BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cycling Mikey

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Cycling Mikey Reply with quote

Anyone ever seen the guy Cycling Mikey on YouTube? He basically goes about London with cameras on to try and catch as many people on their phones as possible and grass them in.

I don't like people on their phones but I also don't like grasses. Anyway I saw this video where he's talking about how a guy was breaking down in court and Mikey tries to portray himself as some kind of caring empathetic guy despite being there literally to get the guy done at court.

I think the guys that Mikey grasses in are obviously cunts for breaking the law and stuff so I don't really have a problem with that but I think the Mikey guy is a bigger cunt for being a weasley cunt and acting like he's a good guy when he's actively trying to snake the cunt he's talking to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKiFuAS8QKs

Also, fuck me, the surface of the Moon has less craters than this cunts face. Holy fuck. Cunt looks like his face was used as an artillery proving ground. Even the cunt that got ate by pigs in Hannibal has smoother skin:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Mason_Verger_Gary_Oldman.jpg

So, brings me to my point. What's the consensus in here on this type of thing? It's only going to become more common that people get grassed in for all kinds of things. Going a fucking hoon is going to become harder Crying or Very sad

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:24 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate who occasionally posts on here used to do courier work in London and one of his tricks was to pull alongside people in convertibles who were driving along talking on their phone, snatch it off them and throw it onto the road.

Oddly enough, nobody ever reported him to the police.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a subjective area. I think most people would agree you should always report serious crimes to the authorities, e.g. rape, murder, but then "define serious." Talking on your phone - hands free or not - is a distraction* while at the wheel of a potential two-tonne death machine.

On the other hand "no one likes a grass" is true: it undermines confidence and trust. Who would share their inner most troubles and feelings with Cycling Mikey? Hey Mikey, I'm thinking of torching my car for the insurance money. "Great! Let me grab my camera." Rolling Eyes

*More than you'd think. With digital communications everything is compressed and decompressed adding to latency. You wouldn't notice but your brain has to compensate in the same way you don't notice the flicker of fluorescent lights consciously.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It's a subjective area. I think most people would agree you should always report serious crimes to the authorities, e.g. rape, murder, but then "define serious." Talking on your phone - hands free or not - is a distraction* while at the wheel of a potential two-tonne death machine.

On the other hand "no one likes a grass" is true: it undermines confidence and trust. Who would share their inner most troubles and feelings with Cycling Mikey? Hey Mikey, I'm thinking of torching my car for the insurance money. "Great! Let me grab my camera." Rolling Eyes

*More than you'd think. With digital communications everything is compressed and decompressed adding to latency. You wouldn't notice but your brain has to compensate in the same way you don't notice the flicker of fluorescent lights consciously.

Let's be honest. Sometimes you can respect the reason for some cunt being a grassing bastard: but no cunt likes a grass. Ever.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:21 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't affect me, grass if he wants to, just builds a shit name for himself and people will distance themselves from him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 31 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

snitches get stitches
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 01 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Cycling Mikey Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Anyone ever seen the guy Cycling Mikey on YouTube? He basically goes about London with cameras on to try and catch as many people on their phones as possible and grass them in.

I don't like people on their phones but I also don't like grasses. Anyway I saw this video where he's talking about how a guy was breaking down in court and Mikey tries to portray himself as some kind of caring empathetic guy despite being there literally to get the guy done at court.

I think the guys that Mikey grasses in are obviously cunts for breaking the law and stuff so I don't really have a problem with that but I think the Mikey guy is a bigger cunt for being a weasley cunt and acting like he's a good guy when he's actively trying to snake the cunt he's talking to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKiFuAS8QKs

Also, fuck me, the surface of the Moon has less craters than this cunts face. Holy fuck. Cunt looks like his face was used as an artillery proving ground. Even the cunt that got ate by pigs in Hannibal has smoother skin:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Mason_Verger_Gary_Oldman.jpg

So, brings me to my point. What's the consensus in here on this type of thing? It's only going to become more common that people get grassed in for all kinds of things. Going a fucking hoon is going to become harder Crying or Very sad

He is Mason Verger, he diddled his wee sister. And I claim my 5 rand.

There are a lot of vigilante kunts wearing cameras just incase some poor bastirt cuts them up in traffic.
Cannot get over themselves.
Those types probably cannot even masturbate with any enjoyment.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 08 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I ride a push bike quite often and it gives you another perspctive, exclusively car drivers are even bigger tossers* that you thought, no indicating off roundabouts pulling out without looking etc.. etc..

So I say he's doing a good job, brave too, the police are't policing this kind of thing, so he's helping out. Snitch? meh, the smug cunts mostly get whats coming, I guess there will be exceptions but that's life.

BTW what if it was e-scooterists he was dobbing in Wink

* especially those with big look-at-me-I'm-more-important-than-you cars

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 08 Aug 2023    Post subject: Re: Cycling Mikey Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Those types probably cannot even masturbate with any enjoyment.

Shocked Blimey, I thought that was an age thing Pale

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 11 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
So I say he's doing a good job, brave too

Shocked didn't realise till now he was a hero and that God gave his hardest battle to his toughest soldier Rolling Eyes

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 11 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people like him are scum.

I say this as a cyclist, if you have a camera for your own protection thats one thing, If you encounter something you feel needs taking further report it then move on with your life.

Why confront people, cause agrovation and post it on social media to massage your own self important ego.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes a living from YouTube. I think that may be all he does.

It probably won't come as much of a surprise but I don't like him. Or cyclists in general, to be frank. I don't actually like motorcyclists either, to be frank. However, cyclists are a special case.

He was doing his Gandalf Corner thing once, and someone ran him over. Apparently, someone famous. He had someone in the car with him. It went to court and the driver was let off with a slapped wrist. His defence was, he didn't know what was going on, and in the heat of the moment thought he was being attacked by the old cyclist fool, so he stepped on it. This defence seems to have succeeded. However, I was delighted to watch an earlier video of Mikey's, in which the same driver/passenger walked up on Mikey doing his Gandalf thing. Mike obviously didn't notice or remember him from before. You can only push people so far before tyey snap, right or wrong, so good on the driver.

Mikey is a prolific YouTube blocker and deleter. He also plays loose and fast with the truth, and often. I saw a video of his where he denied being South African, for example.

He and Jeremy Vine fairly represent the contemptibility of the average British cyclist. It's not a universal phenomenon. For example, in France they seem to have a better attitude. However, here, everything and everyone has to make way for them. Everyone else is always to blame in every incident. Their psychology mirrors Just Stop Oil - (Just Bored And Looking For Trouble).

Just imagine if motorcyclists were never at fault and they all banded together like a persecuted group whenever someone made a mistake on the road or was careless. It would be so stupid. I mean, motorcyclists have their own brand of stupidity, and cyclists don't fall prey to that (e.g. imagine "I come from a cycling family - I'm a man's man and a bit rough, me"). But that just reinforces some kind of failing society where there's obviously a hidden power struggle between the lower classes (including middle class) anyway.

But yeah, Mikey's an old man and knows all this, so he's going to monetise it. He does represent them though, and they should be ashamed of that. Cycling is boring and just doesn't work in this country except for on trails, gravel and in woodland. Look at Mikey and there's the reason why.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:01 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
...Cycling is boring and just doesn't work in this country except for on trails, gravel and in woodland. Look at Mikey and there's the reason why.

Let's have a look at the stats:

https://groundreport.in/countries-with-highest-number-of-bicycle-users/

Seems like the highest ownership is in smug rich Western countries Thinking

Contrast that with motorcycle ownership:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-that-ride-motorbikes.html

The two forms of transport are chalk & cheese. Honourable mention for Italy getting on the second list but not the first Smile

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:19 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble with both cycling and to a lesser extent motorcycling in the UK is it's more of a lifestyle choice than a mode of transport. People will identify themself as a cyclist and are emotionally invested in the activity. So you get a similar mentality to that of sports fans or crossfit practitioners. It's the most important thing in their life and they can become very overstimulated about it.

In other places, this doesn't happen. Like in Holland, people don't identify as a "cyclist" any more than I'd identify myself as a van driver (although people do and I find the vanlife crowd in the UK every bit as obnoxious as the cyclist brigade). They just happen to ride a bicycle to get to work.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

In other places, this doesn't happen. Like in Holland, people don't identify as a "cyclist" any more than I'd identify myself as a van driver

This is me. my cycling is for speed, convenience with a by product of exercise. I commute 2-3 a week 5 miles to work or nip to the shops/pub. My bike is a 20 quid SA 3 speed from the local auction. Not a cunty £5000 carbon fibre doo-dah.

Since the cycling infrastructure in this country is so piss-poor people use pavemsnts (bad) and motorists cut into narrow cycle lanes (also bad). It's no surprise then that animosity builds up. I wouldn't do what Mikey does and I've previously described Vine as a snivelling milksop which he is. Nevetheless there is I think a case to be made for safeguarding cyclists, and motorcyclists come to that, from the distracted car driver - a role he fills albeit somewhat zealously.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dutch model, in particular, cannot work in the UK. Quite right to say the Dutch don't consider themselves cyclists. But they cycle distances that we would walk. There is no call for a cycle network to be installed if people are riding, say, 2 miles. Is that something it's necessary to change the working roads network for, or a political bandwagon, and create clutter? Don't think so. In fact, we have an equivalent to the Dutch bicycle user here in the UK. Nobody wants to hear it but this just highlights how it's really all about class struggle. They are the Invisible People.

Who are the Invisible People? Amazing new type of hominid... You can look straight at them and not see them. They're pedaling slowly in a low gear on a Carrera (probably stolen) in your town centre, riding on the pavements, wearing Primark jogging clothes (as they do every day), on their way to the bookies or the kebab shop with a £20 (or however much it is) baggie to drop off with their mate Dave, along with £50 to blow on lottery tickets. There are hundreds and hundreds of them out there, yet they aren't "cyclists". Never a squeak on Twitter/X. No road rage drama queen videos. They know all the ins and outs of prison and council estate life. You could say, he's being offlined. But I'd say no, he's actually being barracked in a zone. He's the most useful type of person in a society because he's cheaply bought, easily recruited and cajoled, optimistic from day to day, high time preference, easily manipulated sense of manhood, etc. His rebellion would never be smart or threatening: a stolen motorcycle ridden around for a bit. If you were to give him a motorcycle licence, and train him in how to change the oil on a car, he's yours for life. Isn't that how motorcyclists were traditionally made in the UK? Taking a likely lad and putting him in the forces, right? That's why the Dutch model can't work in the UK. Cannon fodder zones. Holland and the UK are very different societies.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, Bhud, you're out of touch. Those people have moved onto electric scooters.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 13 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
With all due respect, Bhud, you're out of touch. Those people have moved onto electric scooters.

100% agree

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys may well be right.

Cycling is a form of exercise, and no matter how light, it's mind-altering. This might help to explain why there are people like Mikey and Jeremy Vine. When you watch these Youtube videos, what's striking is that the driver is in an armchair, relaxed and thinking inwardly. They may make a mistake or they may not, but when it involves a cyclist, the cyclist is tense, wound-up, angry and ragey. This usually takes the driver by surprise. Who would be able to exploit this effect the best? Probably an ex-cop like Mikey. He can wind them up further on purpose while putting on a soft tone of voice. Many people use that as a trick anyway. So the driver, confronted with this shock, becomes angry, and because they were sitting relaxed in their armchair, they were not prepared for the confrontation, so they get an adrenaline dump to prepare for fight or flight. Then they come across as unreasonable. Who was in control and who instigated it? Looking at this way, it was the cyclist who was ready and prepared for this with their camera.

Even in the best case, the driver ignores the cyclist and drives away, and the cyclist gets an ego reinforcement and tells himself and everyone else who'll hear it that the driver was running scared of a physical confrontation! He also gets reinforcement from his tribe, on Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.

Out of people who understand the process, you get Jeremy Vine and Mikey, milking it for all its worth.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
You guys may well be right.

Cycling is a form of exercise, and no matter how light, it's mind-altering. This might help to explain why there are people like Mikey and Jeremy Vine. When you watch these Youtube videos, what's striking is that the driver is in an armchair, relaxed and thinking inwardly. They may make a mistake or they may not, but when it involves a cyclist, the cyclist is tense, wound-up, angry and ragey. This usually takes the driver by surprise. Who would be able to exploit this effect the best? Probably an ex-cop like Mikey. He can wind them up further on purpose while putting on a soft tone of voice. Many people use that as a trick anyway. So the driver, confronted with this shock, becomes angry, and because they were sitting relaxed in their armchair, they were not prepared for the confrontation, so they get an adrenaline dump to prepare for fight or flight. Then they come across as unreasonable. Who was in control and who instigated it? Looking at this way, it was the cyclist who was ready and prepared for this with their camera.

Even in the best case, the driver ignores the cyclist and drives away, and the cyclist gets an ego reinforcement and tells himself and everyone else who'll hear it that the driver was running scared of a physical confrontation! He also gets reinforcement from his tribe, on Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.

Out of people who understand the process, you get Jeremy Vine and Mikey, milking it for all its worth.

Actually, that's a fair assessment of the psychology of it I reckon. Mickey is a fucking crater faced cunt.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:57 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickeys a tool, winding people up but there are plenty of problems with using a bike for transport.Most pushbikes are rubbish and the roads not suited to them.

Here's a video demonstrating that and why most people should be on a motorcycle instead regardless of the states attempt to ban them by the backdoor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PesNF9mUaAg

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found cycling amazing until the hit the main streets with my bike to do a commute to an evening course at a local college. What I had liked about it was the trails. There are so many back woods trails around where I live. The roads, on the other hand, just sapped my enthusiasm altogether. I reckon a lot of people expect bicycles to do too much for them. They were always decent toys. But they can't be your workout regime, your mode of transport, etc. What I realised was, if you ride on the roads, you have to stop now and then. Even if you don't stop at every light, you have to stop sometime. Even if you have the most perfect cycle path, you will have to stop at several points. The design of a bicycle is not stop-friendly because unlike with a motorbike where you just lower your leg as you stop, you have to shift off your seat as you're perched too high up. Ideally, you just want to keep pedalling and keep your pace, changing just your gears, maybe slowing down and speeding up sometimes, but mostly changing gears. You don't want to have to get off that seat.

I think apart from the usual targets of blame (car drivers) this might be an overlooked source of serious frustration when riding a bicycle on the road. I mean, if it's a physical fitness workout, just imagine how mad the average road cyclist must get, with all the inconvenience of having to stop... Zebra crossings, pedestrians, stopped cars, etc. So he finds a human-shaped figure of blame (other road users) when really the problem is actually more pushbike-shaped. It must have been great riding bicycles on the road in the early 20th century, but even if you took away all the cars, it would still be mayhem today, thanks to smooth roads (enabling higher speeds) along with obstacles, road users, street furniture, etc.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely off-road is more fun - not worrying about some lorry taking you out. On the road is only better when you can outpace the traffic (40mph eBike, suburban roads) but then why not get a motorbike... which I eventually did Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:20 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
What I realised was, if you ride on the roads, you have to stop now and then. Even if you don't stop at every light, you have to stop sometime. Even if you have the most perfect cycle path, you will have to stop at several points. The design of a bicycle is not stop-friendly because unlike with a motorbike where you just lower your leg as you stop, you have to shift off your seat as you're perched too high up. Ideally, you just want to keep pedalling and keep your pace, changing just your gears, maybe slowing down and speeding up sometimes, but mostly changing gears. You don't want to have to get off that seat.

I think you must have an oddly shaped bicycle with an unusually high bottom bracket.

Learn to trackstand.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 14 Aug 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I think you must have an oddly shaped bicycle with an unusually high bottom bracket.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/9/16/1442414730018/Dave-Preece-on-his-Penny--009.jpg?width=700&dpr=2&s=none
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2