Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New beast, already in love!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jmh600
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 21 Jun 2016    Post subject: New beast, already in love! Reply with quote

Had this for just over a week now, and I've totally fallen for it in every way possible. It's a lovely bike to ride, but is like Jekyll and Hyde! Lovely and smooth, easy to ride around town. Give it a handful and it turns into an animal!

https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/7ACB6906-DB77-4F7A-B4DA-45352FC2CD78_zpsjapodsvx.jpg
https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/16E6EEDB-08B9-4078-8236-414D64D8A7B0_zpst2hhruod.jpg

2006 KTM Superduke 990. Came into work as a part ex and new I had to own it as soon as I saw it. 20,000 miles, and you wouldn't think it's got half that. It's pretty immaculate bar a few scrapes here and there. Runs like a dream.

I've got a few tasteful mods lined up (and already started!) like led bulbs everywhere, clean up some of the wiring (visible and ugly in places!) and some carbon and I should be done......... Until I decide I want an exhaust. Then some more carbon. Then a power commander and quick shifter. Oh bugger.

Stay tuned

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:39 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good for 20,000 miles...it wears them well. Always fancied one of these. Looking forward to updates Thumbs Up

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it had a paint job or did they come in satin black?

D_redd
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:44 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Always fancied one, but I've not changed my bike for 7 years!

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colour on it Thumbs Up Get all black gear and look like a stealth rider Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jmh600
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The paint is as it came from the factory! I've got all black gear, with a stain helmet and black visor for the sunny days.

Just fitted led headlamp bulbs. They're insanely bright and really make the bike

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:39 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

Jmh600
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 22 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has any parts for sale, let me know! Smile

buaan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 23 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an adventure with the same engine. How does the gear change feel on it? Slide in easy at all revs or does it nip sometimes?

Nice bike Smile

Jmh600
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 23 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The changes are smooth as silk for me! Never had an issue. Noisy clutch mind you.

Joe

buaan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for info, interesting. I think my clutch booster is on its way out as mine can click/crash in to gears.

Enjoy the bike Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:44 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a ride on a 2006 one, think it was 06... had dealer plate on so no idea.

It broke down, twice, in 1 hour Laughing

Wheelies were easy and it thundered along fine. The clocks died, the rear brake was shit.

Nice bikes though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jmh600
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 05 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a few little changes.

The obligatory WP fork sticker. Not fitted in the correct place but I prefer it here.

https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/7875AB67-C82D-4389-8164-352A54119F3D_zpspluzomks.jpg

https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/8DE6DB5D-0918-43BA-9C14-ECCCF6815026_zpsowogquk1.jpg

"Rizoma" bar ends, with renthal grips. The domino ones were too spongy.

https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/65F7EAD6-F2CC-45CB-8433-29DFDFFA569C_zpsrv9wffy3.jpg

https://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p763/jmhmotorcycles/Mobile%20Uploads/4E87F23B-DA0F-4619-B4A2-A76022E8A291_zpsaip9riui.jpg

I've also fitted led headlight bulbs. They're insanely bright and really update the look from the front when on. However. The glass shroud off the low beam bulb has fallen off inside my headlight. Whilst the bulb is perfectly fine without it, I now have the unenviable task of removing the headlamp and fishing the shroud out. Pain in the ass.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1