Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

JJonth gallery (elbow down... almost)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:19 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: JJonth gallery (elbow down... almost) Reply with quote

Ok this is what I ride on the road, its a 03 RS125 Aprilia. Its abit dirty in this pic Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:21 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is what I get up to most weekends lol. Still got my orange novice jacket on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:24 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're telling me it's dirty, can't even see the sticker on the left hand fairing panel! Laughing

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:24 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres another. Not quite as impressive lol.

bugsy46
Village Idiot

PostPosted: 23:28 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent pics there! now try it on a 600 Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:37 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, it wont be the same. Too big, too heavy, too fast, they throw oil everywhere and all the 600 club racers are idiots. Im sure they have a competition on who can get to the local hospital first and with the most impressive injury ( I saw one get his head run over at Darley the other week). The bike im on there weighs 68kgs semi dry. Thats only 3kgs more than me lol!

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:41 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another:

Last edited by jjonth on 23:52 - 22 Sep 2004; edited 1 time in total

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:43 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjonth wrote:
600 club racers are idiots. Im sure they have a competition on who can get to the local hospital first and with the most impressive injury

You don't have to be on a 600 to do that. I've always been pretty successful on any size of bike Rolling Eyes

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:47 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but novices on 600s seem to the best job of it.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:59 - 22 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a (Honda rs125) there; not up on my gp125s.

I'm hopinh to start racing next year... in rookie 600s Smile.

What club/class are you riding in?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 00:07 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss used to club race G. Back in 1998, he raced a CBR600. Did okay the first season, getting a few 2nds and a few 3rds, next season he was all geared up ready to give it all he had, and he was getting nailed on the straights, over the winter break it seems as though everyone had their bikes chipped up and big bore kits, etc!

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:09 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its a Honda RS125. Its an older one, but ideal for learning on and starting on. Its a 1991 model and puts out 40bhp, its not competitve against the newer models as they put out 5-10bhp more, but I still manage to beat a few. Its good because I can enter in the Forgotten Era class as a pre95 125GP as well as the 125GP so I get double the rides (experience counts for a lot in this game). Dads gonna get me a 1998 bike for next year (he says Wink )

I race with New Era (expensive), Darley Moor (Local and convenient, but still good), Derby Phoenix (Donnington and Oulton, oh yeahh!!), Auto 66 and Wirral 100 (Angelsy is awsesome!!)

Good luck next year m8. 600 class aint that bad, sidecars are worst for oil and 400's and pro bikes have just as many accidents.

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:44 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelsy is a nice track, never got to race there though.
Mallory isnt much fun on a little bike, especially an underpowerd one.
Pembray is definatly worth the trip
Tonfanu is worth avoiding
Donnington is great but bastard expensive!

Darly moor is good as some races have prise money! Very Happy
And the celtic match races at pembray are also cool for picking up some cash.

The 600 class is the cheapest to be competetive in as a brand new road bike with slicks is as good as anything out there. Which is why there are so many who enter it thinking that if they are agressive enough they will win, which is why so many go like loons.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:32 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think it's a lot harder to be competitive with a standard bike in 600s these days. Some people spend a /lot/ of money on tuning.
Last time we were at a Snetterton trackday there was an r6 there that was with a GSXR1000 at the end of the Revvets straight! And the GSXR definitely wasn't going slow... was easily a better rider than me. As was the R6 rider, but even accounting for braking that bit later and taking the esses that bit faster as well as coming out of sears a bit faster you're still going to have to have a pretty seriously tuned bike to keep up like that.
Now I have managed to take people on GSXR1000s on Revvet straight, but never came near with a decent rider on the other bike. The r6 was visibly accelerating a lot faster than me on the straights, never mind in the corners.
Think people tend to go for superstock for the 'road bike on track' path.

Personally, I'm not intending to win much Smile; just have a bit of fun. My r6 has got an igtion advancer, filter and jet kit and that's about it. While I know that some people are using ex-BSS bikes from a few years ago in rookies!

I'm just looking to do a few rounds with bmcrc next year; can't afford a whole season by any means Sad.

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you getting team t-shirts made G? I'd support you and buy one Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:56 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends who I can get to sponsor me Smile.

If I could blag work sponsering me, might try and blag a load of fleeces getting made up Smile.

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:00 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest though you dont have to spend alot to race 125GP bikes. Brand new they cost £7500, but really theres no point in getting one like that so you'd go for a 2nd hand 2000+ model which has been tuned and you'd pay anything between 3000-10000 for one and it would be more than competitive. They dont burn tyres away like 600s and only cost about £60 a pair if you have contacts in the British GP125 (like I do). and generally dont do as much damage when you crash em. I like em because they are true racing machines, not just road bikes.

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:12 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Depends who I can get to sponsor me Smile.

If your potential sponsor wants to run two bikes in the championship count me as the first volunteer to be your team mate Very Happy Thumbs Up

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 21:49 - 23 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was after getting a pre-raced mito and using that, but at the minute my main priority is finding a job to find this lol.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

RUF_Rider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 15 Oct 2004    Post subject: jjonth Reply with quote

jjonth, what club or championship are you in?

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:12 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I race with loads, new era, darley moor, north east, auto 66 etc. I was at Donington today and im there tomorrow again. I really am feeling the need for a more competitive bike for the open class 125. I just get raped down the straights and going around the outside of someone who is alot slower than me (lap times similar as they gain so much just in a straight line!!) around craner curves is hairy especially as its like flat out in 5th gear!! I was lapping 1:28 at the end of the day, which aint that bad, but I'd just like to see how quick I am on a better bike. A kid ive been with all year on another 1991-4 Honda has just got a 1998 bike and he got a 5th today on intermediate tyres!! He got a 1:24 and was as fast as me when he was on a pre 95 bike. The fastest 125 today was 1:19!!! I think he races in the British championship though. I did get a 4th in the forgotten era class though from 19th (last) on the grid to beat the other 125 (who started 2nd on the grid) out of the chicane on the last lap, got him by a 300th of a second!
Illuzion This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

jjonth
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 03:37 - 09 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

bla

NY_Sniper
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:55 - 13 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was wanting to get into racing with a m8 of mine got n e tips ie what bike Razz and clubs etc . any help would be great . Thumbs Up

i live in leeds if thats any help as far as clubs go Very Happy

> Kawasaki ZX7R (Betty Jnr) <> Suzuki GS500e in pieces (Bitch) <> Suzuki GS500e (Martha) <>

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:26 - 13 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a road bike; first thing to do is get to some track days.

If you do trackdays, what group do you run in?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2