for two wheel theft.

I'm local, so will keep an eye out.

af1
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:17 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt the police will protect the scrotes who stole your bike. A few years ago
someone broke into my car and stole the radio cassette and causing lots of damage. 2 days later in a different location the villan tried to sell me the above item.
I got arrested and cautioned for 'holding someone against their will'
Police are wankers .....

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddywinz wrote:

Lately? Bristol is awful for two wheel theft.

I'm local, so will keep an eye out.

I'm from that London mate. Still getting the hang of 'babber' this and 'gert lush' that!?! Just seems in the last couple of weeks there's been a few mentioned.
Was wondering whether or not to buy that doberman I've been promising myself for years. Cool

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:32 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

af1 wrote:
I got arrested and cautioned for 'holding someone against their will'

The charge would be false imprisonment. I'm sorry that it sounds like you accepted the caution rather than telling them to pass it to the CPS. I'd suggest that under similar circumstances that don't make that mistake again.

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:42 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im keeping an eye out but i have to be careful where i post as well, because somebody trying to sale the bike online maybe the best chance i have of seeing that bike again, so i cant really share stolen bike posts on all the facebook selling pages, but at the same time i do want to get the pictures out there... Its a tricky one Confused

The bike would of been lifted into a van because it couldnt be wheeled away so if the plate recognition camera at the car park picks up only one van going into the car park at the time of theft and its obvious thats the theif, then the police still wouldnt do anything, its absolute bullshit. Apparently they cant investigate someone they havent caught in the act, i didnt know it was illigal to investigate someone who could possibly be innocent, if it was then surely no crimes would ever get solved

Like i said, absolute bullshit

Last edited by Sean.S on 15:44 - 01 Jun 2016; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:44 - 01 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the van driver stole it at gunpoint.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2