Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A few mods to my R6

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:29 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: A few mods to my R6 Reply with quote

Not bad for a 30mph low side I guess..

The bottom of the exhaust has been scuffed badly through the carbon and is blowing slightly, Note the lovely tarty R6 logo Wink
https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/r6can.JPG

The bung saved most damage, a few scratches to the panel and that's all!
https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/rhslower.JPG

Bent brake lever which later snapped, scuffed top fairing and side fairing, mirror and indicator saved most damage
https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/rhstop.JPG

Also twisted my right side foot peg upside down but this twisted back easily and seems to be okay.

The lower bung saved any damage to the clutch cover so it was purely a few scratches on the bodywork. If I had the upper crash bung fitted instead of sitting on my desk, then there might have been a little less damage - but lesson learnt I guess.

Not bad really considering!!

I don't really know where to go from here, I was planning to sell the R6 but now it needs a lot of new bits to get it back to mint condition. I don't know what bike I want next, something cheaper really so that I can get a better supermoto but I don't know what, VTR Firestorm would be great if it weren't for the fact the fuel range is so bad. So what to get I really don't know any more.

The R6 is off the road for the past week, but G has kindly lent me a brake lever Thumbs Up so that will get the bike back on the road so I can then strip the WR400 down to sort a good few things out with it ready for a track weekend coming shortly with a super pole race Very Happy I have been riding the WR to work and back which is relatively fun Very Happy

https://www.cwimedia.co.uk/other/misc/wheely.JPG

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

900cc blade maybe?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:40 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
900cc blade maybe?

Nahh I think a 600cc inline four is about all you need for the roads, anything bigger then would want v-twin as they are more useable.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

SV thou??

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:56 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard they are a good engine but really poor chassis, and they are probably expensive too.

I've thought about a cheap bandit 600 and a ZXR400 road legal but with track bodywork on it (i.e. the cheap aftermarket plastics with light cut outs) as that'd be good for scratching and maybe trying out track days + it'd be cheap and perform well and is good enough for my riding ability when really pushing it. And the bandit would be great for work, long distance and stunting, but I dunno... not sure that I have room for 3 bikes anyway. So don't know what to do yet.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track Days, i saw a couple of KTM 640SMC's at Brands hatch the other day, one in the fast, one inters and the were very quick, and kept up with the lead pack!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:25 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamsR6 wrote:

Nahh I think a 600cc inline four is about all you need for the roads, anything bigger then would want v-twin as they are more useable.

In my opinion, the twin doesn't really offer much for the road over a four: it is supposed to offer more tracktable power coming out of corners, but on the road you've probably got problems anyway if you're at the limit of traction.

The 1000cc fours have got the torque; they've just got more power above the twin's redline.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:59 - 11 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
YamsR6 wrote:

In my opinion, the twin doesn't really offer much for the road over a four: it is supposed to offer more tracktable power coming out of corners, but on the road you've probably got problems anyway if you're at the limit of traction.

The 1000cc fours have got the torque; they've just got more power above the twin's redline.

I went for a nice ride out on a VTR Firestorm and liked it, a lot lazier but it still went equally as fast and handled nicely (it did have WP rear suspension and re-worked front though)

I don't really know what I want any more so not doing any thing too quickly, need to think it through and work out what exactly it is I want. Ultimately something cheaper to free up money for supermoto, but knowing me, that doesn't always happen Laughing

I don't know really!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:07 - 12 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found firestorms were slighlty quicker than my zx6, but felt slower. I prefer to have the feeling of speed etc, than actually going fast (thus the rs250).
A decent twin (ie TL etc) is definitely a fair bit faster, lazy or not.

However you can be lazy on a thou and still get that top end rush as well.
However a decent thou is gonna set you back a fair bit while you can get a cheap TL/VTR; always quite fancied an early TL-S myself Smile.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 17:00 - 12 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I found firestorms were slighlty quicker than my zx6, but felt slower. I prefer to have the feeling of speed etc, than actually going fast (thus the rs250).
A decent twin (ie TL etc) is definitely a fair bit faster, lazy or not.

However you can be lazy on a thou and still get that top end rush as well.
However a decent thou is gonna set you back a fair bit while you can get a cheap TL/VTR; always quite fancied an early TL-S myself Smile.

Some TLS look alright but a lot of people seem to say they have a bad reputation.. i.e. frames cracking, tank slappers and poor handling etc.

I've been considering a cheaper CBR600F similar to bendys, but not sure if i'll like it, also a ZX6R style like you had, as they seem to be relatively cheap. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'd want.. a ZXR400 would be cool but not as much power as R6 obviously and still no better for commuting etc.. but they are v cheap so a £1200 ZXR and a bandit 600 could be got for the same price as a ZX6R or something so that could be an option - the ZXR would be good as it's cheap and cheap plastics so I'd actually want to take that on track (+ I used to love mine and was very confident on it - I can't ride the R6 in the same way as i'm too scared of the £££ repair bill if I drop it, which I successfuly proved last weekend) - although thats then 3 bikes to maintain, look after, tax and insure etc so not sure if I want to do that.

Any ideas?

Rollins
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:36 - 12 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would your next supermoto be Yams? I reckon the Aprilia SXV450 would be a peach if they were to put it into production - it's kicking ass in the Supermoto Championship ATM.

But would you stick with another Yamaha??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:47 - 12 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollins wrote:
What would your next supermoto be Yams? I reckon the Aprilia SXV450 would be a peach if they were to put it into production - it's kicking ass in the Supermoto Championship ATM.

But would you stick with another Yamaha??

KTM 520/525 EXC Race Spec bike
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 233 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1