Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'93 CBR600f (project)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 08 Jun 2016    Post subject: '93 CBR600f (project) Reply with quote

First the pictures of how it was:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/andy36586/CBR/13_zpsufye1uld.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/andy36586/CBR/10_zpszeyg9qyb.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/andy36586/CBR/12_zpssx4avybh.jpg

With the exception of it having the stock can back on there and probably a little bit more rust.... and needing a bloody good clean, the bike still pretty much looks the same, (I can provide recent pictures on request).

I bought this bike December 2014 and rode it in all weathers and it never missed a beat, it was only retired due to getting a Ninja on December 2015 and I decided to put it on the "to do" list.

Since I still have the VFR to fix up, recently bought a car (which needs repairs), and have a little bit of work to do on the ninja, I've decided to let this project go to someone else (for the right price).

What I have here is a 1993 CBR600f with just under 40k miles on it, since I've owned it apart from riding it through 2 winters I've done very little to it... I've stripped and cleaned the carbs, bought (and fitted) the attachments to connect to the carbs and run hoses up to the fairings (to make balancing easier), the rear tyre was replaced when it was MOT'ed and still looks fairly new.

The bad stuff:
It has an oil leak, which per day is probably about the size of a £2 coin, in the time I've owned it I haven't topped up the oil and it's still always been fine on the dipstick.

It has a steel frame, it has some rust issues but they are surface rust and I'll throw in the can of Hammerite I was going to use to scrub and repaint the frame with.

There is a snapped exhaust stud, the bike has been dropped at some point resulting in damage to the engine and someone has tried to repair it properly but gave up after the stud snapped so used some kind of resin to repair the casing which has a pinky nail sized crack (hence the oil leak)*

It has been off the road for almost 6 months, but last week I refitted the battery and within a minute it started, it ran a little rough to begin with but ran fine after a couple of minutes.... it needs a good blast, which I'll be happy to do before any potential buyers come to collect it, so it can be ridden home.

It has no MOT, but I believe it passed with flying colours last year, and I could possibly have it re-MOT'ed for a sale (price permitting).

Finally I get to the price....

£450

Having never sold anything on this site before, I don't know what to expect, but viewings are most definitely welcome, test rides (cash in hand first obviously), tyre kickers (cash in hand first obviously), boy racers... etc etc

Final note, with the price of bikes shooting up this time of year.... this is someones chance to grab an absolute bargain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1