BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2023

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 25 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a mechanical device that the rider uses to lower the bike...really slams the front and rear down low. When the bike is braking hard it disengages (occasionally is doesn't). Gets them off the line faster and down the straights faster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 02 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franky Morbidelli will be leaving Yamaha at the end of this year… but where to?

Rins to replace Franky.

Aprilia are developing a carbon fibre chassis. Maybe they'll do a better job when Ducati had a go some 10 years back.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2hjw5aWgAApSSS?format=jpg&name=medium
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 06 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverstone supplied some good races this weekend.

Anyone see the Jake Dixon interview? Embarassed

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:27 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Yep, i think he's blown his chances of a MotoGP ride with an interview like that

I mean, i like the guy, i really do, but you don't go bad mouthing a fellow rider like that on live TV

Great racing elsewhere though

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Yep. I was in the grandstand opposite when it came on the screen. Not a happy bunny! The general consensus what that he was right to say it though...

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 07 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a good look.
Mrs Terror (who shows no interest in sport) was in the room when the interview got shown and likewise found it cringeworthy.

My take for what it's worth; It was no different to many other comings together I've seen. Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Simonchelli, Biaggi all done the leaning on or punting off on numerous occasions.

The Binders also have a reputation for giving no quarter so maybe going around the outside wasn't the best idea...especially when Jake said he was so much faster. In hindsight Jake should've passed him differently.
As for the tap on he back of the seat and I'll tow you up to the front thing that's often seen in Moto3...well all the riders think they're the fastest and most ignore that helpful misguided advice and bang it up the inside ASAP. Binder wouldn't have just followed.

Hodgson and TNTSport must've known interviewing a known emotional person shortly after getting back to the garage they'd have gold. ON TNT's social media it had more views on that vid than all the others.

Maybe some MotoGP team bosses will like the passion and fury but my guess is many more won't.

It's a long way to the end of the season and Jake will have many more opportunities to win races.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 17 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austria! I’m looking forward to it. One of heaviest of the circuits for braking.

Brembo say that 34% of the overall race time on the brakes.

New rule regarding tyre pressures will be in force.
New aero package for Honda.

Personally would like to see KTM win. The place will erupt.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 02 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m annoyed hence I’m on the internet….

‘I’m giving 110%’ - You’re not, it’s not possible and never will be, stop bloody saying it.

‘I had a lot of options with other teams but my priority is to stay with this team’ - Balls! Your priority is to win races and the championship cementing a decent ride in the top class. Doesn’t help when you spit your dummy and blow hot n cold.

Moto3 qualifying - Team managers allowing their riders to not set times because they hope to get a tow as the time ticks by. Riders waiting to get a tow and messing up those on a flying lap. Quite often it’s a fast rider on his own that sets the fastest time and likely to win the race.

Onboard with a MotoE bike - Sounds worse than a dentist’s drill. Ear piercing and enough to make you hit mute. The racing is good the theatre is missing.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame the race start hasn’t opened up the championship as much as I’d hoped, more entertaining this weekend at least.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 03 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Rory Skinners chances of making it in moto 2? I guess next year will be the crunch year.

I thought the interview with Jake was a breath of fresh air.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 03 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another forum, someone pointed out that Pecco could have suffered far worse, if the Bastianini incident hadn’t occurred just before Bagnaia’s high side. There would have been even more riders going over him if they hadn’t already crashed.

As it was, how incredible that he has only contusions no fractures after that sickening crash with Binder riding over his legs?

Good gear is very good gear
Shocked

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:37 - 04 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
What do you guys think of Rory Skinners chances of making it in moto 2? I guess next year will be the crunch year.

I thought the interview with Jake was a breath of fresh air.

In his own words Rory is still adapting his riding style.
Moto2 bikes are like how MotoGP bikes used to be. A girder with a wheel at each end. One rider said the transition from Moto3 > a GP bike is easier.

He's got...like really GOT to break into the top 15 during the season...at the very least make it onto the first page of the timing screen. I don't know how much (if at all) that Dorna are helping him but if so that's one thing going for him as they know having a mix of different nationalities is vital for the sport.

A great result for Dixon. If Pedro Acosta hadn't been roughed up by Canet and Alonso the 'Masterclass' may not have occurred.

Self belief ...sure...but listening back to that Crafer interview where he gets a dig in about Pedro before the Paul Bird dedication.

"The guy that they say is the new Marc Marquez...I still out smarted him in this one". No you didn't really.

Jake is proper fast if a little inconsistent. This his 5th year in the class and the 2nd win. Sam Lowes in his 10th year. 10 wins.

Let's see how he builds upon with what he's got (great bike and team) and gets a decent bike in MotoGP and doesn't become an alsoran.

The Beast has a broken ankle and finger. Pretty surprised that he'll be the only rider to miss the next race in Misano. I'm guessing Pecco will race.

Vinny got his card marked for tyre pressure infringement...too low for half the race. Irta are monitoring during the races now and not just checking tyres at the end.
Next time it's a 3 second penalty, then 6s, then 12 seconds.

The bike swapping on the cooldown lap put a smile on many faces.

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 10 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up for any customers of Virgin Media who use TNT Sport sit watch MotoGP, it’s now a chargeable service with new charges kicking in on renewal

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-TV-contract/td-p/5399932

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 21 Sep 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching a lap of the Buddh International Circuit I'm already sweating.

Roll on tomorrow. Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 04 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7nMIbLW0AAPvPf?format=jpg&name=large

t121anf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 04 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly surprising Marc has left Repsol Honda, even if Honda did everything they could to improve it won't be quick, and he isn't getting any younger.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 07 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see him on a Ducati.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 22 Oct 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory Skinner in the points finishing 12th, good stuff. He's used to riding in wet weather up at Knockhill where it's generally pissing down.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory Skinner sacked halfway through his contract. Never really given enough time in moto2.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to feel for Rory. New bike, new tracks and a teammate that’s made a podium.
It’s brutal and often unfair (thinking of riders backed by big money yet never achieved).

He’s 22 and sure to get a WSBK ride.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 15 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
You have to feel for Rory. New bike, new tracks and a teammate that’s made a podium.
It’s brutal and often unfair (thinking of riders backed by big money yet never achieved).

He’s 22 and sure to get a WSBK ride.

I think his team mate working so well with the bike had a big effect on their decision. I can understand that. He should have been given another year though, but maybe I'm biased. I used to watch him going round Knockill when he was 14. It'll be a shame that there will be one less brit to support on MotoGP day.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 21 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the long series of 'You have to feel for...'

Digi..a slow burner and now a MotoGP winner without a ride in the top class.

Talk of bad tyres in that race. Pecco and Digi both complaining. A rogue tyre isn't unheard of...I think it's what stopped Valentino Rossi from winning a title...I think during the Lorenzo vs Rossi era.

Tyres...oh how tedious. Tyre pressures - too low - penalties.

Michelin say that they're concerned that the tyre could leave the rim hence the minimum limit. Thing is if you're following a few bikes the tyre <exaggerating> balloons leading either to slow lap times or more often, a low side.

Who the eff wants a racer being cautious of tyre pressures.

Moto3 was frantic with Masia not being the most popular champion....pity that Sasaki didn't get a chance to take it to the last round.

Moto2 world champion had a meh race in Qatar.

Last round at that excellent track with heaps of overtaking opportunities. Brick Wall

Probable the fella that looks like he serves behind the Apple genius bar will be holding onto the #1 plate.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 21 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long til Pedro Acosta wins motoGP? I reckon 3 years.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 22 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moto3 he won in his rookie year.
2nd year in Moto2 becomes champion.

Rookie world champions in any sport are rare. Didn't a rookie win the Supercross world championship this year (?)
Ricky Carmichael is another.

Marquez obviously.

Who knows struan80 Maybe, more than likely not, 3rd sounds logical...TBH it's a pointless discussion, which I'm not adverse to but frankly I waste too much time typing crap to strangers as it is....and this being a bike forum n'all sure lacks interest in motorcycle racing so it's not like we've got a decent crowd to yak with.

TL;DR Yes/No he will.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 24 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh there’s a chance for Digi. After being told that there was no chance of a MotoGP ride now there’s a possibility. Fingers crossed.

Maybe the new track surface will offer more opportunities for overtaking. It’s definitely improved lap times.

FP1 for Pecco isn’t going as nicely compared to Martin who slapped down a fastest lap within 10 minutes.
He (Pecco) is known as a steady builder throughout the lead-up to the race.

Sam Lowes going well and it’d be super if he makes a podium.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3