Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

FZR400/600 Moto2 Style Project - Ebay item 332026236024

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattb_uk
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 26 Oct 2016    Post subject: FZR400/600 Moto2 Style Project - Ebay item 332026236024 Reply with quote

BLACK BIKE NOW SOLD

FZR400 / 600 Moto 2 Style Project (2 Complete Bikes with V5s)

I am selling my moto2 project, basically I wanted something a bit different for the track and loved the idea of a moto2 bike but could never afford one so looked for alternatives. I first stumbled across the white bike, an FZR400 with a Thundercat engine, which I bought with the idea of turning it into something more modern. Then the black one turned up as basically what I wanted to achieve as a finished project so bought that too! The plan was to do some track days and gradually tweak and adjust and turn them both into something really special.

I have ridden them both on track and both are great. They have unique characters and both handle and perform very well. I bought them both in 2013 and they went into storage (dry) while we moved house and built a garage and I have only recently taken the black one on a track day at Snetterton. Unfortunately with other hobbies and commitments I just haven’t got the time to finish them off, they are however both trackable as they are, they just need some final touches to finish them off. I was also considering swapping the engines as the engine in the white bike is newer and fresher than the one in the black bike.

Here are the specs….

Black Bike

FZR 400 3tj chassis with a 1994 FZR 600 4jh engine.

Blurb from when I bought the bike…….”it has been lovingly put together as a project over 5 months or so using all new parts such as wheel bearings, sprocket bearing, head race bearings and using 90% new nuts and bolts that have been copper greased, new talon sprockets, new oil and filter, new renthal grips, new koso clocks, new fairings, everything has been greased and rebuilt as this was a bare bones strip and rebuild.”

the full spec of the bike is:

3tj frame, newly powder coated
4jh 600 engine, fully serviced and checked
2007 r6 yokes
2011 r6 forks
2011 r6 shock with adapter
2007 fireblade calipers
2007 fireblade master cylinder
braided lines
aluminium rear ride height adjuster with .5mm increments
newly powder coated wheels
race products rear sets
koso clocks with shift light
2004 r6 headers
danmoto carbon can
rme clip ons
cut down loom
modified sub frame

White Bike

FZR400rr SP Chassis, including SP fully adjustable front end.
Yamaha Thundercat (came from a crash damaged Thundercat 5000 miles, I can’t prove this but the condition of the engine backs up the claim).
2007 R6 rear shock
Thundercat Loom, CDI, switchgear, ignition.

White bike comes with a set of wets on wheels, including discs. Spare coils and CDI as well as number plate and hanger if you wanted to put it back on the road.

The black bike has just had a new DID chain, oil and filter change, paddock stand bobbins.
The white bike requires a new chain and a few consumables. And the front tyre has a slow puncture (which I rode with on a track day but really should have some new tyres).

Both bikes get a lot of interest at track days.

Would make a great winter project, ready for summers of fun from next year….

I’m looking for £3,200 for the both bikes and the wheels and spares.

Based near Stansted Airport.

Any questions feel free to email or call. More pics available.

Paddock stands not included, sorry

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1