Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

View all topics

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:47 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: View all topics Reply with quote

Like the 'View all topics' bit Thumbs Up.

Don't expect all (or any) of the following to get done, just some thoughts on how I think it could be made better:

Would be nice for it to be more obvious where a post comes from. This could maybe be an icon or bit of text somewhere along the row with the post info, or maybe the background for each cell with a different colour or summin'.

Would be nice to have the option to group the posts by the forum they come from; ie so you can see the top 50 posts on the board, but sorted per category. Yes, I know you can go into each seperate section, but the whole point is I'm lazy Smile. (Presume this would be fairly easy with an 'ORDER BY' or whatever.)

Going along with this, it'd be nice to be able to have the option in your profile to view say 100 or 200 threads at once on this screen; presuming it's not going to slow the server too much.

Would be nice for there to be a quick way to return to the 'view all topics' section.
Maybe something like the logo at the top left to take you to it rather than the main index.
Ideally, an extra variable in the URL or something to say you've come form there, so want to go back to there rather than an individual section.

I'd still quite like a beehive/deplhi style frame system now that there's lots of different sections, though that would be a bit more hassle.

Also would still quite like a "I've posted in this thread" option for the thread icons.... 'cos I'm lazy and don't get the chance to read as much of the forum as I used to.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 16:56 - 03 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Also would still quite like a "I've posted in this thread" option for the thread icons.... 'cos I'm lazy and don't get the chance to read as much of the forum as I used to.

Agree with that. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 229 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1